Bluemour Melting Pot XIX - Give Me Ed Baby - Return of the Prodigal Son

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully we see Gibbons more through the middle next season.
If Papley joins, he’ll be in the midfield rotations as well.
Should have a solid 30 to choose from as AFL quality selections.
Mid rotations will be pretty interesting if we land our targets.

You'd think besides the 7 KPPs/rucks we will play:

Papley/Martin/Cunners forward
Doch/Newman/Plowman back

So up to 9 spots between: Cripps Murph Walsh Curnow SPS Setterfield Gibbons Dow Lang Fisher ... not to mention Kennedy JSOS Stocker!!!

Butler is a decent pick up only for the position we are in. He is nothing special, if we can get 25-30 goals and some above average pressure out of him we’ve done very well.

Papley is the one. Him and Cuners together gets me some kind of way. Perfect mixture of class and grunt.

Brave man ....mixing Cuners and grunt in the same sentence.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I seriously wouldn’t care if SOS traded away every pick this year and we got Papley, Martin, Butler and one other mid. Then we just need Charlie, Marchbank, Doc & Kreuzer to get through next season and who knows what could happen
I can certainly live with that if it falls that way and we keep next years first and second rounders for drafting itself.

Hopefully we see Gibbons more through the middle next season.
If Papley joins, he’ll be in the midfield rotations as well.
Should have a solid 30 to choose from as AFL quality selections.
True. Gibbo more time in midfield than his hair cuts would be ideal.
Papley can pinch hit for one or two centre bounces a game. There is a bit of Zorko in Papley's playing style so the odd moment in midfield would not be crazy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Changed my mind on Connor Blakey. Reading the Freo board, he is not the type of bloke we want at our footy club.

Would fit like a glove next to Stringer at * though, that's for sure.
I recall him getting suspended by Freo for going surfing instead of being at the Club.

Hmm. Obviously that was a lie. Amazing how they managed to keep this scandal out of the public eye until now.

Yep, let us know if you can on your readings. Interested in said default/s but cannot venture into their fold.

Blakey played regularly pretty good football when back from injury. Would have been an underager when Cripps/Martin were coming through U/18’s.

True. Gibbo more time in midfield than his hair cuts would be ideal.
Papley can pinch hit for one or two centre bounces a game. There is a bit of Zorko in Papley's playing style so the odd moment in midfield would not be crazy.

Papley was transitioning into more midfield minutes this year up in Sydney. You’d think that progression would continue no matter where he ends up playing next season.
1-2 a game could be more like per quarter. I’ve said it before but after missing out on Coniglio, Papley could be a replacement target as a midfielder vs a designated forward, especially if other small forwards are attainable.

Not sure, can’t see why TDK can’t start pushing for regular senior games. Others have certainly started cementing themselves in the 1’s as a ruck option in season#3. Confidence builder to feel they belong and can mix it (though minus some core strength).
Big pre-season won’t hurt, and then another for a prime run at it.
Providing he has a good preseason i think we'll see TDK play some time throughout the year, real shame he got injured last season with the knee but i can see him going to another level and leapfrogging Phillips certainly by the end of the year... Kid has massive talent...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back