News Brett Montgomery

Remove this Banner Ad

Every time a role comes up he explicitly rules himself out at the outset. It isnt a problem with him, but rather an open unwillingness to apply for the role.

There have been several instances where he would have been a sure thing. His approach has been one of trying to have a longer apprenticeship to avoid some of the challenges faced by many coaches.
He's got the Swans gig when Horse retires. He can afford to be selective when coaching gigs around the country open up.

Why Aker? Guys an untrustworthy, self-centred flog who has never respected peoples privacy.
Well people here are saying that we should be looking outside the club and get away from that boys club.

Aker has coached his own team for a few years now, he has done the coaching course and has been very successful in his footy career. I do think he does have a very high footy IQ and if we think about some of the areas we are lacking kicking inside F50, kicking for goal and general skills. These are some of Akers strengths.

Could do a lot worst in a coach than Aker, but it might not be a position that he may not want.

Well people here are saying that we should be looking outside the club and get away from that boys club.

Aker has coached his own team for a few years now, he has done the coaching course and has been very successful in his footy career. I do think he does have a very high footy IQ and if we think about some of the areas we are lacking kicking inside F50, kicking for goal and general skills. These are some of Akers strengths.

Could do a lot worst in a coach than Aker, but it might not be a position that he may not want.

Own team? Yeah, North Albury in the O&M. Hardly a big deal. Fev coached his own team too.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Highly doubt Aker would be Bev's cup of tea.

But, if we want the team to be a bunch of self-absorbed, egotistical flogs prepared to throw the occasional grenade into the team harmony, then yeah, let's get Aker.

Every time a role comes up he explicitly rules himself out at the outset. It isnt a problem with him, but rather an open unwillingness to apply for the role.

There have been several instances where he would have been a sure thing. His approach has been one of trying to have a longer apprenticeship to avoid some of the challenges faced by many coaches.
He was over the line as Roos' successor at Melbourne until Sydney said they wouldn't let him leave 1 assistant role to take on another assistant role.

Agreed. I reckon getting Carey for Boyd would be a massive investment and would work out pretty well

So I see folks are keen on bringing Westy and Carey to the kennel? With Aker back to tell tales.

That could end well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back