Aussies Brisbane 2032 - What sports should be included?

Remove this Banner Ad

Does LA have the infrastructure for a Cricket tournament?
Not yet, but if all goes to plan they'll have an international venue there within the next few years as part of the upcoming Major League Cricket comp.

If baseball/softball is, cricket should be in it.

I don't think Baseball should be in it either, the US team being made up of minor leaguers makes it a bit of a joke if you ask me. Don't mind softball being there but would the IOC have softball exclusively?

Does LA have the infrastructure for a Cricket tournament?

Personally don't think Cricket should be anywhere near the olympics, nor netball or rugby league.
It will they are building grounds for the new professional league and it’s Cricket USA who are the ones leading the charge to get cricket into the Olympics

Not sure if Futsal has been mentioned. Popular all over the world by both genders, and it would be the pinnacle event for the sport.

why not add afl? if the yanks get to add baseball, we should get to add footy.

and cricket should absolutely be an olympic sport. many more countries play t20 professionally than crap like baseball.

Because afl is only played in one country.

Woodchopping in. Ladies too, if they want in.

Walking, BMX, Skateboarding, Rhythmic Gymnastics, Synchronised Anything out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The US are pushing for a variant of gridiron in, if they get that in for LA then I will be all aboard the AFL getting in

NFL has huge international audience. Also, just off top of my head Canada & Mexico are huge into versions of game, not to mention old euro league. Afl has Nauru - that's it

NFL has huge international audience. Also, just off top of my head Canada & Mexico are huge into versions of game, not to mention old euro league. Afl has Nauru - that's it
Doesn't make it fair. Major sports being in the Olympics need to have multiple countries legitimately into it. Canada and Mexico kinda liking gridiron doesn't cut it.

Doesn't make it fair. Major sports being in the Olympics need to have multiple countries legitimately into it. Canada and Mexico kinda liking gridiron doesn't cut it.

Well probably not going to happen for concussion issues but the audience it would capture would mean networks would push for it. Can't compare to afl which is small time

Lol a failed comp in Europe and a comp that is a similar but not the same in the CFL doesn’t cut it. Nobody seriously suggested AFL but with the absurdity of some sports wanting inclusion it’s starting to sound half reasonable

Lol a failed comp in Europe and a comp that is a similar but not the same in the CFL doesn’t cut it. Nobody seriously suggested AFL but with the absurdity of some sports wanting inclusion it’s starting to sound half reasonable

NFL would increase bottom line for Olympics. Several posters have suggested afl as candidate

NFL would increase bottom line for Olympics. Several posters have suggested afl as candidate
No way it would as there is no competition. Nobody outside of the US would care. Even the US would struggle to care as NFL teams aren’t going to release players to play against a bunch of no hopers and risk injury

lol, only me, as a satirical joke.

nfl in the olympics is a joke. one countries number 1 national spectator sport, vs a couple countries who kinda play it and the rest who just enjoy watching it. its barely more international than afl. probably less given how close gaelic is to footy.

No way it would as there is no competition. Nobody outside of the US would care. Even the US would struggle to care as NFL teams aren’t going to release players to play against a bunch of no hopers and risk injury

Best college players & future NFL stars. Deals with NBC etc are big drivers behind the games. NFL has huge following throughout the world - please don't compare to afl

lol, only me, as a satirical joke.

nfl in the olympics is a joke. one countries number 1 national spectator sport, vs a couple countries who kinda play it and the rest who just enjoy watching it. its barely more international than afl. probably less given how close gaelic is to footy.

Ha - cfl & NFL closer than afl & gaelic football. University american football is huge in Mexico. Point I'm making is that even NFL is far more international than afl.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back