Toast Blake Acres - Rising Star Nomination

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a very strange award when a guy that is in his third year is in the same category as someone in their first just because he wasn't able to get a game in his first two years. Not trying to put a downer on it it's just something I've alway found strange.

Great news for the kid though as I think it will only help his confidence. Also great news for me as I had money on him to win it at pretty good odds...

Onya Blake!

What would it take from here do you reckon? 25 disposals, 13 contested, 4 clearances, 5 tackles and two goals a game from here should seal it. Weitering may be in for a stint on the sideline. Mills playing a role that isn't too glamorous. Oliver hasn't cemented his spot at the moment. PTrack needs to find another gear.

It would be a wonderful sidebar for the club.

Saint Blake Acres says he was dropped after Rd 1 for inconsistency and Rd 4 for lacking hardness.

He's the Rd 6 Rising Star. Fair response.
Great response, shows the kids got a bit of heart and doesn't sook it up

SAINTS.COM.AU said:
St Kilda midfielder Blake Acres has been rewarded for his breakout performance against Melbourne on Saturday with the Round 6 NAB Rising Star nomination.

http://www.saints.com.au/news/2016-05-02/acres-breakout-game-earns-rising-star-nod

434494.jpg

By the way, how's our 2013 draft haul looking now;

Jack Billings
Luke Dunstan
Blake Acres
Josh Bruce
Billy Longer
Mav Weller
Shane Savage
Eli Templeton
Tom Curren
Jason Holmes