Player Watch Brayden Sier (Delisted 2021)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
In reality can we even trust the club to he honest with injuries these days?. There's every chance he's no longer injured they're just being conservative with him ...

Or maybe he was never injured?

And the claimed ‘calf injury’ is just a cover ...

... for example, he might be serving a club imposed suspension for something. In which case the club wouldn’t be too fussed that he’s been fingered playing basketball - the cover story would have been to protect him and if he wants to go off and do something stupid to potentially blow it then that’s his problem.

There’d just be the potential matter of being busted doing an extra-curricular sport without notifying the club ... but would have thought that kind of thing would be quite petty. It’s not as if he was busted mogul skiing, or punching on at 2am in Bourke Street.

Yeah ok, he's a little daft..

But i'm not going to hang, draw and quarter him for playing 15-20 minutes of a very amateur basketball game.
Clearly wouldn't have played if he felt his body couldn't handle it.

Probably furthers the rumour of him serving a club suspension rather than being injured.

Yep deadset what a ******* idiot.

Needs a big preseason hopefully the club rip shreds off him resulting in him pulling his head in.

Collingwood have the biggest bunch of liars in the comp, the amount of lies that have come from our players in the past 3 years is concerning
You mean those who get caught, yes. The best liars are elsewhere and don't get found out. If anything, we lack professionalism in lying

HE LIED. Forget the basketball and whether he was injured or not.

He made our club look even more stupid than it already looks this year. The clubs response to the media was he only shot a few baskets during the breaks. He denied playing.

Our clubs response- ha ha ha you got us.....here have a new contract.

Is it?
2 weeks left in the season... Club decimated by injury... He's supposedly recuperating a calf injury... It's really not a minor issue.
4TeO9Ht.jpg

Maybe Sier is just a young a lad struggling with rigors of being an AFL footballer, sometimes it's good to remember that we are not all wired the same, we are not robots. The club obviously feel he will make it as a player or they wouldn't have given another contract.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just like an excuse to Have my aunt out and about

D9C43830-0762-4847-8CFD-40A6FCF1A8A6.gif

It's such a minor issue. He'll get rightfully reprimanded but it's not a ten week league suspension type of issue or a four year ban type of issue.

Never got club imposed suspensions only hurts the club and in braydens case obviously he is not too fussed not playing anyway.

Rather they make him or any player fufill their duties as a player - training and playing, only hurts the club and team not playing its full roster.

Make them do community service or like if you want to punish.

I just like an excuse to Have my aunt out and about

View attachment 726955

Now there's a virtuous woman who could give the Bear a good lesson in compliance. All that paintballing, the durries, and basketball! My oh my, she would say, you've been a bad Bear! Yes, a very wilful Bear, but you will learn. You will learn that your body is not your own, and it will be a painful lesson, but you will finally be liberated from yourself. You will know true freedom, Bear.

Disappointing from the Bear, understand he's a young bloke and they make mistakes, but hopefully the club reprimands him as per.

Hopefully he can have a strong end to the season (in terms of training... no idea where he is at in regards to actually playing), and pre-season I'd pair him up with someone like Levi and put him through as grueling a preseason as possible, which should tee him up for a big 2020.

Hopefully that can help him see that when you cut out the "silly stuff" and work hard, the rewards come from it.

“Mate, are you serious?”: Greenwood reacts to Collingwood teammate’s basketball gaffe
By SEN 20 minutes ago

17WCCo19DC0850.JPG

Levi Greenwood admits Brayden Sier’s decision to play basketball while recovering from injury is not the smartest thing he’s heard.
It has been reported that the Collingwood midfielder played Monday night basketball under a fake name despite the fact he has missed the past three games with a calf problem.

Greenwood's reaction to his teammate’s choice was of surpise, especially considering the club's current injury woes and recent off-field issues.
“I was looking on the AFL site this morning to see if there was anything I needed to know before coming on,” he told Kane Cornes and Andrew Hayes on SEN SA Breakfast.

“I was like, ‘get out, no way’. And I read into it and was like, ‘mate, are you serious?’

“I haven’t spoken to him, I’ve heard nothing about it, I’ve just read the article. I’d hate for it to be true because it would be quite disappointing if it was because we need players right now.

“If they’re out injured they should not be playing basketball full-stop, or doing anything that’s going to prolong their injury.

“If it is true the powers that be will be having their say about it. We’ll have to wait and see.

“I saw it and was having bit of a chuckle to myself thinking, ‘oh no, not again’. Hopefully it’s not (true).”
Sier, 21, has played just six games for the Magpies this season, last featuring in the Round 18 loss to GWS.

Collingwood next face Adelaide at Adelaide Oval on Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back