Strategy Brisbane Lions Coaching and Staff Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is absolute horseshit mate. Pure imagination. Again, no one is revelling in the fact that we probably have to move our best player on for pissweak compensation.

You are mistaking absolute certainty that he needs to move on as revelling or "cheering as he walks out the door". It's no different to your absolute certainty earlier in the year that Leppa had to go.

Perhaps you are ignoring it mate or choosing not to see it, as you're on the other side of the fence on this one. I know several other posters who share my opinion, the fact you are labeling my opinion as 'horse s**t' and 'pure imagination' makes me think you're just not being reasonable on this one. So probley best we just leave it.

I often raise sources? and rumors? Ive advocated it as fair. I dont have an issue with that, its others who often demand rumors be left out of it. Im happy with the new rules.

Jesus you are really spinning things wildly to suit your narrative now. Who is "demanding that rumours be left out of it"? There are people who choose not to disclose particular information but that is hardly the same thing is it?

The most pertinent part in the link I pasted was your quote about you being happy to reach firm conclusions on Leppitsch based on behind the scenes information you have received. The same thing you are condemning others for doing with Rockliff.

If you're going on a hypocrisy crusade, you may want to get your own house in order first.

Perhaps you are ignoring it mate or choosing not to see it, as you're on the other side of the fence on this one.

As are you.

You yourself claimed to not seeing any emotive or degrading stuff about Leppitsch... Maybe you ignored it or chose not to see it? Again... Hypocrisy crusade.

Jesus you are really spinning things wildly to suit your narrative now. Who is "demanding that rumours be left out of it"? There are people who choose not to disclose particular information but that is hardly the same thing is it?

The most pertinent part in the link I pasted was your quote about you being happy to reach firm conclusions on Leppitsch based on behind the scenes information you have received. The same thing you are condemning others for doing with Rockliff.

If you're going on a hypocrisy crusade, you may want to get your own house in order first.

Mate, im saying in the past when I have raised rumors - some posters have demanded links to articles, or that I disclose sources or its off the table? I am saying same rules dont apply here.

I am also happy to let people take rumors to reach their conclusion on Rocky, AGAIN, ill say it again, it is the language and casual and degredation of his character 'based on rumors'.. not wanting him gone, that I dont like.

Hypocrisy crusade? Its an opinion mate, i havent used flipant language degrading anyone at club that I can re-call? Lol.. ive struck a nerve here, its not even aimed at you, not sure if youre feeling overtly touchy on this issue or what?

Mate, im saying in the past when I have raised rumors - some posters have demanded links to articles, or that I disclose sources or its off the table? I am saying same rules dont apply here.

Plenty of people have demanded TBD reveal his sources or more info that would reveal his sources. How is that different? You didn't post your's, he didn't post his.

I am also happy to let people take rumors to reach their conclusion on Rocky, AGAIN, ill say it again, it is the language and casual and degredation of his character 'based on rumors'.. not wanting him gone, that I dont like.

Hypocrisy crusade? Its an opinion mate, i havent used flipant language degrading anyone at club that I can re-call? Lol.. ive struck a nerve here, its not even aimed at you, not sure if youre feeling overtly touchy on this issue or what?

Where is this widespread "flippant" degradation of Rockliff?

As for assessments of his character, well unfortunately the nature of various incidents cannot be separated from character, so it's pretty much unavoidable.

If the questions about Leppitsch's future were character based rather than being about competence then you would have seen similar. You're looking for hypocrisy from two very different situations.

I don't care who it is aimed at by the way, nor am I touchy. You made a highly contentious claim, and it is being subjected to contention.

Plenty of people have demanded TBD reveal his sources or more info that would reveal his sources. How is that different? You didn't post your's, he didn't post his.

Im lost on this part of the argument. I like the way TBD operates with info he gets, I often ask for tips on things going on at the club.

Im saying in the past, people have said ' no rumors allowed in arguments, get a link to an article.. or no point taken', I couldn't count the amount of times ive had to dig for a link to legitimise an opinion or a rumor ive heard.. good example was 'Leppa not wanting schwab as his senior assistant', plenty of smoke, mentioned by journos, hinted at.. but disallowed as a comment as 'not proven', which is good really.. its almost an unwritten law. Now that most are cool to run with the rumors around rocky, i was joking, it will be interesting when I or other posters try and apply the same rules, 'rumors are evidence' to someone we want gone or something we want changed - it could get messy.

Im not demanding TBD tell us his sources, he was ahead of the curve on this rocky blowup, its just, bar that tweet, rockys public record is clean.. which makes this odd for me.

Im lost on this part of the argument. I like the way TBD operates with info he gets, I often ask for tips on things going on at the club.

Im saying in the past, people have said ' no rumors allowed in arguments, get a link to an article.. or no point taken', I couldn't count the amount of times ive had to dig for a link to legitimise an opinion or a rumor ive heard.. good example was 'Leppa not wanting schwab as his senior assistant', plenty of smoke, mentioned by journos, hinted at.. but disallowed as a comment as 'not proven', which is good really.. its almost an unwritten law. Now that most are cool to run with the rumors around rocky, i was joking, it will be interesting when I or other posters try and apply the same rules, 'rumors are evidence' to someone we want gone or something we want changed - it could get messy.

Im not demanding TBD tell us his sources, he was ahead of the curve on this rocky blowup, its just, bar that tweet, rockys public record is clean.. which makes this odd for me.

The entire trade period, the Lions' media statements, the entire year of journalists surrounding Rockliff because of off-field issues ... that would be the dossier you should try to dig up from the depths of the internet.

I think the problem is that you're painting the whole board as a single mass.

There's plenty of people on here who have doubted the Rocky stories. There's others that think there's something there but don't want to offload him.

There's plenty of people on here who wanted Leppa gone due to stories they'd heard. There were others who wanted to give him more time to prove himself.

The board isn't a monolithic structure. If someone posted that something was "not proven" or that they wanted sources on the Leppa posts, that was their view. Same as on Rocky. You're arguing there's hypocrisy because the board has multiple views, and you're cherrypicking views to make it seem like it - except those views could've been made by entirely different people.

Any chance we can flip the Rockliff sniping to one of the Rockliff threads? We have 2 of them. Or alternately take the back and forth "you said - no but you said" stuff to a private forum? I'm interested in reading about the coaching staff etc. but skimming through the back and forth between a few posters is kind of tedious.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im saying in the past, people have said ' no rumors allowed in arguments, get a link to an article.. or no point taken', I couldn't count the amount of times ive had to dig for a link to legitimise an opinion or a rumor ive heard.. good example was 'Leppa not wanting schwab as his senior assistant', plenty of smoke, mentioned by journos, hinted at.. but disallowed as a comment as 'not proven', which is good really.. its almost an unwritten law. .

You don't think I've been copping the exact same stuff? Nothing has changed there at all. I have copped plenty of "put up or shut up" type stuff. You seem to think you're a victim of some double standard but the standard seems identical to me?

Any chance we can flip the Rockliff sniping to one of the Rockliff threads? We have 2 of them. Or alternately take the back and forth "you said - no but you said" stuff to a private forum? I'm interested in reading about the coaching staff etc. but skimming through the back and forth between a few posters is kind of tedious.

Fair .. this defs aint about coaching and we had an announcement today.

I suppose this discussion came from the fact that Jed is returning and he was the former captain and whether Rocky would be uncomfortable with that (or the club may be).

I suppose this discussion came from the fact that Jed is returning and he was the former captain and whether Rocky would be uncomfortable with that (or the club may be).

Not at all, I hear we are having a former captains club next year..

Or is that the club saying "it ain't a fire sale guys... if you want him, offer us something decent"

I'm reading it as it is written... as we know expectations can change. Any player under a big contract is going to be hard to offload especially when they become free agents in 12 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back