Player Watch Brett Turner - Delisted

Remove this Banner Ad

Patrick Wilson and Jono Beech didn’t work out, I guess third times a charm with these SANFL Plodders….

Ha ha poor guy, he gets drafted and no one wants to congratulate him. I don't know anything about him or the guy people seemed to want. Let's just hope he proves people wrong and can show something. The positive I guess is no one expects anything...

I hope he makes it, but this is just such a weird pick for where we are in our rebuild and our current list profile. We have so many holes to fill and we go for another small midfielder who will just join the queue behind Laird, Keays and Crouch.

Time to move Hamish on, he has lost the plot.

Nothing against him personally, I'm sure he worked hard and is a nice guy. And his height isn't necessarily a big issue of itself.

The problem is in what world is a 185cm 25 year old, who isn't even the best midfielder at his SANFL club, the guy we need right now. Will likely add nothing and may actively stall the midfield minutes of players with a chance of making it. Makes no sense. This club is going backwards still.

Nothing against him personally, I'm sure he worked hard and is a nice guy. And his height isn't necessarily a big issue of itself.

The problem is in what world is a 185cm 25 year old, who isn't even the best midfielder at his SANFL club, the guy we need right now. Will likely add nothing and may actively stall the midfield minutes of players with a chance of making it. Makes no sense. This club is going backwards still.

Pretty much this. Congrats to him for getting drafted but why the F have we gone down this route.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has been touted as a Half Forward as well?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Did we just use our MSD pick on a Nathan Freeman replacement for our SANFL side?

Good luck to him I guess.

I hope he makes it, but this is just such a weird pick for where we are in our rebuild and our current list profile. We have so many holes to fill and we go for another small midfielder who will just join the queue behind Laird, Keays and Crouch.

Time to move Hamish on, he has lost the plot.

I doubt that this is a Hamish talent ID event. This is List Management and Strategy banking 2 wins over our next 2 matches and thinking we aren't that far off the 8. A bit of mediocre depth is required. There was never any doubt that an AFC rebuild would look exactly like this.

Look, I'm happy for Turner and I'm also happy to see us looking at filling that mid-aged player. We're in desperate need to add quality in that age group in this off-season (though how you do that cheaply, I have no idea, seeing the last thing you want is to add mediocre players in that group as that can destroy a rebuild).

But it's hard to see this pick as anything other than SANFL filler, as much as it would be a boon for Turner to become that quality option.

My immediate guess is he's on a 6 month contract and he's just a "break glass" in the event we get hit with injuries.

Why would we care about injuries in a year we're finishing in the bottom half dozen? Plus we've got developing mids including Schoey and Pedlar that couldn't possibly be worse at AFL level than this guy. It's just typical AFC.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back