FTA-TV Billions

Remove this Banner Ad

And yes I liked the ending too. Thought they would tie in the trinket Connerty’s brother stole too, but oh well...the old camera in the safe trick...

Now, was there another document in the safe for them to originally find? Would think Connerty would have at least read what he photographed...

Now, was there another document in the safe for them to originally find? Would think Connerty would have at least read what he photographed...
Given how long a con Chuck was running on Connerty, it wouldn't surprise me if there was a fake contract in the safe initially that would have contained what Brian would have been looking for but would have contained maybe a single line or clause that made the entire thing void and therefore couldn't be used

Amazing finale. I mean a lot of it was telegraphed but still felt like a great twist.

I didn't see the bug in the pin thing even though it was totally obvious in hindsight haha

Loved the reveal on who the idiot was :D

The price axe paid for Wendy was big but who really counts the numbers when he's supposed to have so much.

I think I need to see the demise of both of them in what should surely be the final season. At this point neither deserves to win.

Given how long a con Chuck was running on Connerty, it wouldn't surprise me if there was a fake contract in the safe initially that would have contained what Brian would have been looking for but would have contained maybe a single line or clause that made the entire thing void and therefore couldn't be used
Undoubtedly that's what happened. Chuck was using Axe's spy man to put the new documents (and photo of Connerty) in there and remove the other ones.

Gotta say - the Connerty subplot was annoying as hell given they made his character heel turn from effectively a good guy with scruples to a caricature of a bumbling idiot with very loose ethics in such a quick turn. Poorly written in my view.

You could see him transitioning as soon as he got the job. It was highlighting what that power/job does to some people as he would do anything to get someone he thought/knew was guilty, the same way that Chuck did.

He even said at the end it’s the chair/position that does it to you.

Gotta say - the Connerty subplot was annoying as hell given they made his character heel turn from effectively a good guy with scruples to a caricature of a bumbling idiot with very loose ethics in such a quick turn. Poorly written in my view.
Agree with this and i thought the finale was far fetchted. So Taylor is going willingly accept to work back at Axe Capital. I know they explained the reasoning with the meeting with Rhoades but it is just not believable that Axe still wants Taylor for her mind and thinks he can control Taylor, despite the numerous revenge plots against all season.

They should of just cut her loose. The show doesnt need Taylor to play Rhoades off against Axe next season or vice versa.

Agree with this and i thought the finale was far fetchted. So Taylor is going willingly accept to work back at Axe Capital. I know they explained the reasoning with the meeting with Rhoades but it is just not believable that Axe still wants Taylor for her mind and thinks he can control Taylor, despite the numerous revenge plots against all season.

They should of just cut her loose. The show doesnt need Taylor to play Rhoades off against Axe next season or vice versa.
I suspect the show has been given only one more season and they are using whatever plot devices at their disposal to set up a final season of the two leads against each others. Makes sense thats why the sped up the Connerty and Taylor storylines very quickly towards the finale - and why it irks. I take the bad writing comment back on reflection, rather than lazy convienance brought on by external circumstances.

Thought Axe and Wendy were going to bang.
The price axe paid for Wendy was big but who really counts the numbers when he's supposed to have so much.
So what was the donation to get Wendy a favorable medical board ruling? $20m +

Sorry that another thing that seems a bit too far fetched. If they had originally written in the storyline that Axe and Wendy were screwing on the side, in secret, then it is more believable.

Yeah, I see what you mean on that. The whole show is about how power corrupts though, so it fits thematically, but it was a very quick fall to the dark side.

Sorry that another thing that seems a bit too far fetched. If they had originally written in the storyline that Axe and Wendy were screwing on the side, in secret, then it is more believable.
They've had the strongest relationship throughout the whole show though, so it's not that far-fetched for me. They both know each other's inner most thoughts and feelings, which is probably more important than a sexual relationship.

They've had the strongest relationship throughout the whole show though, so it's not that far-fetched for me. They both know each other's inner most thoughts and feelings, which is probably more important than a sexual relationship.

Axe pretty much admitted last episode that he needs Wendy more than anyone to do his job.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah not quite the show it was in earlier seasons but still pretty enjoyable. My biggest gripe this year was there was just so much I didn't buy;

- Wendy going rogue to get Taylor
- Connerty buying into the ridiculous life coach's bullshit and going rogue
- Chuck not taking the deal that coul have saved Wendy because now he has at least some scruples
- Spiro still being employed at Axe Cap

And other stuff I can't remember at the moment. +1 for thinking Wendy and Axe were going to bang, will happen next season I reckon.

On the plus side, good season for Dollar Bill and Wags I thought.

Yeah really feel like the show's off the boil now. It's annoying me that they are trying to cram pop culture references into Every Single Conversation. in previous seasons the movie quotes, song lyrics etc where used a lot more sparingly and with great effect.

Yup. Really enjoyed that stuff in previous seasons coz it felt like there were maybe half a dozen in an entire season, now seems like there's multiple in every ep and some feel pretty forced.

It's taken me a long time to properly accept this, but Wendy is the most despicable character on the show. She's incredibly manipulative and uses other people's deepest secrets against them.

If I wasn't already, I'm firmly on Team Taylor now. That smug look on Wendy's face when Taylor worked it out was so perfectly arch, it made me angry!

Yeah like I mentioned above, never really bought that she'd be into going so far off the reservation just to **** with Taylor. They brought it back a bit with it weighing so heavily on her in the end, that was good.

He couldn't **** over the Indians in the end. They would be too powerful an enemy after everything that had happened just to get them on his side.

Couldn't he? Why? What could they do to him? Feel like I've missed some machination there.

25 mil I think, pocket change for Axe, he'd pay that and a heap more to get Wendy off if he had to. Guy was gonna fork out 5 billion to secure Cantu's company before it all went sideways.

I enjoyed watching season 1 again knowing more about the characters and where their stories ended up going.

I had forgotten Spyros was fairly prominent early on.

The Donnie stuff was a real game changer for the show in general and I it's probably my favourite storyline, I admit watching it the first time I was totally oblivious to what was actually going on and it made me take notice of the finer details for the rest of the show.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back