Player Watch Brayden Sier (Delisted 2021)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm actually glad he didn't get the nomination this week, strangely enough. I'm probably just nervous after Phillips got praise from the media and had a form slump immediately after.

He can still get a nomination over the next 2 weeks. Wonder if or how much we'll build his game time going forward this season.
I think just getting more Attention - and he's carrying a bigger load now.
Still been excellent all year. Overall.

Grundy will / should get AA. Gawn can get the bench.

Also, did you know that Pendlebury has a basketball background?
And it took all of two minutes of Madgen to be commented on with his basketball background.

For what it’s worth if all the clubs had a fun basketball tournament we’d romp home.

Cox, Madgen, Pendlebury

Does it matter the rest?

loving the kid more and more!! First time ive heard him speak . Speaks really well , seems really humble and looking to get the best out of himself

love hearing how he looks for Jordy and just gets it in there.

I can't believe that nobody has mentioned a similarity with Josh Kennedy.
His body shape and size are.
For me he's more like Greg Williams with his vision and ability to distribute it by hand or foot.

What has surprised me compared to his VFL showings is his first few steps away from a stoppage are actually quite quick Different to Josh Kennedy in that aspect

Also he is quite a penetrating and long kick which he hadn’t shown a lot in vfl

We all knew his handball was good

And it took all of two minutes of Madgen to be commented on with his basketball background.

For what it’s worth if all the clubs had a fun basketball tournament we’d romp home.

Cox, Madgen, Pendlebury

Does it matter the rest?

iCUY8TP.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely hes due a rising star nomination in the next two rounds.

(My personal opinion of the rising star..........round up the list to 25 nominations and add three wildcard entries at the end of the season. Some kids just dont have a standout game but show a lot of consistency....or have their standout game in the wrong week.....or debut late in the season It would be good to cast a bit of a net and acknowledge a few extra nominations after the 23 rounds have been played)

Last edited:
It’s great to see a lower draft pick come through and start showing elite potential. Our 2010 side was built around rookie picks and low draft picks coming good, and after a few years of misses it looks like we’re finally hitting a few with the likes of Sier, Philips, and Langdon

It’s great to see a lower draft pick come through and start showing elite potential. Our 2010 side was built around rookie picks and low draft picks coming good, and after a few years of misses it looks like we’re finally hitting a few with the likes of Sier, Philips, and Langdon

Pick 32 is hardly a late pick.

Any pick from 30+ is pretty hit and miss. I don’t know the stats but I’m guessing there’s not a lot of 100+ game players playing that were picked after 30. Sier, Philip’s, and Langdon all look certain to make that milestone.

For what it’s worth the only player we have left on our list picked after 30 in the Draft from 2010 to 2012 is Fasolo, and he looks gone at the end of the year. We’ve done much better since then with Langdon, Sier, Maynard, Phillips, and McLarty all drafted later then 30 and looking like hits.

Yep, Balme often said "Any draftee picked in the first three rounds, should be able to play a lot of senior footy"
Good man Balme.

That’s an interesting take.
I’m a believer that the spotting of talent Is vital and then the development with the attitude of the player.

Any pick from 30+ is pretty hit and miss. I don’t know the stats but I’m guessing there’s not a lot of 100+ game players playing that were picked after 30. Sier, Philip’s, and Langdon all look certain to make that milestone.

For what it’s worth the only player we have left on our list picked after 30 in the Draft from 2010 to 2012 is Fasolo, and he looks gone at the end of the year. We’ve done much better since then with Langdon, Sier, Maynard, Phillips, and McLarty all drafted later then 30 and looking like hits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back