Bluemour Melting Pot XIX - Give Me Ed Baby - Return of the Prodigal Son

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
All quiet on the itk posters....probably completely wrong, but may well be that there are dealings that are possibly more advanced requiring non disclosure at this point.

And more than likely there would be players that haven't even been in the conversation, but can't be discussed publicly.

...although I do love a good conspiracy theory....Paul McCartney was replaced by Billy Shears!!!

That's because this time he wrote an essay. not his usual 1- 3 word post.
not sure what posters are trying to achieve with these often cryptic truncated contributions.......

I think he means SOS has scuppered the deal.

Yeah I said scuppered...come at me.
always thought it meant punching a hole in a boat to sink it and although it does have maritime links in that scuppers are drains in the sides of boats to allow water to clear off the decks, it really doesn't mean to sink in the way I previously believed - as a verb it does mean to * ones chances as in "adelaide as a competitive club were scuppered for a decade by the recruitment of justin reid as list manager"..........

always thought it meant punching a hole in a boat to sink it and although it does have maritime links in that scuppers are drains in the sides of boats to allow water to clear off the decks, it really doesn't mean to sink in the way I previously believed - as a verb it does mean to fu** ones chances as in "adelaide as a competitive club were scuppered for a decade by the recruitment of justin reid as list manager"..........
Yeah...sure...all of that.

Still think Ricciuto is the primary scupperer in that example...although young Reid is proving skilled at the art of scupperage too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hope today is the last day on betts and brackets as it takes so Long reading the same trivial things page after page ... 🙏🏻..
Good post.
Would have put brackets around the praying hands though. It would look bettser. ;)

Back to Harker's post...spare a thought for the people who don't have as much spare time as yourselves to skip past pages and pages of off topic nonsense.

I'm sure I speak for a lot of viewers (lurkers, members who don't post often, or even heavy posters), when I come to a thread, it's because I want to read up on that specific topic.

Understand there's a lot of comradery here and it very easily becomes meaningless banter/fun posts, but threads have a thread title for a reason.

The other 'Known' is the Membership/Drawcard factor Betts has.
Add to this the sentimentalist relief I will feel if he finally takes the field again in the navy Blue and all will be Zen Again...

Needs 21 goals in order to kick more goals for Carlton than he did for Adelaide. Also we want to erase the perception that he will be thought of more as an Adelaide player than a Carlton player. Reaching 200 games for us and choosing to return home does that.

Back to Harker's post...spare a thought for the people who don't have as much spare time as yourselves to skip past pages and pages of off topic nonsense.

I'm sure I speak for a lot of viewers (lurkers, members who don't post often, or even heavy posters), when I come to a thread, it's because I want to read up on that specific topic.

Understand there's a lot of comradery here and it very easily becomes meaningless banter/fun posts, but threads have a thread title for a reason.
Yeah, nah.

The no discussion thread exists for the time poor. If people want to joke/banter etc, the gossip threads are a good place for it.

There's barely been a reliable ITK all week and no journos are saying anything either, what do you want discussed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back