Movie Bruno

Remove this Banner Ad

Not as clever as Borat. It relied mostly on crude stunts and shock value. But it was still very funny.

Funniest moment for me was at the beginning where he pours the champagne out of his boyfriend. (That's the only way I am going to describe it.) Couldn't stop laughing.

The scene at the psychic was hilarious and totally wrong.

As for the last scene, the cage match pash scene, predictable but very funny. I saw Sacha Baron Cohen on Letterman during the week, he was talking about the cage match scene and said that one of the audience members actually climbed over the fence and got into the ring. I was expecting to see this in the film but it wasn't in it. I wonder what happened.

Anyway, not a great film, but a good time.

I love his interviews as himself as well.

[youtube]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RjP8AypZCgE&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RjP8AypZCgE&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/youtube]

[youtube]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ltyFdjO-KWU&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ltyFdjO-KWU&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Wasn't in the same league as Ali G or Borat. The best of the movie can be seen in the trailer and any talk show interview. Relied too much on shock value.

I laughed, but mainly in disbelief and didn't really enjoy it.

Thought it was fantastic and rated it ahead of Borat

+1

Don't understand why some people here are talking it down. Thought it was hilarious.

I guess if you find homosexuality uncomfortable, it mightn't be a good film for you because it is quite crude at times. But i'm a sick kent and found that stuff funny:D

Liked it better than Borat, the shots at celebrity culture and fashion were absolutely hilarious.

****ing disgusting though, but awesome.

Yeh, if you wanted to see that again, you would have to question your sexuality lol.

I liked it more than Borat, thought Borat was boring. I know who and what hes having a dig at, it just aint funny. I think Borat tried to be to clever.

Bruno really works off shock value, but is very clever in it's own right.

[YOUTUBE]LazrAzBP_0I[/YOUTUBE]

I just felt a lot of the stuff from the show was a lot better than the movie. Just like the gay converter scene here compared to the one in the movie was about 10 X funnier.

Went in expecting nothing though and got some good laughs.

[youtube]LazrAzBP_0I[/youtube]

I just felt a lot of the stuff from the show was a lot better than the movie. Just like the gay converter scene here compared to the one in the movie was about 10 X funnier.

Went in expecting nothing though and got some good laughs.
Yeh the show had the college kids shouting for "Gay Austrian TV" and the Gun show where Bruno conned the guy into secretly talking about lathering his hole and gun...

Anyone know where I can find a torrent of this? I am frothing to see it but it's not out here yet and even if it is released here it will be the watered down version. I've been checking mininova and Pirate Bay for weeks but nothing as yet. If anyone can help then please PM me. Thx

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Highly recommended. Hilarious.

And 'that' scene still has me in stiches.

What do you mean by 'that' scene? The finale?

The bit that made me lose my s**t the most was
the focus group part, with all the hardcore doof and Bruno-dancing, I was already piossing myself, but when that swinging dong came on, and the little peehole opened up and screamed at the audience, I seriously just lost it, couldn't stop laughing for about 20 minutes

About 15 people walked out half way through the movie though. Lady in front of us brought a kid in who was no older than 10. They stuck it out though. Bless 'em.

The finale was s**t IMO.

And yeah that hidden part you wrote was THE scene. I had tears rtolling down my face. Likewise about 5 people left my cinema also

Problem with the finale was that I'd already read about it. So I kind of knew what was coming.

The "scene" we are talking about was just completely unexpected, and I seriously just never pictured him doing anything that blatantly insane. I lost it.

Also loved the
Mexican chair people, with Paula Abdul explaining how hel;ping people less fortunate is her "everything, and you get back what you give tenfold" whilst sitting on an immigrant like a couch

Yeah that scene rebuts all those who claim Bruno is just a joke about gays. It satrises celebrity worship culture and their hypocrisy. He seems to be saying how this queer eye stuff that is representative of 'gayness' is just superficial garbage.

And there are plenty of but secks jokes aswell

4/5 imo.

favourite part would be the hunting scene around that camp fire lmao ...... awkward silence ................

Re: Bruno - Longest movie title ever?

I went to see the movie this morning and there were so many parents who brought their 5-10 year old kids along with them to see this movie. Wouldve been very awkward for them. Some parents are just *ed :thumbsdown:

Yeah that's one thing I notice too! I caught a 9:30pm session and there were a lot of parents there with young kids... WTF?!?!?!

Found it pretty funny, Borat was better. Loved when he told the pastor that he had "blowjob lips".

Seriously, LOL @ anyone who takes their kids. You can't be serious!!

One of my fav scenes (Highlight to reveal)
Bruno meets dominatrix, gets whipped, tries to strip him, meanwhile her basketballs nearly knock him out

a few LOL moments.....but overall a bit crap. Cohen reckons he was trying satarise homophobia but I think he actually made gay people look bad instead. No mean feat. Seemed all too contrived in the end for me. But some good funny moments, with a lot of average ones.

a few LOL moments.....but overall a bit crap. Cohen reckons he was trying satarise homophobia but I think he actually made gay people look bad instead. No mean feat. Seemed all too contrived in the end for me. But some good funny moments, with a lot of average ones.

That's a pretty good summation of the movie, except about the homophobia angel, I think he satirised it perfectly by pointing out how many people truly believe all homo's act like Bruno.

There were definitely some bland moments though, but the highlights more than made up for it. I still can't get over "the scene" - I literally can't believe someone put that in a movie and got away with it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back