Bigman’s Training Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

I think we accept he will play most games unfortunately.
Must say he has impressed me this summer. Looks fitter to my eye than this time last year and hasn’t really put a foot wrong.

On training form he is ahead of McHenry atm although to be fair to ned he did have a pretty strong session on Wednesday. Still makes too many blunders however even at training with less pressure.

If Murphy can play to a similar level to the Geelong game fairly consistently, then he's worthy of best 22. He actually played with influence. Unfortunately he regressed back to old Murphy in the second half of the year making you think those games were an anomaly.

I’m going with Curtin, purely because that’s the kind of sh%t that happens to our club.
The beauty of this if it is him is he’s a massive competitor ( unlike Mcasey) and that west coast are likely to be bottom 2-3 for a few years

So I think he will perform well and we get a keep a great player or get something really good in return

Obvs I’d prefer the former and think it is what will unfold

Must say he has impressed me this summer. Looks fitter to my eye than this time last year and hasn’t really put a foot wrong.

On training form he is ahead of McHenry atm although to be fair to ned he did have a pretty strong session on Wednesday. Still makes too many blunders however even at training with less pressure.
Definitely a fair bit better player than Mchenry in my eyes

Has more tricks including power through a contest and penetration with his kick I50 , love his stoppage stuff

You can tell the other forwards love playing with him too , Tex absolutely loves him and a popular team mate all round

Would love to see him nail more chances in front of goals

Oh also heard the players are very impressed with Curtin. Similar comments to when Rachele first started at the club. Players blown away with what he can do.
More than one have commented on how similar he is to Dawson.
Its why it is so important that we can retain him long term. A midfield in a couple of years time of Dawson, Curtin, Rankine and Pedlar has it all - power, height, strength, evasiveness, ball winning grunt, power from the contest and elite ball use

Bingo, something the Ned fan boys fail to acknowledge.
Unfortunately for ned I think too often he overthinks things which is cause for trouble at the elite level.

When playing on instinct he is actually pretty handy but there appears to be too many thoughts buzzing through his head leading to costly errors.

I think he could have a role at the level but unfortunately he’s in a team flush with quality small forwards. I have a soft spot for him but he does have his work cut out for him this year

Its why it is so important that we can retain him long term. A midfield in a couple of years time of Dawson, Curtin, Rankine and Pedlar has it all - power, height, strength, evasiveness, ball winning grunt, power from the contest and elite ball use
100% agree. I hope we are already talking to his manager about a long term extension

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another thing about curtin is that he is a seriously good runner, which bodes well for a possible move into the midfield.

He’s not at the bond/sholl/jones level but he’s not that far behind and is easily one of the best of the talls.

Also just quietly he is already ripped. Just an absolute professional athlete.
And in the midfield with his agility and size, he will be a daunting player to match up on

Last edited:
Another thing about curtin is that he is a seriously good runner, which bodes well for a possible move into the midfield.

He’s not at the bond/sholl/jones level but he’s not that far behind and is easily one of the best of the talls.

Also just quietly he is already ripped. Just an absolute professional athlete.
Yep and he’s massively driven

Quite the package

I'm not sure what he's listed as, but the players thought he was just under 200 cm, and close to 100 kg. He's a big unit and he moves incredibly well.
He’s probably still growing , was 197cm last year I think

Wow he might actually end up the first 200cm midfielder which will prob just be a sign of things to come in the AFL

If Murphy can play to a similar level to the Geelong game fairly consistently, then he's worthy of best 22. He actually played with influence. Unfortunately he regressed back to old Murphy in the second half of the year making you think those games were an anomaly.
Also, needs to look to pass the ball off where possible, rather than kicking for goal.

I am sure he is fit. It’s ability over and above pressure acts that concerns me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back