Bluemour Melting Pot XXXII - Reaching fever pitch! 🔥 🔥 🔥

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
First player crippa should call. Lots of similarities. Couple years back Ollie struggled as captain, as a big bodied mid struggled to cover the ground and was pretty banged up. Worked extremely hard and completely changed his game.
Dislocated his shoulder water skiing. Was out injured for quite a while and when he came back his confidence waned and struggled a bit.

That kind of makes me feel a bit flat.

If you have to convince a coach with all these bells and whistles, is he coming because he has fire in the belly or because it’s a paycheque and free 1st class flights around the world?
Quite the opposite. Someone that jumps at a role raises red flags. Took me 9 months to leave my last position. Was 3 or 4 flat out rejections on my part before I started to engage as due diligence and on going dialogue started to unfold a greater line of sight as to how it actually could be a better set up than my old firm. I had a good gig, I was not going to leave until categorically I was leaving for a better out come for clients and myself. No different here. The press are just doing their thing filling space with this grovelling narrative. The eagerness of RTB initially is what you have to be wary of. Clarkson prob waiting to see CEO role confirmed in place. There would be sounding out assistant discussions needed ahead of any confirmation or rejection of the role, you would want half a dozen meetings or so with Sayers so you could get a good feel for his modus operandi. You would want to to your DD on footy department appointments etc. So far base case seems to be sensibly unfolding to the time line you would expect. Clarkson agreeing to come on board over next few weeks given how things are progressing would not be a surprise and if at the end of this process he declines after seeing all on the table so be it also, I find the ongoing narrative re the coach appointment bit off the mark. A big role in any line of work takes time and organisation of a lot of people and conflicting timelines.

Ollie Wines has always been a really good player. Papley or Wines, its not even a contest. You prioritize Wines all day long.

I don’t know what went on internally at the time or who was driving what moves.

What I do know is we had the best inside mid in the game in Cripps and Walsh had just had one of the best first seasons in history.

Our small forwards were Polson, Pickett, Gibbons, Lebois and Owies.

Papley just made the AA team and Wines won the Brownlow. Either would’ve been brilliant, sadly we ended up with nothing.

I don’t know what went on internally at the time or who was driving what moves.

What I do know is we had the best inside mid in the game in Cripps and Walsh had just had one of the best first seasons in history.

Our small forwards were Polson, Pickett, Gibbons, Lebois and Owies.

Papley just made the AA team and Wines won the Brownlow. Either would’ve been brilliant, sadly we ended up with nothing.

Although...we have got the bloke that finished 4th in his 3rd year which is still pretty cool

So what if he hasn’t nominated a club yet?

Notwithstanding the fact in a race between us and the Dees we are in the box seat because if we have better trading tools, consider that Carlton haven’t appointed a coach and Melbourne are trying to win a flag, not decide which possible premiership player they will trade out with their first rounder to get Cerra….imagine if a story leaked out in grand final week that the Dees had offered Bradshaw or Jackson in a trade to Freo?

I know there’s a bit of nervous energy on the forum at the moment as we get close to appointing a head coach but let’s try and keep it real.
I was keeping it real. You saying we are the only real chance and then saying he maybe waiting on our choice of coach is a bit of an irrelevant factor if again we are the only ones who can get him. The coach won't matter.
I'm saying I think Melbourne is his choice and is waiting til after the GF. How is that not a real possibility. Especially of they are going to announce trading a good young player to get him.

We've been in box seats before and how has that worked out ?

The last player we got who Carlton was not his preference was Nick Stevens. Who wants another one of his type at the club. Not me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was keeping it real. You saying we are the only real chance and then saying he maybe waiting on our choice of coach is a bit of an irrelevant factor if again we are the only ones who can get him. The coach won't matter.
I'm saying I think Melbourne is his choice and is waiting til after the GF. How is that not a real possibility. Especially of they are going to announce trading a good young player to get him.

We've been in box seats before and how has that worked out ?

The last player we got who Carlton was not his preference was Nick Stevens. Who wants another one of his type at the club. Not me.
Surely he needs to know who our coach is before he can decide he wants to play for Carlton?
Also I can’t see how historical successes or failures luring other players to Carlton have any bearing on what happens with Cerra.

Last edited:
Yah Rozzee, butters, even Cerra didn’t exactly light it up in the polling tonight.

All of those guys are seriously good players in their own right and the brownlow isn't the best player-to-player comparison.

But young Sam is just on another level/planet...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back