Bluemour Melting Pot XXVI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As per the Bluemour File OP, this is a thread for discussing Carlton related rumours.
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/bluemour-file.1085141/

Rumour posters should post their rumours in both threads for those that like just to read rumours and for those that like to have get lost in their rumour files.

Remember ... #Bluemour

Continued from here ...

Continued here:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well said.

Many posters on here only looking at winning trades, not the bigger picture.

Need to take the emotion of trading with * out of it.
With all due respect, we will be the laughing stock if we use pick 8 on a HBF’er that dazzles a bit with his run and can butcher it by foot, whom only touches the thing 19 times a game.
Picks in the top 10 are for elite trades and elite kids, Saad, I like him, but he’s not elite, nor an A-grader.

What about next years first and this years third for Saad and ~28 if * get that for Fantasia. Leaves us with some trade currency for this year, plus we back ourselves to improve our ladder position next year.

Let me give you the tip.....If we somehow miss Saad, and he ends up in the draft or stuck at Essendon after he has publicly come out, backed us, and said I want Carlton, then good luck getting anyone to nominate us going forward.

2 years in a row of humiliating players

Sorry, but who did we humiliate last year?

Paddy Mccartin has a lot of talent former pick 1, is a risk with his concussions but we get him for (nothing). Could be boom or bust worth a crack

Thought he was going to Sydney? Our midfield needs to be our major focus over the next couple of seasons.

Pick 8 with a pick somewhere in the mid to late 20's coming back somehow is perfect to me.

This draft is peachy perfect for talented recruiters to prove themselves by uncovering talented kids with mediocre picks given the lack of exposure.

Have a little faith people.

This year, more than any other before it is the year to accept the knowns when they present and Saad is a known.

Let's say we somehow keep pick 8...name the gun kid in this year's draft that will be better for us next season and contribute more than Saad will??

As if the Scum will draft well anyway. Stop giving them credit they don't deserve.

Seems to be a bit of misunderstanding of my previous comment.

The club had no intention of getting ‘bent over’. The conversations surround what is a break even point from our perspective that we are happy with the levels we’ve paid. Obviously there is a massive discrepancy on here as to what Saads worth is.

Most people internally rate him as a mid-late first rounder. Our pick 8 will be minimum pick 10, potentially 11 come draft night. If we split with Brisbane, pick 17 will be mid 20s. No matter what we think here, this will not get the deal done.
So it comes down to at what point are you jeopardizing the improvement of the team, to win the trade.

If we pay 8 and third rounder for Saad and a 2nd, that is good value, as the second is a pick we can use in trade or draft.
If we don’t want to pay more than 8 and get Saad and a 3rd. Are we likely to use the 3rd round pick or will we be able to trade it for good return? With list sizes likely dropping by 2 and an incredibly compromised draft, probably not.

We can threaten the PSD or ND all we want, but realistically, trading in such poor faith hurts our brand more than many imagine. The worst part of this is the weeks and weeks of subconsciously devaluing Saad by many of our supporter base who are transfixed on winning a trade battle with Dodo rather than improving our side.

As I said at the start, the clubs not just going to get bent over for the sake of it, but we will not be walking away from the trade.

"trading in such poor faith hurts our brand more than many imagine" This is the only line I don't agree with in that post, we have Essendon with a reputation for being hard to deal with and Saad happy to go to the PSD given the way Essendon bad mouthed him on the way out - can't see hoe we would be the ones with a bad rep as long as we offer something close to market value to begin with.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The part that annoys me is that the list management team knows full well how much of a pain * are to deal with yet they continue to chase their players and put themselves in a position where they need to overpay to save their image. As if the Papley mess wasn’t enough, they go back to the same well a second year running.

Saad made the mistake of choosing to go to that jail in the first place. Not sure why we have to do everything to bail him out especially when we just got Williams and have Newman/Willo /Doc as other HBF options. Would prefer Oliver if we need to overpay to get someone in.

TBF, the longer it goes on the less Im even interested in acquiring Oliver, pretty much the same with Papley last year, the longer it went on the less I was interested. Im gald we didnt get him now TBH.

For the same reason the Martin deal fell over last year. Many on here put far to much thought into the points structure. There is no benefit for the dogs to gain a future second and lose points this year. A separate deal could be struck with the dogs for pick 14, but would rely on us giving two second rounders this year, so they are up on points.
Unless you have the academy/father sons to take, the point system is irrelevant.
But the dogs do- for UH. And someone will pay points overs for their pick 14. So it is VERY reasonable in this forum to discuss whether we would do that.

[
On Trade Radio SOS basically said that Essendon have 2 picks before Carlton in the ND and would use one of them to re-draft Saad so we might as well cut to the chase and hand over pick 8. Oh dear SOS, really?
Did he say * would use or could use one of the picks. Maybe he was just throwing it up a hypothetical?

Surely SOS isn’t Dodo’s puppet.

2c

A lot of posters are undervaluing Saad here. 26yo Top 4 B&F 3 years in a row at a team in and around the 8. I think this is happening because posters here are used to bashing everything * plus they want to "beat" Dodoro in a trade. And not just beat, but thrash him lol.

The way i look at it as a Carlton man and an * laugher at'erer, is we have stuck a shiv in them by pinching one of their Top 3 players in the age range they have recruited for years to compete with. Losing Daniher, Saad and Fantasia leaves the list they have traded around for years in a complete mess. They are forked, and we've now had a small hand in it :thumbsu:. 6,000 is now a near certainty to become at least 7,500 days.

So far we've heard from 4 actual list managers and how they rate Saad.

Dodoro - a bit higher than Pick 8.
Austin - a bit lower than Pick 8.
Silvagni - Pick 8.
Rendell - Pick 8.

We have Pick 8 so that is what is being worked around obviously. It was never going to be easy to trade that for 2 other 1sts. People took that for granted way too easily. We could still move it, but it would be a bonus if we could.

The narrative here that 8 in this draft is way overs for Saad has always had hairs on it imo. 26yo professional gun with the qualities we require.

I have always been, and remain, unflustered by what we pay for him. It will, and always will be between professionals, an inch or so either side of the line of "FAIR" as judged by the industry.

2021 - Finals bound. It's different for us fans, but we'll get our heads around it. ;)

Great post

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

On Trade Radio SOS basically said that Essendon have 2 picks before Carlton in the ND and would use one of them to re-draft Saad so we might as well cut to the chase and hand over pick 8. Oh dear SOS, really?

That's not what I heard - he said * have higher picks so could trump any deal we try to make with Geelong (or any other club) to split picks, effectively forcing us to keep 8 for use in the Saad deal.

Unless he also said what you've quoted in a later segment? I haven't heard the whole afternoon's worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back