Bruce Springsteen

Remove this Banner Ad

Shifty1

Club Legend
Aug 1, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Massive fan as well - waiting for the day that a tour to Australia gets announced but I'd probably be willing to fly anywhere to see him in concert.

Favourite songs (not in order):

- Leah
- Long Time Comin'
- Blinded by the Light
- Hungry Heart
- Someday We'll Be Together
- Jungleland
- Thunder Road
- The Promised Land
- Born to Run
- Lucky Town
- The River

Awesome, awesome artist.

JimDocker

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 16, 2007
Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Doncaster Rovers, Boston Celtics
Neil Young is my favourite artist of all time, but Bruce is the only other that I have similar admiration for. His credibility has never wavered and that is not common.

A genuine legend.

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Massive fan as well - waiting for the day that a tour to Australia gets announced but I'd probably be willing to fly anywhere to see him in concert.

Favourite songs (not in order):

- Leah
- Long Time Comin'
- Blinded by the Light
- Hungry Heart
- Someday We'll Be Together
- Jungleland
- Thunder Road
- The Promised Land
- Born to Run
- Lucky Town
- The River

Awesome, awesome artist.

Yeah I'm the same. I'd probably pay over a grand to see him. Spewing I wasn't into him that much when he was here in 03

I'm glad other people like him as much as me. He is amazing. Jungleland is the greatest song I have ever heard and will ever hear.

Shifty, Manfred Mann's version of Blinded By The Light is much better IMO, I don't mind Bruce's acoustic one though.

Do you guys have the Darkness Box set? WOWWWWWWWWWWWW

Jim, he is very modest as well. The fame never got to his head and he said he has not played one note for the money, he's so ****ing cool too.

[YOUTUBE]-PTJHhUeAfc[/YOUTUBE]

Have not heard a better cover anywhere than Higher and Higher.

[YOUTUBE]DytO5K0rPu8[/YOUTUBE]

RIP C.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

raskolnikov

Cancelled
10k Posts 30k Posts Wordler Werewolf Player Essendon Player Sponsor 2021 - Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti and Archie Perkins Essendon Player Sponsor 2020 Essendon Player Sponsor 2019 Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds
Apr 1, 2002
Cap Coast
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Gold Coast Suns
Love the Boss.:thumbsu:(Not as much as Elton, Van, Dylan or Neil though)

Favourite Song:

[YOUTUBE]6vQpW9XRiyM&ob[/YOUTUBE]

Ron The Bear

Up yer arse, AFL
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Backstreets
Brilliant Disguise
Badlands
Tenth Avenue Freeze Out
Wreck On The Highway
Dancing In The Dark
Hungry Heart
Atlantic City
Stolen Car
Sandy

And Born To Run of course, but that'd be wasting one. It is to Bruce what Bohemian Rhapsody is to Queen.

I really should give the newer stuff another try.

Jun 23, 2008
Headed for Kirribilli House
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Norwood, Everton, Detroit Red Wings
One of my favourites

[youtube]RMB3M43AEpc[/youtube]

IMO, the greatest song of all time.

I like him and am going to devote some energy in discovering his back catalogues.:thumbsu:

I think you can buy his first seven studio albums (generally considered his best work, although it's all quality) as a box set at JB Hi-Fi for about $50.

Ron The Bear

Up yer arse, AFL
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Ron, how ****ing amazing is Backstreets? It goes without saying really. A masterpiece of a song.

The Rising & Magic are great albums.

Such an evocative song. Live versions are usually better than the studio track.

Hammersmith Odeon '75 version. The DVD that came with the Born To Run 30th anniversary box is the single greatest music video I own.

[YOUTUBE]wqZPGT0TsZ8[/YOUTUBE]

Ron The Bear

Up yer arse, AFL
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Do you guys have the Darkness Box set? WOWWWWWWWWWWWW

I don't buy much music these days, mainly comprehensive collections or packages which offer something a bit different. That set is just superb - of a standard that others should aspire to.

Oct 5, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Rochester FC, Waroona FC, Pacers
Love the great man. At the moment, really digging "Loose Change," "One Step Up," "Independence Day" and "Growin' Up." He's a truly brilliant artist.

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Such an evocative song. Live versions are usually better than the studio track.

Hammersmith Odeon '75 version. The DVD that came with the Born To Run 30th anniversary box is the single greatest music video I own.

[youtube]wqZPGT0TsZ8[/youtube]

I like the later versions of Backstreets. Sure, this and the one on the Darkness/River/BIT USA Tours are good, but I LOVE the version from the NYC DVD, and from the WOAD Tour.

Hold tight guys, my top (favourite) 60 shall begin today...

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
61) Murder Incorporated

So the comfort that you keep's a gold-plated, snub-nosed .32

Not quite sure why this doesn’t get more plays. It is a real belter, pumps you up, would be a great show opener. Would have been right at home on Darkness. Has you rocking from go to woe. Bruce leaves nobody behind on this and you’re taken on a six minute power ride, and there is no time for stopping.

This was initially recorded back in 1982 with the Born In The USA sessions, but did not see an official release until the release of greatest hits in 1995. From the get go it sounds like classic Springsteen. The thud of Max’s drums, followed with the intro of the guitars. The organs feature prominently too.

And for the next six minutes, you feel compelled to tap your foot to the beat and fill with anger, because let’s face it, this song doesn’t exactly put a smile on your face. That’s not to say songs need to have a happy vibe about them to enjoy them. The sax solo feels like it’s just been shoved in for the sake of it. But somehow Bruce managed to make it work. Nils’ wows us with a blistering solo before the bridge and we are treated to one final verse and raspy Bruce belts out a “I could tell you were just frustrated livin with Murder Incoporated.” Bruce struts his stuff and nearly sets his guitar on fire, Stevie throws a punch back (much like the Saint duel at Hammersmith), but Bruce shows why he’s Boss.

Before you know it that six minutes is up and you still feel full of energy and want to continue the fist up as if you were in the pit, even though you’re sitting down at home.

[YOUTUBE]rRiDRF48FpM[/YOUTUBE]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back