Bluemour Melting Pot XXVI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As per the Bluemour File OP, this is a thread for discussing Carlton related rumours.
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/bluemour-file.1085141/

Rumour posters should post their rumours in both threads for those that like just to read rumours and for those that like to have get lost in their rumour files.

Remember ... #Bluemour

Continued from here ...

Continued here:

Last edited by a moderator:

IMO the pick swap won't happen, but the threat of it will be enough to get a second and saad for 8. Looks to me like Austin is putting the pressure on to get better "change" back for 8
But why do that?
It's trade 8 for Saad and a second (at best 28), or trade 8 for Saad and a first (at worst 19).

If we a targeting someone else that second might not cut the mustard. And if we use it for the draft, we may not get a player we want. No point trading 8 to Essendon unless they somehow get a first and send it back to us with Saad.

Going by trade logic - contracted for 2 years - minimum 1 top 10 pick for a Dunkley would be the start of negotiations. * will need to pay through the nose to get this done.
Hense Why I said they's split one and cough up
Good clubman was Nick G. Always have a soft spot for him, pity he probably was not quite quick or polished enough for today's game, I am sure he would have played a lot more games in the 80s and 90s
Surely you jest. Nick had footskills at least. Todays players just need to have a huge tank and run up and down the ground all day like a Basketball match. Genuine skills are a rare commodity these days, when you can have 40+ and not really do much with them except put someone else under pressure..

I definitely hope we're looking at Jaidyn, would love to add him to our list.

Only proviso for me would be that we favour a more traditional spelling, and the surname is Hunt.

Ive got a friend at BD&M, can have the forms to change his name by deed poll send directly to the club if you like.

They can say what they want to say and just as easily.....the media can sell us a story they want to.
So much information.......even more misinformation.

Unless Brisbane have something better going, that would make for a good deal for them.
Reckon they'd be thrilled.
Agree Harks...good business by Brisbane...swoop on a good pick, reckon they'll make good of it too

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"The trade value for Jye Caldwell is creating division between GWS and Essendon.

Pick 13 less than two years ago, the Giants believe two seasons of development should equate to a top 10 selection in return for Caldwell.
But Essendon has offered a future second rounder, which has not impressed GWS.
The Bombers say Caldwell would come to them via the pre-season draft
, while the Giants say he would return and sign a new deal under Leon Cameron.

* you Dodo, 180 degrees is your mantra you flog.

I can’t understand Essendon’s logic.

They’re offering a future second round pick for Jye Caldwell, who GWS have put years of development into. They’re saying take it or leave it.

But they’re sitting there saying they want Pick 8 for Saad. No thanks. Lose the chance of picking him up and let him walk for free to North or someone in the PSD. If we give them pick 8 for Saad I’d be pissed.
Wouldn't North pick up Caldwell instead?

afl.com.au running out of things to discuss...
View attachment 1004775
What about Justin Murphy? How good was he in the 99 finals he played in??!

"The trade value for Jye Caldwell is creating division between GWS and Essendon.

Pick 13 less than two years ago, the Giants believe two seasons of development should equate to a top 10 selection in return for Caldwell.
But Essendon has offered a future second rounder, which has not impressed GWS.
The Bombers say Caldwell would come to them via the pre-season draft
, while the Giants say he would return and sign a new deal under Leon Cameron.

fu** you Dodo, 180 degrees is your mantra you flog.

Would be great if he went to PSD. If I'm North I'd rather take Caldwell than Saad.

Agree Harks...good business by Brisbane...swoop on a good pick, reckon they'll make good of it too

You'd think so. Brisbane have taken Daniher and probably don't really need a lot more.

We don't know what Brisbane are thinking but pick #8 would likely give them something they'd be comfortable with at the draft and two picks in the 20's that would be more hit and miss. I know which I'd take.

Yep and it’s exactly what I said yesterday, crank up the pressure on the Bumbers and DoDo we have all the time in the world and lots of options to split 8, just doesn’t make sense to offer 8 for Saad and 48 especially this early in the game, make them sweat and have kittens while we move forward with other things, we have nothing to lose as Saad is OOC and can walk to the psd. This is exactly what they would do in the reverse situation.
Just takes time for these options too present themselves, really glad to hear this is hopefully the direction we’re heading down, time for us will be hugely beneficial in getting in the right and fair trade value instead of being reemed and overpaying too that fool... We have held the cards all along, splitting the pick or pick swaps enables us more options, the bloke is just impossible to deal with on a common sense level...

Gee the * supporters (some public) on Twitter are deluded and very good at spinning it. Call them out for hypocrisy over the Caldwell/Saad double-standards and all they have is something something Jack Martin. They've drunk Dodo's Kool Aid for so long they think everyone else is the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back