Podcast BigFooty Tigercast S03 EP07 ft Rhett Bartlett, Grockadoc & Tigerflag

Remove this Banner Ad

Tonight we had the absolute pleasure of being joined by rbartlett to talk about the updated release of his book 'Richmond F.C, The Tigers' and how he become involved in researching the RFC history, some of his experiences contacting past players and families of past players, his involvement in the design of the 2019 ANZAC guernsey plus heaps more.

His knowledge of the club and the work that he does is simply amazing and I encourage everyone to pick up a copy of the updated version of the book which includes chaperts and interviews surrounding the 2017 flag plus more.

You can buy the book from the Tigerland Superstore, Slattery media website and all good book stores.

Rhett had to take off before we started the Review and Preview talk but I want to thank him again for his time tonight!

For the rest of the episode Grockadoc TigerFlag and I reviewed the Port game, Previewed the Swans game and we even threw in another Tigercast Takedown at the request of the guests!

Huge thanks to Grock and Tigerflag for their time and thoughts too, very much appreciated.

Listen to episode on below links:

https://www.spreaker.com/episode/17655203

Fantastic listen again. Loved the Rhett Bartlett part at the start. Loved the section on the lace up. Although I'm not that old I actually got to play in a lace up at Sturt many moons ago. It was the last year they were worn and I've got my guernsey still. They were brilliant to wear. I also have a snowballs hope in hell of ever fitting into it again though :D

Well done lads, keep up the good work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Fantastic listen again. Loved the Rhett Bartlett part at the start. Loved the section on the lace up. Although I'm not that old I actually got to play in a lace up at Sturt many moons ago. It was the last year they were worn and I've got my guernsey still. They were brilliant to wear. I also have a snowballs hope in hell of ever fitting into it again though :D

Well done lads, keep up the good work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

thanks mate!

A few years back i spoke to Tony Greenberg about our Honour Board having no best and fairest winners for 1908,9,10,12,15,30 & 31. I hope what Rhett was alluding to was retrospectively awarding players these years based on historical records. Would be great to see names like Maurie Sheahan, Martin Bolger, Dick Harris and Ray Martin included forever with other worthy champions.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks to all for another cracking podcast.

And special thanks to you rbartlett. Love your passion and all of your work, recording the oral history of the club. I reckon I've listened to every recording you've put out through the Roar podcast. I really enjoy the detail of what the older folk remember - how they got to games, where they lived, what jobs they did while they were playing etc. Thank you.

Thanks to all for another cracking podcast.

And special thanks to you rbartlett. Love your passion and all of your work, recording the oral history of the club. I reckon I've listened to every recording you've put out through the Roar podcast. I really enjoy the detail of what the older folk remember - how they got to games, where they lived, what jobs they did while they were playing etc. Thank you.
Thanks for the kind words
I hope to put a few more up over the coming week for you to listen to

Thanks Michaels, I have been meaning to come on here and thank you but kept getting distracted by other threads.

Going to be a tough podcast to beat, looking forward to seeing whats next!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back