News Boyd Woodcock signs for Southport VFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Finished second in the VFL equivalent to the Brownlow. Should have been on our list this year ahead of any of Motlop, Mayes, McEntee or Frederick.
I remember watching a SANFL GF where Woodcock and Rozee were playing for North. Impressed by both, and by Woodcock's goal scoring ability especially.
We make a habit of not giving guys a fair run, albeit we selectively do so in the extreme with others (refer: Sam Gray).
We made a "blue" here. Be interesting to see who picks him up.
Could we do a "Porplyzia" here, cut him then redraft him? Nah, wont happen, leastways with KH at the helm.

Definitely in post-season when Boyd Woodcock is mentioned as making any sort of difference to our list.

0b977185-87db-40d3-b295-8dfa7aa547e3_text.gif

Plays in the VFL GF for Southport v Casey Demons at Princess Park on Sunday at 12.50pm.

A stupid time, but supposedly moved so everyone at 7 can get ready for the brownlow.

Our man Boyd Woodcock has been pretty good with Southport in the VFL having finished 2nd in the Liston Trophy (league B&F) two years running and made the team of the year in both seasons. He’s continued that with a monster stat line of 44 disposals, 11 clearances and 2 goals against Port Melbourne this week. I’d have to wonder if he’s on the radar of any clubs for the mid season draft when that comes around.

Our man Boyd Woodcock has been pretty good with Southport in the VFL having finished 2nd in the Liston Trophy (league B&F) two years running and made the team of the year in both seasons. He’s continued that with a monster stat line of 44 disposals, 11 clearances and 2 goals against Port Melbourne this week. I’d have to wonder if he’s on the radar of any clubs for the mid season draft when that comes around.
He was a bit of a premature delisting. Replaced effectively by McEntee, despite being a far superior player.

This is the zone I'm always surprised that teams don't be a bit more 'moneyball'. There's always going to be list fillers on lists. Players like Evans, McEntee, etc, you don't always need to go out and draft a kid at pick number 372, you can just dump a few of the crappier players on the list and build up your depth with superior VFL/SANFL players. There's no rule that you can't do that, and no reason why having a super deep reserves side is not good for you.

That's just my opinion.

I get the feeling Woodcock was delisted because the old mate clique didnt like him more than anything. He was much more capable than other options at the time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I get the feeling Woodcock was delisted because the old mate clique didnt like him more than anything. He was much more capable than other options at the time.
I get the same feeling with semi-reliable reason, but I have no way to verify that this was the case. Either way, this is the vibe I get.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back