VFL Blair

Remove this Banner Ad

i think you've hit the hammer right on the head with this one. I think bucks takes a short time each week to put himself in the place of malthouse, so he can make decisions for the following week. "what would I do if I was Mick?"

Knew there would be one bloke who misinterprets what I am saying and takes things to the extreme (your sarcasm noted but you forgot the :rolleyes: ).

I wonder if Nathan when (he took over) took those comments which were clearly aimed at Nathans personality type and has tried to prove the opposite maybe even subconsciously so.

An incident in the Carlton game brought home to me just why I hate Blair.

We were deep in the backline and one of the Pies was looking for a kick down the line to get it out of there.... and so he looks up and all he sees is the hobbit one-on-one with his opponent..... he looks for other options...... and then he finally realises that he has to hoist it up down the line and put the fate of the team in the hands of the little man... and I was watching it stressing out, knowing full well that the height-challenged leprechaun was likely to be outmarked and the Pies would be back under pressure..... and I hated that feeling. I loathed it. I wanted the hobbit marched off the oval at the first opportunity and shown the door... We shouldnt have to put up with this as supporters..

Fortunately, Blair halved the contest and managed to get a holding the ball decision but that's only a minor point...

We were deep in the backline and one of the Pies was looking for a kick down the line to get it out of there.... and so he looks up and all he sees is the hobbit one-on-one with his opponent..... he looks for other options...... and then he finally realises that he has to hoist it up down the line and put the fate of the team in the hands of the little man... and I was watching it stressing out, knowing full well that the height-challenged leprechaun was likely to be outmarked and the Pies would be back under pressure..... and I hated that feeling. I loathed it. I wanted the hobbit marched off the oval at the first opportunity and shown the door... We shouldnt have to put up with this as supporters..

Fortunately, Blair halved the contest and managed to get a holding the ball decision but that's only a minor point...

Leave Wayne Carey Mark 2 alone please!

I blame Bucks by the way!

Height-ist!!

Decent game on the weekend, mainly due to arsing a couple of shots he usually misses.

Guessing this will buy him another couple of months now.
Very limited player all he can do is tackle ,makes me sick when players kick to him in the fwd line,he stuffs it up 9out of 10 times,employed to kick goals ,but just doesn't happen ,Degoey no better two half Fwds that don't kick goals,but the pressure is on Cloke White go figure.If all you can do is tackle walk next door to the storm.Coach killer.

tackles, kick a couple goals and even showed cloke how to be kick out target the wee man can do no right
with a lot on here. if you don't wont him in the team come up with some one decent to replace him with
who does the same, and is not injured. does his job week in week out

i heard the most incredible line from the heroes of community sen radio.... i'm not too sure which one it was because the local community radio uses SEN stuff to fill up the void...

anyway, someone came up with the idea of identifying the x-factor players of the finals....but the "sneaky" ones. The ones that you dont expect.... And they gave examples.....and guess who they gave...... Jarryd Blair in 2010. Evidently the radio boys must be doing community service for hiring some short people to toss at a local pie night and the judge told them to do something for a midget....but honestly guys, something realistic please. Blair the secret sneaky x-factor man of the 2010 finals??? geez

rumour blair has got a gig in the next series of game of thrones as a love interest...he may have to quit the Pies..

In an Ideal world is he in our Best 22 probably not. however take out Fasolo / Elliott / Swan and Broomhead and he deserves his spot. unlike half the list he brings effort and consistency week in week out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol So your argument is that despite the fact Blair won the contest he is useless. Says more about your extreme bias than Blair's abilities.

I have nothing but admiration for Blair and the way he goes about his footy. He hadnt been replaced cause nobody has pushed him out through PERFORMANCE. I would like Broomy, Aish and others to go past him. But they haven't done enough. Dont blame Blair for the inadequacies of others.

Lol So your argument is that despite the fact Blair won the contest he is useless. Says more about your extreme bias than Blair's abilities.

I have nothing but admiration for Blair and the way he goes about his footy. He hadnt been replaced cause nobody has pushed him out through PERFORMANCE. I would like Broomy, Aish and others to go past him. But they haven't done enough. Dont blame Blair for the inadequacies of others.

I'm saying that his extreme shortness and limited skill set stresses me out... he makes me feel that I'm barracking for an team that is playing not one man short....... but with one short man.... or playing with 21.5 players...

I have nothing but admiration for blair too. For someone to have stopped growing at 5 and still play AFL is amazing. I was one of the people screaming for his inclusion in mid 2010. I think we all did. It was a magical time. The club said that he would grow into the role but we've been lied to.

Says more about his willingness to work to at least create an option... who was actually going to do it if he didn't?

I'm saying that his extreme shortness and limited skill set stresses me out... he makes me feel that I'm barracking for an team that is playing not one man short....... but with one short man.... or playing with 21.5 players...

I have nothing but admiration for blair too. For someone to have stopped growing at 5 and still play AFL is amazing. I was one of the people screaming for his inclusion in mid 2010. I think we all did. It was a magical time. The club said that he would grow into the role but we've been lied to.

I'm concerned that you are stressed by the shortness of Blair. As a remedy, can I suggest you avert your eyes when the ball goes near him? I have been doing it for years when Cloke attempts to kick a goal. Highly recommended for one's mental health.

I'm concerned that you are stressed by the shortness of Blair. As a remedy, can I suggest you avert your eyes when the ball goes near him? I have been doing it for years when Cloke attempts to kick a goal. Highly recommended for one's mental health.

well it's good advice...but my emotions get the better of me before the ball even gets to him. I think I closed my eyes at the time of the incident that I was talking about but i'm visualising his brevity even when my eyes are closed. As I said, he managed to actually contest the mark and then get a holding the ball decision so even a good outcome doesnt help me. He just doesnt look like a small forward, even though he's small. That's the frustration of it all...

If we had Poppy i'd be a lot happier... even though he has got less disposals, less inside 50s, less tackles this year .......he's kicked 16 more goals...so he's a real ridgey didge forward.... and he's 173cm and Blair is only 174 and small forwards are supposed to be 173.

Do you understand my problem? Its frustrating...

I love Blairy. I've blamed a lot of stuff on him. He's done well but he needs to go..

LOL - you actually think you're funny.
Don't give up your day job - you'll starve as a comedian.

Anyone care to have Puopolo or Caleb Daniel in our team?
puopolo yes big fan of even though plays for the dawks
Yep Poppy is great to watch , a little terrier. Bit like our Blair really.

He has stepped up his goalkicking in 2016 but still his career goals per game is 1.0 compared to Blairs 0.8. Think it should be a bit better considering he has only ever played in a top 4 team where the ball spends a lot of time up forward and delivery from the mids is best ever. Still like Blair his job isnt really to kick lots of goals its just when you do that role in a successful team you get less criticised by fans.

Poppy also struggles a lot when it comes to finals footy if you just go on stats. He has kicked one goal in a Grand Final but thats not really a big deal seeing he has played in the last 4 and 3 of them on the winning team. Be part of a winning team if you want to avoid criticism. Year he got a goal was 2014 when the Hawks kicked 21.

In the last 3 successful Hawthorn finals series where Poppy has played 10 games he has managed 3 goals. A neat stat when you consider 1 goal in three successful GFs and 1 goal in each of 3 successful finals series.

Give Blairy those sort of figures when we are doing badly, or Milne or Ballantyne when they struggled in GFs, and they will be massively criticised

I am not knocking Poppy I like him, like I like Blair. His biggest asset as a footballer though has been right place right time. He is no better than Blairy just plays the same role in a better team.

Last edited:
Yep Poppy is great to watch , a little terrier. Bit like our Blair really.

He has stepped up his goalkicking in 2016 but still his career goals per game is 1.0 compared to Blairs 0.8. Think it should be a bit better considering he has only ever played in a top 4 team where the ball spends a lot of time up forward and delivery from the mids is best ever. Still like Blair his job isnt really to kick lots of goals its just when you do that role in a successful team you get less criticised by fans.

Poppy also struggles a lot when it comes to finals footy if you just go on stats. He has kicked one goal in a Grand Final but thats not really a big deal seeing he has played in the last 4 and 3 of them on the winning team. Be part of a winning team if you want to avoid criticism. Year he got a goal was 2014 when the Hawks kicked 21.

In the last 3 successful Hawthorn finals series where Poppy has played 10 games he has managed 3 goals. A neat stat when you consider 1 goal in three successful GFs and 1 goal in each of 3 successful finals series.

Give Blairy those sort of figures when we are doing badly, or Milne or Ballantyne when they struggled in GFs, and they will be massively criticised

I am not knocking Poppy I like him, like I like Blair. His biggest asset as a footballer though has been right place right time. He is no better than Blairy just plays the same role in a better team.
Poppy's considerably quicker than Blair and more powerful, he is an aerial threat, he is smarter, kicks the ball better and longer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back