Player Watch Brayden Sier (Delisted 2021)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem with Sier is 95% is in his head not in his physical abilty. He has shown he has the natural abilty desires to play and commit he is great but i dont think he has his head right.
Another club may notice this pick him up for nothing get him right in the mind and then we will spew.

The problem with Sier is 95% is in his head not in his physical abilty. He has shown he has the natural abilty desires to play and commit he is great but i dont think he has his head right.
Another club may notice this pick him up for nothing get him right in the mind and then we will spew.
I very much doubt it. The stories I've heard about his behaviour over the last 12 months would be known outside Collingwood.
Unfortunately, he's not very bright and makes very poor decisions.

When will people realise his terrible endurance is one of his main problems? And that is very much a physical ability problem.

When will people realise his terrible endurance is one of his main problems? And that is very much a physical ability problem.

Anyone can build a better tank if they put the effort in, the difference lies in how far they can go endurance-wise which is limited by physiology to some degree, but also resides equally as much (if not more so) above the shoulders.

An AFL-average level of endurance was never beyond Sier if he wanted to push himself to that standard over the summer and on the training track during pre-season, he just never did enough in that space to compliment the power in his game.

Last edited:
he gets heaps of the ball in the VFL and seems to be able to run out a game. Endurance was never his problem, his problem is he that he want's to have the best of both worlds, party and elite sport

I doubt he lacks any physical attributes that couldn’t be easily fixed with a better attitude.
McRae interview with him must have not gone down very well.
Sier likely said all the wrong things Fly wanted to hear. Wright would have spoken to him several times.

Must be something serious as to why Buckley and than Harvey didn't play him in a weakened side. His VFL form was OK around that time.

Sier likely said all the wrong things Fly wanted to hear. Wright would have spoken to him several times.

Must be something serious as to why Buckley and than Harvey didn't play him in a weakened side. His VFL form was OK around that time.

Someone put up a phot a few weeks ago of the playing group celebrating Ginnivens debut and sier looked really on the outer in the background of that photo

I wouldn’t be jumping to too many conclusions about mcraes involvement in this decision. Siers cards were mos5 likely marked earlier than that. The fact that Harvey wasn’t prepared to give Sier a lifeline was evidence that the problem was more than just Bucks not liking him.

he gets heaps of the ball in the VFL and seems to be able to run out a game. Endurance was never his problem, his problem is he that he want's to have the best of both worlds, party and elite sport
I actually think the biggest issue was that he didn't really know what he was doing out there. Just stood around at stoppage hoping the ball would find its way to him.

He could benefit from a change in environment. I wish him all the best as he seems like a decent guy from the few interviews i have seen him do and what I have heard. Had a fair crack for our club but for whatever reason it just has not happened for him since 2018.
I have to admit i expected Bear to become a top-10 player among our list as a powerful, goal-kicking mid, and I am disappointed he has not. Maybe he struggles a little with self-belief, I don't know. But thanks and all the best to him.

I actually think the biggest issue was that he didn't really know what he was doing out there. Just stood around at stoppage hoping the ball would find its way to him.

I hope you’re wrong.

If that was his biggest issue, the. simple solution should have been more game time to build the experience to know automatically where to be and where to run.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope you’re wrong.

If that was his biggest issue, the. simple solution should have been more game time to build the experience to know automatically where to be and where to run.
I don't really mean where to run, but awareness of what to do at stoppage. I don't think it's that simple that it automatically comes with experience.

I don't really mean where to run, but awareness of what to do at stoppage. I don't think it's that simple that it automatically comes with experience.
I agree to an extent. He was great at reading the ball off the ruck contest, but the learned things were, well, not learned.

I agree to an extent. He was great at reading the ball off the ruck contest, but the learned things were, well, not learned.

Very good when the ball fell in his direction, but just so reactive rather than proactive. I just don't think he knew how to hunt the footy. It's why Swan and Mitchell got it over and over again - they hunted the footy rather than standing around awkwardly.

I think body positioning/awareness etc comes with experience if you have the basic ability, as long as you have the brain and the passion to improve. It all goes back to the one thing…. Between the ears

I think body positioning/awareness etc comes with experience if you have the basic ability, as long as you have the brain and the passion to improve. It all goes back to the one thing…. Between the ears
There are things that can't be taught.
Spacial awareness, instinct, hunger. You're right it's mainly between the ears, but there are indefinable things that separate the best from the good and the good from the ordinary. He seems to have been lacking in these

Someone put up a phot a few weeks ago of the playing group celebrating Ginnivens debut and sier looked really on the outer in the background of that photo
That was true from the early days. I commented a few times over the years that Sier appeared to be disengaged during training sessions; almost as if he felt he wasn't really part of the group.

Bucks and Harvey would have marked his card very harshly after his off-field behaviour in 2021. No doubt Wright would have passed this along to McRae. There were a few rumours about his behaviour which were not reported anywhere in the media as far as I know and it seems they may have been on the money after all. Perhaps others know more than me.

There are things that can't be taught.
Spacial awareness, instinct, hunger. You're right it's mainly between the ears, but there are indefinable things that separate the best from the good and the good from the ordinary. He seems to have been lacking in these

Those two traits are off the charts in heaps of indigenous players which appears pretty innate. Sier was a strange one in that he showed excellent spacial awareness when he had the ball, which you saw through creative handball - but didn't use it when he didn't have the ball.

A criminal waste of talent.

Should have been our midfield bull, breaking open the packs and extracting the pill with sweetly weighted hand passes to open the play.

Ended up being a spectator not motivated enough to do what was necessary to forge a strong career on such a bright promise.

An object lesson of how not to go about building an AFL career.

How sad . . .

In a lot of ways - between the ears - reminds me of Fabulous Phil.

Phil was interviewed some time after he had retired and when asked about the infamous striking charge that caused him to miss the GF told the interviewer it was a 'bit of a joke'.

Or words to that effect.

FP was a superb footballer and athlete with the mental capacity of a 15 yo.

Sier appears a less talented version of FP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back