Bluemour Melting Pot XXVII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Means he borrowed the $8 from Dodo.

I find that hard to believe.
Dodoro doesn't strike me as the type who'd carry as much as $8.00 on him.

Fogarty is not a "spud". Would have loved him in the draft.
Quality young player, but has had repeat soft tissue issues at a young age.
The other go slow is that we need a genuine small forward x-factor type. While small, probably Fogarty's biggest asset is his manic tackling and game
sense. He would be replacing Gibbons if finding a spot, more pressure than scoreboard. More midfielder than forward.

He reminds me a little of Zac Fisher in the way he moves.

It wasn’t all that long ago that we had a poor list and were paying 100% of the cap.
It was reported that Malthouse wanted to cut about 10 players etc when he started with us and the list manager said In effect that all our players are contracted and we are paying them too much.

Collingwood and GWS are the 2 clubs who have reportedly back-ended contracts to get / keep stars.

Collingwood to keep Grundy and get Beams. The point is that if Treloar is ‘overpaid’ in 2021, it was because he took less in 2019 etc so that Collingwood could pay more to others.

GWS to keep Cameron, Coniglio and Kelly. Toby Greene was the one reported to restructure his contract not long after he renewed it.

So one can see the merit in front-ending contracts where there is available salary cap space, as reported for Jack Martin.

So we can say all we like about SOS, but it appears he was very disciplined with player contract management.

Can foresee the AFL stepping in next year to prevent a repeat of Caldwell being reportedly offered $450k when he’s played 11 games in 2 years, and while he’s a high draft pick it is all potential and no substance ... I guess it’s similar to Tom Boyd ... both are a bad look.

Just hope we make wise choices when it is time to renew Cripps, Charlie, Weiters, Walsh, etc. and bringing in the stars as we build on being a destination club. The history is you cannot keep everyone but you can try to keep everyone you want. But in doing so, you have to be both very aware of how good the list actually is and be prepared to let go if the cap is just too tight.

We might not be doing media but we are backgrounding a couple of trusted avenues. On face value it’s not having the same impact in the court of AFL opinion.

FWIW Jake Niall seems to have “broken” a lot of Carlton stories in the last 12 months.

I think there is some trust in that relationship.

It wasn’t all that long ago that we had a poor list and were paying 100% of the cap.
It was reported that Malthouse wanted to cut about 10 players etc when he started with us and the list manager said In effect that all our players are contracted and we are paying them too much.

Collingwood and GWS are the 2 clubs who have reportedly back-ended contracts to get / keep stars.

Collingwood to keep Grundy and get Beams. The point is that if Treloar is ‘overpaid’ in 2021, it was because he took less in 2019 etc so that Collingwood could pay more to others.

GWS to keep Cameron, Coniglio and Kelly. Toby Greene was the one reported to restructure his contract not long after he renewed it.

So one can see the merit in front-ending contracts where there is available salary cap space, as reported for Jack Martin.

So we can say all we like about SOS, but it appears he was very disciplined with player contract management.

Can foresee the AFL stepping in next year to prevent a repeat of Caldwell being reportedly offered $450k when he’s played 11 games in 2 years, and while he’s a high draft pick it is all potential and no substance ... I guess it’s similar to Tom Boyd ... both are a bad look.

Just hope we make wise choices when it is time to renew Cripps, Charlie, Weiters, Walsh, etc. and bringing in the stars as we build on being a destination club. The history is you cannot keep everyone but you can try to keep everyone you want. But in doing so, you have to be both very aware of how good the list actually is and be prepared to let go if the cap is just too tight.
Exactly! I'd prefer to give the $$$'s to extend Crippa and Harry's contract than risk it on taking on a Treloar's contract.

FWIW Jake Niall seems to have “broken” a lot of Carlton stories in the last 12 months.

I think there is some trust in that relationship.

Correct,
That’s why i was very happy to see it was he who broke the story of a possible pick split with Brisbane.
Funnily enough, virtually no mention of that development on TR etc ...

If it was me, I would try and do one of the following ( later pick swaps to be added)
8, 51 for Lions 19, future 1st and Payne Or

8, 51 for Cats 20, future 1st and De Koning

19 or 20 for Saad

Get the KPD we need

Go into next year with 2 1sts
Geez Arrow didn't think you would join the ranks of the delusional.
Effectively three first rounders for 8 and 51. I think not. De Koning will be of the same level as his big brother.

I would be ecstatic with a late first to satisfy * and the quality KPD we are going to need quite soon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Someone please articulate to me why we wouldn’t have a crack at Treloar contract aside.

Does he have behavioural issues?

We need a ready made mid who can break lines and run all day.He fits that mould.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

It seems Treloar is regarded as brittle - physically and mentally.

$900K per year for 5 years?

You’d want to be making a safe bet with that kind of money.

The other go slow is that we need a genuine small forward x-factor type. While small, probably Fogarty's biggest asset is his manic tackling and game
sense. He would be replacing Gibbons if finding a spot, more pressure than scoreboard. More midfielder than forward.
His stats are not great reading. Small forward, his played 23 games for 6 goals and is injury prone...
Could come good, but who of the modern era have been traded that have actually become good players Smedts, Lang?
Only one's I can think of is McCarthy (Bris) and Mumford (GWS)

There are plenty of small forwards that are better suited to us off the top of my head...
Haven't checked stats, probably going to get found out here :winkv1:
  • Cameron (WCE)
  • Stephenson (Pies) Only if dirt cheap
  • Sexton (GCS)
  • Atkins (Geel)
  • Zurhaar (North) would throw decent currency at him and get him fit to play in midfield
  • JDG (Pies) Still unsigned would throw decent currency at him and get him fit to play in midfield
  • Snelling (Ess)
  • Stengle (Adl)

Someone please articulate to me why we wouldn’t have a crack at Treloar contract aside.

Does he have behavioural issues?

We need a ready made mid who can break lines and run all day.He fits that mould.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Beyond the obvious stuff he isn’t very bright - he chose to go to Collingwood after dismissing Richmond and saying they had no chance of premierships

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Geez Arrow didn't think you would join the ranks of the delusional.
Effectively three first rounders for 8 and 51. I think not. De Koning will be of the same level as his big brother.

I would be ecstatic with a late first to satisfy * and the quality KPD we are going to need quite soon.

Easy Coona, have already stated it would be difficult but there is room to negotiate

GWS are looking for a early 1st rounder and a player like Parfitt or Esava + more, not small change by any means

So let me amend the offer

8, 30, future 2nd for 20, future 1st, DeKoning

Possible finishing positions, us 7th, Cats 4th, that would rate De Koning at pick 24

Don't think that's too far off the mark

Personally I much prefer the Lions option, as Payne is ready to go day dot

I'm fine with that

I'm worried that Ess take the pick from Port and try to give that to us.
Do not want.
Want the club to split the pick with any of Brisbane, Geelong, or Collingwood as of tomorrow and dictate terms for a fair trade.
They've had long enough.
What would worry you about getting a future first back??

Is this injury crocked rubbish still going on? He averages 19.2 games a season over his career. It was a 20.3 average taking away this season. He averages 5 more games per season than Patrick Cripps does. This injury crocked thing about Treloar is a pile of crap.

Look forward not back.

Treloar is nearly 29 years old and has started missing games with soft tissue (old man) injuries.

These generally get worse over time - and he is on $900K for 5 more years.

I definitely would not sign him without a significant contract renegotiation.

Big red warning lights flashing for me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back