Bluemour Melting Pot XXXII - Reaching fever pitch! 🔥 🔥 🔥

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
went to the zig & zag show as a tacker - talk about "behind you, behind you"...........

Not sure if anyone remembers the competition to collect bottletops that made up the word TARAX. I was one of the 50 who won a Malvern Star Dragster back in 1969????. Dad didn't drive so we went by tram to GTV 9 on a Saturday morning, was on TV, collected and brought the new dragster back on the tram

Was there.

Gave it to TJ on points.

Was there also. Just above it in the Luke Stand. I'd give it a nil all draw and award the fight to Rudy Webster for goading the 2 ol goats into embarrassing themselves lol.

In real life....i'd give it to TJ by knockout.

Thoughts on recently retired Nathan Jones as an assistant?
Known for his workrate.
Has experience working with younger players later in his career.
Been through a significant club rebuild at Melbourne.
Experience under 8 coaches.

Youth development maybe. Don't want yet another unexperienced assistant.

What would be the pass mark for Clarkson, considering what we'd be paying?

GF within 3?

Ignoring exterior expectations, I'd say it would be finals in 2022 (non negotiable), genuine top 4 aspirations but not a failure as such to finish 5th or 6th in 2023 and looking to become a legit contender after that. If you think he can turn this mob into a contender before then, I reckon you're a fair optimist. Our squad needs a huge mental readjustment.

Not sure if anyone remembers the competition to collect bottletops that made up the word TARAX. I was one of the 50 who won a Malvern Star Dragster back in 1969????. Dad didn't drive so we went by tram to GTV 9 on a Saturday morning, was on TV, collected and brought the new dragster back on the tram

Wow, I remember that competition too. Didn't win anything though.

Ignoring exterior expectations, I'd say it would be finals in 2022 (non negotiable), genuine top 4 aspirations but not a failure as such to finish 5th or 6th in 2023 and looking to become a legit contender after that. If you think he can turn this mob into a contender before then, I reckon you're a fair optimist. Our squad needs a huge mental readjustment.
So does he get the flick if he fails to deliver as above?

Was there also. Just above it in the Luke Stand. I'd give it a nil all draw and award the fight to Rudy Webster for goading the 2 ol goats into embarrassing themselves lol.

In real life....i'd give it to TJ by knockout.

I was right on the fence and as they walked off TJ goes ‘what did you f****** say?’ & Percy, who had his back too me, blurted out his infamous Dr Rudi stutter & Jewell went straight for him.

Got 3 in before Percy had a chance to shithimself.

That photo flatters our guy no end.

1377219115_P10206362-720x340.jpg

So does he get the flick if he fails to deliver as above?

I think you'd look to assess performance and discuss altering remuneration going forward if those don't materialise. See if there are mitigating factors, areas for improvements and all that. That's getting very far ahead though, we need to stitch him up first.

Great story. My younger brother had his dragster stolen when we were kids. When he passed away two years ago we were talking about how much he loved that bike. So, I had a replica built for my grandson. Here it is.

116702280_2656913347883516_2028133792173464442_n 2.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was right on the fence and as they walked off TJ goes ‘what did you f****** say?’ & Percy, who had his back too me, blurted out his infamous Dr Rudi stutter & Jewell went straight for him.

Got 3 in before Percy had a chance to shithimself.

That photo flatters our guy no end.

lol. Sounds about right. I must have missed TJ's first strike(s).

In real life TJ would scare the beejesus outta Big Perce. But Perce would probably offer him to sit down and have a beer instead....and TJ would happily agree. 2 big characters.

Ah Gold!!! actually. the bike was also gold in colour...and the 3 speed T bar shifter...thought if only I could impress Marcia Brady back then...or Lorri Partridge with my new wheels

Me too!!

Thought I was Fonzie for a while there....

Great story. My younger brother had his dragster stolen when we were kids. When he passed away two years ago we were talking about how much he loved that bike. So, I had a replica built for my grandson. Here it is.

View attachment 1239937

Great story yourself DALN.

One of these style bikes, although not necessarily the exact same and certainly not of as high quality, is the reason I wear a large scar on the inside of my leg. I enjoy telling the story that results in having tissue and matter hanging out of my leg after having a bolt dig into it after stacking in mud. I'll never forget my grandma lightly disciplining me for being outside riding at night by whacking me with a plastic beach spade, whilst holding me and giving me a kiss on a cheek, reassuring me I will be ok before driving me off to get stitches. Classic.

As do I .. but in 69, I was way into NASA / Apollo missions. 50 years later, still am.

Speaking of NASA...do remember Ampol service stations would sell (or give away with petrol) a cardboard pop out of the Lunar Module. Wanted ones so bad and mentioned it to a mate of mine 21 years ago (I was 37 at the time). He found one on what back then was this new online experience called "ebay"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back