Bluemour Melting Pot XXVI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As per the Bluemour File OP, this is a thread for discussing Carlton related rumours.
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/bluemour-file.1085141/

Rumour posters should post their rumours in both threads for those that like just to read rumours and for those that like to have get lost in their rumour files.

Remember ... #Bluemour

Continued from here ...

Continued here:

Last edited by a moderator:
What about 9 for Ian Hill and 20 (Corr Compensation).

20 for Saad

So 9 for Saad and Bobby Hill

Corr compensation is Pick 30 as it stands so that'll be a No.

No. I don't agree. Dunstan goes alright. Big bodied mid. Gives Dow and Stocker another year. This year wasn't friendly to our younger kids trying to break into the team.

If it's Dunstan and he costs very little, I think it's a good move.

Anderson OOC and offers a lot more.

Jed Anderson is just young Ed Curnow.

He adds fu** all and do not want.

You make that out to be a bad thing.
We may find out sooner than later just how important ECurnow is to the whole.

We all know clubs have to pay overs to get to the pointy end

...or sooner the bird in the hand than for two in the bush.

Brisbane don't need more young players, but may like the one right young player.
If someone they like may be there at #8 you do the deal..... and you can't though expect it all to happen for you on the night of the draft.

I could have swore I read an article stating that about 2 weeks ago, when it was talked about Essendon quite possible matching Brisbane’s Daniher bid. I’m thinking I’m wrong or misunderstood based on the general consensus though. I’ll see if I can find it

I have a sneaky feeling Eddie might retire if we get a small forward in
I thought we were keeping him on the list because of the soft cap reduction and that his role next year will be more based around coaching/mentoring

On SM-G986B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I have a sneaky feeling Eddie might retire if we get a small forward in

Maybe we'll draw up a contract and rip it up in front of his face....again.
Who was running the show to allow something like that to come about?

Betts is on a charge. He's not going anywhere until he procures Rankine for us.

The only reason I could see for the Dunstan link is due to the shift to a standalone reserves side.

Not sure how that comp will work with numbers, but presumably all the "good VFL" mids we had at NB will no longer be affiliated with us, and we may need another couple of mature bodies on the senior list to form the core of that side.

Anyone know if there's gonna be some kind of supplementary reserves list?

Maybe we'll draw up a contract and rip it up in front of his face....again.
Who was running the show to allow something like that to come about?

Betts is on a charge. He's not going anywhere until he procures Rankine for us.

I reckon that he already has Rankine keen on coming next year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think i read that Kennedy has been offered a 1 year contract so won't be delisted
With Kennedy, It's a wait and see on list sizes and TPP. Players love him, the club loves him and they were happy with him as support in the mid this year.

My guess is that they must be concerned about his body and speed.

IMO he is answer to the big body mid we need, yes he is slow, but he does everything else really well. Think about, he had 23 disposals playing in the midfield in his last, game against Brisbane, and only had 68% time on ground and it was shorter quarters. I think only Cripps had less TOG.

We are about to see the best of him, hope he hangs on.

I thought we were keeping him on the list because of the soft cap reduction and that his role next year will be more based around coaching/mentoring

On SM-G986B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Betts' kicks 40 odd next year if he plays most of the games. And if we get the MCG up and running ie a normal season.

Much better midfield, quicker, better ball movement I50 - Charlie and Harry as key targets....Martin doing what Martin does very well and frequently (all the freaky stuff), what's not to like as a small forward?

Just need to teach the mids on Ed's head when he's in a 1 on 1contest!

I also hope we give a guy like Owies a real crack. Hard worker, super quick, and a fast learner (not to mention an elite athlete).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Luke Dunstan is a hack. Can't believe people are considering him.

Betts' kicks 40 odd next year if he plays most of the games. And if we get the MCG up and running ie a normal season.

Much better midfield, quicker, better ball movement I50 - Charlie and Harry as key targets....Martin doing what Martin does very well and frequently (all the freaky stuff), what's not to like as a small forward?

Just need to teach the mids on Ed's head when he's in a 1 on 1contest!

I also hope we give a guy like Owies a real crack. Hard worker, super quick, and a fast learner (not to mention an elite athlete).

I can't see Betts kicking 40 goals in a normal season. Eddie is well and truly past that sort of output and the signs of his decline were evident before he came back

It really is time to move on and I suspect we will have a viable option before the end of trade/draft period

With Kennedy, It's a wait and see on list sizes and TPP. Players love him, the club loves him and they were happy with him as support in the mid this year.

My guess is that they must be concerned about his body and speed.

IMO he is answer to the big body mid we need, yes he is slow, but he does everything else really well. Think about, he had 23 disposals playing in the midfield in his last, game against Brisbane, and only had 68% time on ground and it was shorter quarters. I think only Cripps had less TOG.

We are about to see the best of him, hope he hangs on.

The 'slow' call irks me - with most players at this level.

If his anticipation times are a fraction of a second better than others, more than compensates for flat line 20m 'time trial' speed.

Way more important is to be able to find/win the pill and use it intelligently, for the betterment of your team mates.

Reckon Matt has shown more than enough to suggest he can do that.

Re Menegola, Anderson, Dunstan or the like, IF we consider we have any chance of landing Oliver or Kelly or another legitimate A grader at the end of next year (2021), why take one of these - they aren't A graders nor will they offer much more than our existing crop....and the former will pretty much kill any chance of affording that elusive A grader.

As others have said, Dow, Kemp, Stocker, even Matt Kennedy/JSOS all need game time and will only get better.

That said, we encourage Dees to chase Treloar (and offer up LOB for example) and we get Oliver.

Don't think Dees need a Kennedy/JSOS type (the Pies might arguably) but a LOB? Yes, though they might well target Tom Phillips.

Still think Levi might be dangled around to help get a deal done or useful picks attained....if he can get 2 years at the Pies or Dogs or....better for him as he won't get much 1s time if our KPPs are all up and about.

Last edited:
I can't see Betts kicking 40 goals in a normal season. Eddie is well and truly past that sort of output and the signs of his decline were evident before he came back

It really is time to move on and I suspect we will have a viable option before the end of trade/draft period

The only stat that supports your position is his 2020 output and that needs to have a major asterisk next to it (playing on small grounds, often wet and windy with abysmal delivery into F50).

If you took out the names and ages, who had the better numbers this season?

Luke Dunstan is a hack. Can't believe people are considering him.
Agree he is not a need. Kennedy is his equal if not better as he offer more in the forward line and already on our list. Not to mention we don't need another slow mid next to cripps, ed and setters. Need another player who can win ball on the inside and spread from the contest. Someone like a Dow with confidence and a bit of mongrel

With Saad, I would split picks with Lions

8, 50 for 18, 19, 42

Could actually work for us because it sounds like we're only taking two live picks to the draft, and one will be (the supposedly more talented) Coleman brother. Right now unless we trade/delist a contracted player (or don't re-sign Lester), we've only got the room for one more live pick (with the new rumoured list sizes).

Jarrod Cameron is one I’m keen on, hoping Austin is being professional and keeping 1 or 2 targets quiet

Williams will help our entries no end, need 1 or 2 others to step up in this regard as well

Saad will help long and quick entries, not more delicate ones though. Be great if we got one more B grade mid with skills...
Someone with the talents of a Cameron or Bobby Hill would be such a great get,another missing piece of the puzzle...

Cost would be more also in wage and picks

Probably a good reason for that.

As long as we have ECurnow playing, someone like Dunstan has no place in our main team.
He's not going to get in front on Cripps, Setterfield, Walsh, ECurnow nor Williams now, even if we're going to hold back the likes of Dow, Kemp, Stocker etc.
What then, as there's nowhere else for him to go?

Anderson makes sense though, if we wanted to go down that path.
Adds aggression and pressure whereas Dunstan doesn't...at least not to that level and doesn't have flexibility.

After all the excitement of a possible Oliver joining us and when the dust settles and if we do acquire another player , it will just make sense the way Williams made sense and the way Saad will make sense. We're just no going to be digging fr depth players....that doesn't make sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back