Votes: 28 11.2%
  • Brad Scott

Votes: 14 5.6%
  • Other

Votes: 85 34.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Not a coaches A - hole but. Was terrible at the Glenelg Football Club in the early 2000's and did SFA as a line manager under Neil Craig from 2003-2009

Good footy director and administrator as he excelled in that area but he's not your next coach.

BTW - Neither is Scott Camporeale and this isn't me being negative to keep them. They just wouldn't suit your needs. Campo isn't a developer of young talent, he needs a more senior type player around him to follow and implement his complicated system.

Any idea why his name is being mentioned then? If that is all true then surely the higher ups would know and wouldn't even be mentioned

A lot of it is Leppitch fault hasn't got the game plan right to suit our players.Poor foot skills and a mozzy fleet but he tries possession footy from back line for constant turnovers.Play fast running football like in the wet against Hawthorn and we are competitive. Sooner we are rid of him the better

A lot of it is Leppitch fault hasn't got the game plan right to suit our players.Poor foot skills and a mozzy fleet but he tries possession footy from back line for constant turnovers.Play fast running football like in the wet against Hawthorn and we are competitive. Sooner we are rid of him the better
You've confused me. Hasn't the fast running football been what we've tried to play in most of the games this year.

You've confused me. Hasn't the fast running football been what we've tried to play in most of the games this year.
Game plan for his first two years was straight from Richmond playbook chip the ball around and try to keep possession. This year we have tried to play faster running football once we get out of defence but continually turn the ball over before going on the attack with poor skill errors,to be the most heavily scored against from turnovers in the comp.I think we are at our most dangerous trying to run the ball from deep in defence in a wave quickly before opposition get defence set.Not a couple of slow possessions then go off halfback against a defence that has time to setup.

Game plan for his first two years was straight from Richmond playbook chip the ball around and try to keep possession. This year we have tried to play faster running football once we get out of defence but continually turn the ball over before going on the attack with poor skill errors,to be the most heavily scored against from turnovers in the comp.I think we are at our most dangerous trying to run the ball from deep in defence in a wave quickly before opposition get defence set.Not a couple of slow possessions then go off halfback against a defence that has time to setup.
Which gets into the development side of things. If we were developing some of these young players like we should have been there would have been fewer turnovers and at the least a more competitive side.

I
Which gets into the development side of things. If we were developing some of these young players like we should have been there would have been fewer turnovers and at the least a more competitive side.
I agree who has improved under leppa?We should be sounding out a proven development coach like Sanderson did brilliantly at Geelong with young list (Bartel,Stevie j,Enright,Ablett etc) then did the same at Crows Tex,vanberlo Danger made finals as young team and all improved under his watch. Coaching under 18 squad at the moment ideal for our young team

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i know JT, just a bit of humor, we need all we can get ATM.

All good.

I think Ratten would be an amazing get for the Lions.

Your list isn't nearly as bad as it is performing. Plethora of promising talls at both ends, some elite mids. Add a few more high draft picks, hopefully trade in some experience and a strong system (Ratten) and I think you guys could turn it around quickly.

The conspiracy theorist in me made me watch his response a few times. When the Lions was raised in the segment I watched him the whole time actually however when he was asked directly it was an indifferent response, asked for the Q again and laughed it off whilst saying no and then changed the subject pretty quickly. As I said, the conspiracy theorist in me.
I'll add to this and say after watching it myself, his voice was a little off. Wasn't speaking clearly at all and had to clear the throat
But what colour mouthguard was he wearing.

A friend with a source close to the club has told me that Ratten is target no. 1, followed by Sanderson.
If we get Ratten if be shocked, not unhappy at all just shocked as I thought the word was 100% not leaving Melbourne. Maybe he could room with Schwab and coach remotely :)

A friend with a source close to the club has told me that Ratten is target no. 1, followed by Sanderson.

If true then I'd be worried about Sanderson being in the mix. The issues he was reported to have had with player and staff relationships at Adelaide are exactly the sort of thing the Lions can't afford over the next couple of years. He does seem to have accepted some mistakes he made during his time there and his recent development experience with the AFL Academy would be valuable but it would be pretty risky to go with him in my opinion.

not a fan of Sanderson in the head coach role but wouldn't mind either him or Brendan McCartney as the head of player development.
Best option Sanderson reasonably successful in head coach role ( crows finals)developed young list at Geelong as an assistant coach successfully and working as development coach atm.McCartney not even on radar had the cattle at the Dogs and was poor,Bev came in and turned it around with no list changes in his first year after being appointed late and losing captain Griffen.

If we get Ratten if be shocked, not unhappy at all just shocked as I thought the word was 100% not leaving Melbourne. Maybe he could room with Schwab and coach remotely :)
Can someone explain exactly what Schwab is doing for the Lions living in Melbourne?
Remote input?

Can someone explain exactly what Schwab is doing for the Lions living in Melbourne?
Remote input?
Working with player managers (of both Lions players and any potential targets from other clubs), and working as a talent scout for the draft perhaps? Seems appropriate to me that he would be based in Melbourne.

Working with player managers (of both Lions players and any potential targets from other clubs), and working as a talent scout for the draft perhaps? Seems appropriate to me that he would be based in Melbourne.
I was told he went back to Melbourne because of conflict between him & other members of staff ?

Back