Bluemour Melting Pot XXXII - Reaching fever pitch! šŸ”„ šŸ”„ šŸ”„

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Its really suprising the media get to leak great news like this before the actual club does. I wonder why this happens,who's leaking the info?

There's a major difference between positive leaks and the other side of the coin.

Well run clubs selectively leak information for their betterment and control the media in a way that's mutually beneficial. There's no downside to this leak, regardless of how it came out, because Carlton gets to be in the news for the positive for an extra day and all our sponsors and partners will rate that.

What we have had is people leaking information for their own selfish, agenda driven reasons. You will never stop everything because people love to talk, but you need to have a pretty tight ship. Perhaps we will finally see some good governance of this footy club and we could look back on the day Sayers was appointed as the first step in that direction.

It's the most positive I've felt about the running of the club for some time (ever?) with Cook on board, perhaps since Dick Pratt gave me so much hope as a teenager before I knew anything. I posted a few days ago and now I can do it with confidence knowing he's on board, I'm confident Cook can sort out the wheat from the chaff and set our clubs priorities where they should be to become a better football team and club.

Email received!

1631874564644.jpeg

ā€œThe Carlton Football Club has secured arguably the countryā€™s most highly-regarded sports administrator to IKON Park, with Brian Cook today appointed the Clubā€™s new Chief Executive Officer.

Cook arrives at the Club with an extensive resume spanning more than 30 years, built off instilling a standard of high performance on and off the field while maintaining a people-first focus.ā€

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My god this place is so much more pleasant now! Lots of love and happiness. I love it. This is a truly monumental appointment.

For some reason I don't think Cook will have free membership schemes high on his agenda either..... Can't wait to see the best in action.
Why donā€™t you just STFU. only gagging. Please keep it down to a dull roar you peasants. Iā€™ve cracked out the top shelf dip for my weekly bath. Itā€™s called Sheep-de-dip-eau-de-dunny.

I'm as excited at the news that's it involves a handover. Let's get the "running a footy club" right for generations. This is where we need to head as a club and the fact he has signed, would attract more candidates not just for coaching, but football dep. Who wouldn't want to take the job of playing Cook's understudy, learning from the best, only to take over after 3 years?

On SM-G988B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yep agree, that is huge from the club, thinking long term. Learn from the best and sorted for years to come. Wrote something similar in the media thread just not as well as your post.

Does this mean that perhaps Chris Scott may be approached?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back