Bluemour Melting Pot XXXII - Reaching fever pitch! 🔥 🔥 🔥

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I knew a lot of the Lions players - the older ones and newer ones around that time, so no it wasn't homesickness. The people that "bang on" are correct. Strange how there has hardly been any homesickness before or after Voss. But obviously you know better because you can name 2 1/2 players who didn't fit the bill.

Four of the supposed go home 5 struggled to get picked in the best 22, Yeo being the only exception, but of course that would never be a reason to leave a club, could easily be an excuse not to like the coach though. Blaming the coach though, is a better story,

No homesickness before or after Voss, how would I know the specific reasons players leave clubs, not many players left pre Voss, because the club was challenging for the premiership there was Wood in 2007 though, some whilst Voss was there and plenty since Voss left, Patfull left in 2014, Aish, Leunberger and Redden in 2015, Hanley in 2016, Schache in 2017.

Last edited:

Rumours...give me rumours!! I'm losing it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
George IS GETTING UPSETTTT

6iD21G1.gif

This thread has evolved into Antiques Roadshow - Bicycles edition.... And just generally walks down memory lane. I have little to add

This thread constantly evolves, just sit back and enjoy watching it as it does. I mean , we could spend another 100 pages talking about Clarkson, I guess. Once a meaningful rumour emerges I'm sure that you will find something that you can add to.

This thread constantly evolves, just sit back and enjoy watching it as it does. I mean , we could spend another 100 pages talking about Clarkson, I guess. Once a meaningful rumour emerges I'm sure that you will find something that you can add to.
That's why i'm active here.

I cbf dealing with all the threads, this one covers everything

This was my pride and joy, Speedwell with 5speed derailleur, absolute bling back in the day.
Don't miss the dynamo rubbing against the back tyre.

All we need is Barbra singing memories..like the corners of my mind...or corner stores and 5c of mixed lollies

Buying a pie at the school tuck shop for 2 cents then paying 1 cent for sauce, outrageous :tearsofjoy:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Buying a pie at the school tuck shop for 2 cents then paying 1 cent for sauce, outrageous :tearsofjoy:
5 cent frozen Sunny Boys with a chance for a FREE inside.

This thread has evolved into Antiques Roadshow - Bicycles edition.... And just generally walks down memory lane. I have little to add
Sorry to keep it going - but I remember a story that Doug Bigalow (I'm not sure of the spelling), an old Essendon player told. He worked on Saturday mornings and rode his bike to the game. After a match against Collingwood at Windy Hill he got on the train with his bike (must have been tired), and when he got off the train he realised that a Collingwood supporter had let his tyres down.

Four of the supposed go home 5 struggled to get picked in the best 22, Yeo being the only exception, but of course that would never be a reason to leave a club, could easily be an excuse not to like the coach though. Blaming the coach though, is a better story,

No homesickness before or after Voss, how would I know the specific reasons players leave clubs, not many players left pre Voss, because the club was challenging for the premiership there was Wood in 2007 though some whilst Voss was there and plenty since Voss left, Patfull left in 2014, Aish, Leunberger and Redden in 2015, Hanley in 2016, Schache in 2017.
Yeah champ, you're right, you know better. I'm wrong. Apologies for actually hearing from the horses mouth. I should have known that an outside opinion from 2000km away carries much more weight. I'll try harder next time.

5 cent frozen Sunny Boys with a chance for a FREE inside.

My uncle owned a grocery, every time we went there he'd give us a sunny boy, one time i got one with the free chance inside, took it to him to try to claim it and got a clip behind the ear for being so cheeky :tearsofjoy:

Cook is a Lyon fan..stay tuned still a lot to play out.
So its looking like Voss is ahead but Cook could influence a swing back towards Lyon?

My uncle owned a grocery, every time we went there he'd give us a sunny boy, one time i got one with the free chance inside, took it to him to try to claim it and got a clip behind the ear for being so cheeky :tearsofjoy:
My fave was the Glug. Not very PC the old Injun Juice.

Speaking of NASA...do remember Ampol service stations would sell (or give away with petrol) a cardboard pop out of the Lunar Module. Wanted ones so bad and mentioned it to a mate of mine 21 years ago (I was 37 at the time). He found one on what back then was this new online experience called "ebay"

Yep. Franklin Mint released a hand built model decades back. 500 worldwide. Cost around $100 and unbelievable quality. They now bring in $1500.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back