Bluemour Discussion Thread XII - Facts Not Welcome (cont in pt 13)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thats not absolute. I think SPS could become the best player on our team. May always be underrated but he's got that Simon Black, Pendlebury movement in traffic which is just sublime. His vision is incredible, he's generally very very clean, can tackle and his disposal is brilliant.

Point is, why the **** do you want to put a ceiling on any of our young guys?
You do realise the aforementioned ceiling is not real, right?

The Trade Lowdown on Fox footy saying we may have to give up pick 1 to GWS for Shiel and get pick 13 back, which we use for MM. If they throw in Setterfield for a second rounder and their 3rd rounder coming back to us I’m in!
IN
Shiel, Setterfield, mcgovern and pick 44

OUT
Picks 1 & 25

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Leaving aside his physical age, he's adolescent as a presenter; it's clear in his shallow snipes that he lacks depth in his understanding of the topics he presents. He's just a headliner, relies on others to fill in the body of his work.

I remember a comment from Matt Thompson when he was covering the Beijing Olympics for SEN, he said something like, "the Chinese food over here is more........ I dunno......Chinesey than ours"

Classic

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Because my impression is that he seems to consistently achieve great results (both financially and in relation to contract conditions) for his clients while remaining on very good terms with clubs. Also, my impression is that, often, when he is involved in trades multiple clubs seem to be prepared to fight so hard for a player up for trade. I get the feeling he is highly skilled at getting clubs to square-off against each other.

Perhaps "incredibly shrewd" was a better term? My comment was said in a light-hearted spirit, btw.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back