Bluemour Melting Pot XXI - Like seriously, the polar ice caps have got nothing on us

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forgive me for being less than confident unless we see Martin in navy blue after the psd. No high fives just yet.

Please don’t tell me it was the plan all along. If it is I dare say not too many will nominate us knowing we put them and their futures at risk if we smell a less than favourable deal.

Don't worry they say, it’ll get done, well I’ve heard that one before.

Listen to his managers comments......

Dover on SEN:

The Demons hold pick No.3 in the 2019 National Draft but Dover says the 24-year-old has his heart set on a move to the Blues.
“They (Melbourne) may have already given me a call and they got a response to say that we’re completely focused on Jack playing at Carlton,” Dover told SEN’s Bob and Andy.

“The main one obviously is the draft period and then the pre-season draft.
“We’ll put a bit of work into that amongst our group at TLA in conjunction with Jack and Carlton and figure out what option is best for us.”

Source: https://www.sen.com.au/news/2019/10/17/martin-still-wants-blues-move-despite-demons-interest/

I can see Casboult getting the permanent gig inside 50 with some solid players around him finally he then won’t get double teamed. Could see him with 40-50 goals in him in 2020.

With McKay, Charlie and McGovern there as well?

No way.

In saying that, if all players are fit, which of course is unlikely, but if all talls are fit, it is hard to see where he slots in.

Seems weird to say it given he finished top 5 in the BNF but if they're all fit he is probably the odd man out given he is the most likely still to make major blunders.

No way.

In saying that, if all players are fit, which of course is unlikely, but if all talls are fit, it is hard to see where he slots in.

Seems weird to say it given he finished top 5 in the BNF but if they're all fit he is probably the odd man out given he is the most likely still to make major blunders.

Think you're spot on there - but given there are 6 blokes he could realistically be next in line to cover, and half of them are somewhat injury-prone, he could end up with another blessed run of 20 games where he bounces between a couple of roles.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No way.

I’d say he plays all 22 rounds (plus finals) because he can play for any position. Helps Kruezer recovery. Helps McKay stay inside 50. Covers Weitering and jones in defence when injury looms. It’s a lock for a position on the bench imo.

He also gets another year under AR and without any injuries he will be flying by March.

Who was it on here that kept saying the PSD is dead. I might chuck in some kind of “I told you so” moments in the coming days/weeks. Was it you Zeggie?

Don't bother.

Zeggie will tell you it didn't exist, doesn't exist, but will suddenly come into existence when the AFL schedule it, and that's the point.

Load of tripe, the PSD clearly still exists as an option for players who choose to exercise it, which is all that matters.

Don't bother.

Zeggie will tell you it didn't exist, doesn't exist, but will suddenly come into existence when the AFL schedule it, and that's the point.

Load of tripe, the PSD clearly still exists as an option for players who choose to exercise it, which is all that matters.
I'm pretty sure it doesn't exist unless a player nominates for PSD. So technically zeg is right.

"It’s reported that Carlton turned down Gold Coast’s offer of Jack Martin and pick No.15 in exchange for pick No.9. "

It's only been 2 days and I'm already sick to death of seeing this mis-reported in the media.

GC List Manager clearly stated that the deal also included our future 2nd going back to GC. Get it right you media muppets.

What's worse is I can't help feeling like the error is deliberate to make us look bad.

I'm pretty sure it doesn't exist unless a player nominates for PSD. So technically zeg is right.

Exists as an option - hasn't been canned or scrapped by the AFL - the discussion at the time was that it no longer existed for players to utilise because the AFL got rid of it. That's very different to it not taking place if a player doesn't nominate for it.

Take away his troubled past, would you rookie him based on the talent he has? If the medical team gave him the all clear body wise?

Still no. Severe lack of professionalism and work ethic. He has skated by on natural talent alone. He has never had the ticker for the hard work required. The off field stuff just confirms my assessment of him. just my opinion though.

Still no. Severe lack of professionalism and work ethic. He has skated by on natural talent alone. He has never had the ticker for the hard work required. The off field stuff just confirms my assessment of him. just my opinion though.
Bennell as a free hit...

That’s terrible, even for me.

I’ll leave.

0D52F04B-6647-477F-9407-5A0B0D5A4690.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back