Brandon Ellis Incident

Remove this Banner Ad

Would be a travesty if Cotchin misses the GF because of this.
No travesty, just terrible timing to activate his accumulated reprimands - if it does happen. It's a system that in the past couple of years has bent over backwards to not ban players, but there is an end point.

sorry, should have included in my previous reply to you. Shiel didn't take any further part in the game because he was concussed getting bumped in the shoulder.
Someone on the Tigers board just posted a clip of Astbury bumping into Shiel saying it was that bump that concussed him, not Cotchin.

Clip was from the 10 second mark before quarter time.

But wasn't head high and both players were going for the ball..

I agree both players were going for the ball....which AGAIN is why I hope Cotchin does not get rubbed out.

But there was high contact, not sure how you’re even suggesting otherwise. The fact there was high contact is the one element of the whole thing I thought almost everyone on Big Footy acknowledged and agreed on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ellis will get a week, no other possible result which is a terrible shame for the bloke. I dont think it was deliberate but running full tilt from 90 degrees and connecting shoulder flush onto to jaw is a week.

Just terrible timing in the action and the time of year. If it was round 10 he and every Tiger supporter would say "opps my bad hope he's ok and I'll take my week off....sorry"

Crotchin isnt as clear cut, plenty of grey area to work with but wouldnt be surprised to see the MRP site him, the Tigers will of course challenge and he gets off under the AFL superstar he's a good bloke unwritten rule book.

Rocca missed a GF for less than what Ellis did.
Yeah, but there's the Collingwood rule re suspensions coming into grand finals, and then there's the rules for everyone else. IE: suspensions of Carman, Rocca and Jason Cloke for innocuous incidents. The letting off of Syd Jackson ( Jackson admitted in recent years that his claim that Lee Adamson provoked him by racially abusing him was a contrived lie ), and Barry Hall for blatant punches.

In my mind there is no doubt the AFL are corrupt.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back