Analysis Brownlow Night

Remove this Banner Ad

Or that they're a little jealous?

i'm not sure. It could be that dave mundy was moved aside to make fyfe captain. The figjam parallels with buckley might be similar. I never thought buckley thought he was figjam but there were a lot of people surrounding the club misread how driven he was and I think many were a bit jealous and thought he was up himself. The same might apply to Fyfe who came into the captaincy with high standards/goals and was pretty serious about it. It might have turned a few off. He doesnt strike me as one of the boys.

And because of who he is, l mean getting BOG votes from umpires, where your side has actually lost the game.
Not sure why you see this as any problem. BOG is BOG. If your side lost but you are the best player on the ground you get the 3 votes

Not sure why you see this as any problem. BOG is BOG. If your side lost but you are the best player on the ground you get the 3 votes

Funny thing was he wasn't the best player on the ground in any of those games. He got minimal votes in 2 of the games from the coaches and no votes in the other. Go figure what the umpires actually see.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back