Player Watch Brayden Sier (Delisted 2021)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nervous about the rookie list option. Cant we just keep Sier on the senior list? We've kept room on the list before, for players who are not quite ready, or not quite finished.

It wasn't just Schade that we plucked out of the reaching hands of GC, but the rumour was Kirby was to be rookied by Richmond, after his handful of eye catching performances in their VFL team. I cant think how much more angst-ridden this board would have been this year, without Kirby to distract us. Relying on rookying players seems to me a dangerous game...
Gold Coast used up all their live selections before Schade and Kirby showed more in two games with Richmonds VFL side than Sier has with us in two years.

Nervous about the rookie list option. Cant we just keep Sier on the senior list? We've kept room on the list before, for players who are not quite ready, or not quite finished.

It wasn't just Schade that we plucked out of the reaching hands of GC, but the rumour was Kirby was to be rookied by Richmond, after his handful of eye catching performances in their VFL team. I cant think how much more angst-ridden this board would have been this year, without Kirby to distract us. Relying on rookying players seems to me a dangerous game...
Kirby would have been available to Richmond as a Category B rookie (next generation indigenous academy) had he made it through both the national and rookie drafts. McCarthy qualified under the same provision with St Kilda. It's great we've pinched Kirby from Richmond.

Maybe Sier isn't ready yet. It's disappointing if he can't find the pill. You don't need to be a fully develop man to know where to run, how to run and when to run to put yourself in the right place to get the footy.
He was picked as a speculative long term prospect, a raw kid who was one of the youngest and least developed due to not progressing via the TAC program, in his draft class. He is only 4 months older than Cal Brown.

Coupled that with his lack of continuity through injury and it is no surprise that he hasn't shown much yet.

Really think it would be a ridiculous decision for the club to delist him, as they would have drafted him not expecting much at all in his first couple of years anyway.

Sier's Stats on the weekend are good. Looks to be turning a corner. Still only 19 years of age.

Stats v Port Melbourne via VFL.com.au
Goals 1
Disposals 24
Kicks Effective 8
Kicks In Effective 1
Handballs Efective 9
Handballs In Effective 6
Uncontested Marks 5
Tackles 7

Big finals campaign on the cards hopefully!

Sier's Stats on the weekend are good. Looks to be turning a corner. Still only 19 years of age.

Goals 1
Disposals 24
Kicks Effective 8
Kicks In Effective 1
Handballs Efective 9
Handballs In Effective 6
Uncontested Marks 5
Tackles 7

On the face of it not a bad effort, he seems to find the ball... but effectiveness is such dodgy assessment.. better to judge on what the eyes see..

On the face of it not a bad effort, he seems to find the ball... but effectiveness is such dodgy assessment.. better to judge on what the eyes see..
Iirc I think he ended up getting tagged too? I didn't get to watch the game, but I remember Snoop Dog posting it I think.

He must have been having a pretty damaging game if they decided to tag him.

Goals 1
Disposals 24
Kicks Effective 8
Kicks In Effective 1
Handballs Efective 9
Handballs In Effective 6
Uncontested Marks 5
Tackles 7

Certainly benefited from being propelled up the midfield batting order by way of that midfield being almost drained dry of AFL-listed manpower. Let's see how he goes with Aish/Wills/Blair/Thomas/Brown/Daicos back in there this week...

Goals 1
Disposals 24
Kicks Effective 8
Kicks In Effective 1
Handballs Efective 9
Handballs In Effective 6
Uncontested Marks 5
Tackles 7

Liking the tackles.

By the looks of hm, you wouldn't want to be tackled by him.

Not quite the mountain or hound but really big all the same

Iirc I think he ended up getting tagged too? I didn't get to watch the game, but I remember Snoop Dog posting it I think.

He must have been having a pretty damaging game if they decided to tag him.

Yeah def was getting tagged late in 2nd and 3rd. Was pretty impressed actually and best performance he has put in. His strengths are similar to Wills and his weaknesses are circa the same. Not sure he spreads enough and gets enough loose ball.

Having said that he is on the up and needs to back it up now. With better players back in the team he should have a good chance.

Going wrong for Suns or us. Think we were the ones that got that one wrong. Worked out well for the Suns.

Personally I'm not counting Schade out yet.

Gold Coast was the Melbourne of today when it comes to not developing players properly.

We also has a ruck rover as the defensive coach so how do you think that is going to help improve a young players development - it's no surprise that the ones who do look like they're progressing are the small-to-medium defenders

I'm happy to give Schade another go around - the kid showed flashes of being that blanketing tall(er) defender we desperately need and it wasn't all that long ago that he did a decent job on the eventual Coleman medal winner.

Everyone is foaming at the mouth over Lever, but for every Jake Lever, Michael Hurley or Alex Rance there is a far less heralded lock down KPD doing the job on the opposition's best forward most weeks.

As an aside wouldn't it be nice if we had Matthew Scarlett as our defensive group coach?

p.s. Not sure how this turned into a discussion about Slim Shady but I'm just running with the ball.

Last edited:
Yeah def was getting tagged late in 2nd and 3rd. Was pretty impressed actually and best performance he has put in. His strengths are similar to Wills and his weaknesses are circa the same. Not sure he spreads enough and gets enough loose ball.

Having said that he is on the up and needs to back it up now. With better players back in the team he should have a good chance.
Great news

Goals 1
Disposals 24
Kicks Effective 8
Kicks In Effective 1
Handballs Efective 9
Handballs In Effective 6
Uncontested Marks 5
Tackles 7

He was having a crack and kicking more instead of those dinky handballs. Took a strong mark. Just needs confidence and penetration on disposals. He's a good kick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brienne is overrated, she's only looked good because she's fought her opponents when they're were in poor conditions.
Don't you being the dis with Brienne.
Giantsbane might still be alive, suspect so, he'll not be pleased if you dis his girl.

Great show, and the women are portrayed very strongly

Brienne is overrated, she's only looked good because she's fought her opponents when they're were in poor conditions.
Don't you being the dis with Brienne.
Giantsbane might still be alive, suspect so, he'll not be pleased if you dis his girl.

Great show, and the women are portrayed very strongly
She's good, just not double the Hound good.
You're only as good as your last game. She got the four points
I'm confused, has Sier left us to join GOT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back