Rumour Busted Brian Taylor sacked from Sat Night Footy/CH7

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funnily enough, I thought his call of the GCS-Rich game was actually his best that I can recall. Toned down so much of the really aggravating bullshit. Cut down on the boy oh boy, the footy factory, the general dumb crap. Much better than his usual offerings.

Still not great, but so much better than his normal suicide-watch-inducers.
Dion 'The Human Meatball' Prestia got more than a few mentions. The boy from Assumption College!

Really, really hope this is true. Ruins the commentary for me.

Funnily enough, I thought his call of the GCS-Rich game was actually his best that I can recall. Toned down so much of the really aggravating bullshit. Cut down on the boy oh boy, the footy factory, the general dumb crap. Much better than his usual offerings.

Still not great, but so much better than his normal suicide-watch-inducers.

Was going to post the same thing. He was actually really good on Saturday night and back to how he commentated in his fox footy days. Just called the play and added a bit of character without being an out and out fu ckwit.

WHHAAATTTT????? BT never got Matt Shaw and Aaron Hall mixed up all game for the first time ever and they sack him?

Seriously though...Please God let this be true. He's a dill.

2nd worst commentator behind Dwayne Russell, as much as people love to berate Bruce and Dennis, they're the best in the game by miles. The entire Fox Footy panel barring Anthony Hudson is laughably bad.
Bruce... really... you just said Bruce was one of the best in the game...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BT was good on Triple M when he had similar folks to bounce banter off. Actually he was good on TV back in the Channel 9 Sunday arvo games. Sure, it wasn't everyone's cup of tea, but the Triple M team was (and still is) very good at the style of commentary they try to deliver. Furthermore, you always have multiple options for radio so you can switch it over to amore subdued 3AW, ABC, SEN coverage (not those clowns at 5AA or K-rock though)

He doesn't work well on TV because he a) the guys he works with aren't funny (Richo has a dry sense of self-deprecating humour that is pleasant, but it's not outwardly funny) and b) there are no alternative commentary feeds so you are stuck with BT.

BT was great a few years ago, he's the worst now. The whole 7 team is terrible.
Funnily enough, when he stopped working for Fox and went over to Channel 7...

BT was great a few years ago, he's the worst now. The whole 7 team is terrible.

He was actually good before the move to 3AW/C7 - when he replaced Rex it was like he also had to "replace Rex", and he started acting like a complete idiot in his call

BT was good on Triple M when he had similar folks to bounce banter off. Actually he was good on TV back in the Channel 9 Sunday arvo games. Sure, it wasn't everyone's cup of tea, but the Triple M team was (and still is) very good at the style of commentary they try to deliver. Furthermore, you always have multiple options for radio so you can switch it over to amore subdued 3AW, ABC, SEN coverage (not those clowns at 5AA or K-rock though)

He doesn't work well on TV because he a) the guys he works with aren't funny (Richo has a dry sense of self-deprecating humour that is pleasant, but it's not outwardly funny) and b) there are no alternative commentary feeds so you are stuck with BT.

Yeah BT brayshaw and Lyon were great on TripleM back in the day. Then it seemed he got too big for his boots and just became annoying.

If this is true i will definitely not miss him explaining which way the ball will go when taking a shot at goal only for the kick to do the exact opposite.

He-Man.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back