Player Watch Brayden Sier (Delisted 2021)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Has he been picked since the one he was subbed out of with an illness?

Medical sub the following week from memory.

No they don't because he has only played about 3 AFL games and been subbed off early in 2 of them.
It is 7* games that he has played this year.. Yep, subbed off the WCE game, and i think he was injured late in the Adelaide game..

*Edit - was subbed off half way through the GWS game with Gastro, and was named as a Sub the next game against WCE and subbed on.
In either case, his playing minutes didn't change, as he can only average just over half a game before he is spent anyway :p

Last edited:
It is 7 games that he has played this year.. Yep, subbed off the WCE game, and i think he was injured late in the Adelaide game..

Subbed out of the GWS game (28%TOG), into the Weagles game (48%), out of the Crows game (25%). That's 3 of his 7 games where he's had limited capacity to impact the stat sheet, all of which results in lower averages.

It's his fifth (?) year at the club, in a season in which our midfield has been decimated and there's been opportunities aplenty to not only get a game, but stamp yourself as a best 22... and he's managed 7 games and been decidedly average in every appearance.

Yup, injuries have played a small part, but if we're being really honest with ourselves, he just hasn't put it together and has been living off a couple of good months in 2018 for 3 years.

He's a different kind of cat - I don't think footy is all that important to him, and that's fine.

We have to let this one go - he's not going to play good, consistent AFL footy with us.

It's his fifth (?) year at the club, in a season in which our midfield has been decimated and there's been opportunities aplenty to not only get a game, but stamp yourself as a best 22... and he's managed 7 games and been decidedly average in every appearance.

Yup, injuries have played a small part, but if we're being really honest with ourselves, he just hasn't put it together and has been living off a couple of good months in 2018 for 3 years.

He's a different kind of cat - I don't think footy is all that important to him, and that's fine.

We have to let this one go - he's not going to play good, consistent AFL footy with us.
No focus on the prize, let him focus elsewhere.

I don’t know what’s holding him back.
Played well last 2 VFL games…but still no cigar.
Is it 2 way running?
Is it defensive pressure?
Is he not getting to contests?
Missing tackles?
General attitude?
There’s something…just can’t pinpoint.

Is it 2 way running?
Missing tackles?
General attitude?
I think it's a little bit of everything - you could sum it up by saying lack of focus.

Is it 2 way running?
Missing tackles?
General attitude?

Just a complete guess, but I think the call may have been made that he's not at the club next season and they're probably going to focus on other players (Cal Brown in the middle etc) for opportunities he may have otherwise got over the last month of footy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just a complete guess, but I think the call may have been made that he's not at the club next season and they're probably going to focus on other players (Cal Brown in the middle etc) for opportunities he may have otherwise got over the last month of footy.
Which begs the question whose decision is it to leave - his or the club's?

Subbed out of the GWS game (28%TOG), into the Weagles game (48%), out of the Crows game (25%). That's 3 of his 7 games where he's had limited capacity to impact the stat sheet, all of which results in lower averages.
It may be as simple as that he is a full time mid who averages less than 20 disposals and can only play 65% percent of game time due to fitness.

Maynard this week talked about not being able to go into the midfield because of his tank. Difference between him and Sier is that Maynard can play other roles with limited fitness whereas Sier can only play midfield.

Well, I hope someone else wants him, because I think his trade value probably sits at a packet of chips, rusted hubcap and a 9th rounder as it sits.
Pretty generous Scribe, the lad has always had enormous potential but as it stands he's a no show.

I still think he has told the club he is moving on at the end of the year and that's why he isn't getting a game. He has a couple of suiters
I can’t think of any player that dumb to tell the club he is at that he is leaving end of the season. But then again, we aren’t exactly dealing with one of the sharpest minds…

Pretty generous Scribe, the lad has always had enormous potential but as it stands he's a no show.
If he does go to another club, he’ll simply milk them for a year or 2. And then he’ll disappear and TheGreatGrundy will also add the new club, it’s coaching, it’s leaders for not understanding him. Or, he’ll blame Collingwood for damaging him too much.

I can’t think of any player that dumb to tell the club he is at that he is leaving end of the season. But then again, we aren’t exactly dealing with one of the sharpest minds…
It does happen more than we think. Sier seems like the type of bloke who might do that and I don't blame him considering we are playing less talented players ahead of him. GC and another club or 2 would be interested

If he does go to another club, he’ll simply milk them for a year or 2. And then he’ll disappear and TheGreatGrundy will also add the new club, it’s coaching, it’s leaders for not understanding him. Or, he’ll blame Collingwood for damaging him too much.
Yes I will be able to sook it up all the more when he fails at his next club. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back