Boomers and/or Young People Suck

Remove this Banner Ad

is there any reason why you wouldn't just compare wage increases to house price increases over the decades and see if they're out of wack rather than using individual examples? or am i missing something

Are house prices commoditised into a single, fungible token or unit of value?

Why would you compare house prices in Unley Park with Lonsdale

Are house prices commoditised into a single, fungible token or unit of value?

Why would you compare house prices in Unley Park with Lonsdale
well you wouldn't, but I assume something like plotting the median or entry level houses prices over decades versus wages would be the way to go!

Sorry, but you're completely wrong.

Here's interesting data for each capital city since 1970.

Median income to house price ratios have drastically risen across Australia with Sydney the worst, rising from 4.5 times median annual income to over over 12, meaning that you're paying interest to the bank for an extra 7.5 years.

Is that capital city analysis only?

It's also just a horrible mindset to have. "things were s**t for me, they should be s**t for you too". I'm okay with people complaining about bad things that happened to them but it shouldn't be used to dismiss other people with similar concerns.

Aren’t you pissed that s**t wasn’t as bad for the boomers as it is for you?

3rd bedroom, two sets of bunk beds, rent it out to Asian students, $100 a bunk, probably has a shed on the property too, not to hard to get a few bunks in there.

Looks a bit extravagant for a share house with 1 mate. Plus his is nicer. We paid $320/wk for 3 bedrooms in prospect before leaving SA in 1998. $800 sounds about right 25 years later.

My older bro and his wife lived in Hackham in their early married years, and I lived near Mansfield Park as a kid.

To this day I still can't quite decide which of Arndale or Collonades is worse

My mate used to do security at Elizabeth and Colonades shopping centres. I asked him which area was worse and he said "Pretty much the same just the guys in Elizabeth know their sister is off limits"

My mate used to do security at Elizabeth and Colonades shopping centres. I asked him which area was worse and he said "Pretty much the same just the guys in Elizabeth know their sister is off limits"
Elizabeth is a low bar.
I always thought the Elizabeth crims would steal cars that Port Adelaide crims thought not worth stealing. :devil:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My older bro and his wife lived in Hackham in their early married years, and I lived near Mansfield Park as a kid.

To this day I still can't quite decide which of Arndale or Collonades is worse
Not sure about the shops but location wise, Arndale is worse. People can say what they like about Collonades but Noarlunga is just a stones throw from gods country. Arndale is a stones throw from the hell of the northern suburbs (and Port Adelaide).

No they just don’t keep any money in their transaction sccount.
Which is ironic as they are worried about online theft yet happily use card for everything.
That's not a credit card. That's a debit card.

And if the details are stolen but the account has no money in it, you can't lose any money.

Of course you could just get a credit card then the bank is on the hook.

Edit: oh and 7 years working at the old Big W (though nearly 20 years ago), if Colonnades is worse than Arndale I'm staying well away.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back