Bulletproof® Lifestyle / BP coffee etc...

Remove this Banner Ad

So I got my bulletproof coffee today from optimoz. There is some weird contraption in a little box. However, the box and instructions are all in Chinese. Any idea what this is?

Think that could be the manual hand grinder. Did you order that though?

My first bulletproof coffee down. I really liked it. Does it matter how much coffee you use? It said to use two scoop but I only used one and that was strong enough for me.

My first bulletproof coffee down. I really liked it. Does it matter how much coffee you use? It said to use two scoop but I only used one and that was strong enough for me.
Do what works for you, everyone is different and it takes a few goes to get it right. Different butters will produce different textures as well. I like mine with either Woolies Homebrand or Western Star Unsalted, cultured butter.

Do what works for you, everyone is different and it takes a few goes to get it right. Different butters will produce different textures as well. I like mine with either Woolies Homebrand or Western Star Unsalted, cultured butter.

Cheers. I used Woolies Homebrand unsalted.

Anyone know anything about this? Its on the bulletproof site.

SMART-CAFFEINE-L-theanine-for-focused-energy_large.png

• SMART CAFFEINE™ is a highly effective combination of L-theanine and Caffeine. L-theanine is a natural amino acid found in green tea that removes the undesirable side effects of Caffeine, creating long-lasting energy and attention without jitters, anxiety, or a crash commonly experience with low quality coffee.
    The benefits include:
    • Increased focus and alertness

• Improved cognitive function

• Enhanced short-term memory retention

• More ability to ignore distractions

• No overstimulation
    SMART CAFFEINE™ creates a relaxed yet alert state that is ideal for focusing and thinking clearly.

Users typically experience effects for 3 - 6 hours. One bottle of SMART CAFFEINE contains 60 capsules.
http://www.optimoz.com.au/products/smart-caffeine-natural-stacks

Anyone know anything about this? Its on the bulletproof site.

SMART-CAFFEINE-L-theanine-for-focused-energy_large.png

• SMART CAFFEINE™ is a highly effective combination of L-theanine and Caffeine. L-theanine is a natural amino acid found in green tea that removes the undesirable side effects of Caffeine, creating long-lasting energy and attention without jitters, anxiety, or a crash commonly experience with low quality coffee.
    The benefits include:
    • Increased focus and alertness

• Improved cognitive function

• Enhanced short-term memory retention

• More ability to ignore distractions

• No overstimulation
    SMART CAFFEINE™ creates a relaxed yet alert state that is ideal for focusing and thinking clearly.

Users typically experience effects for 3 - 6 hours. One bottle of SMART CAFFEINE contains 60 capsules.
http://www.optimoz.com.au/products/smart-caffeine-natural-stacks

It's just like having a cup of coffee & green tea in a pill.
L-Theanine is in green tea hence my green tea chaser after my morning BP coffee.
And I feel good for hours.

It would be good before fasting HIIT

I added two small eggs from our home raised chooks to my BP coffee this morning.
You wouldn't even noticed the eggs where added.
For some reason I pictured clumps of partly cooked eggs floating around in my cup but no such thing.
Eggs add some amino acids to the morning brew plus some more nutrients!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If eggs are ok in the morning then why am i holding out to midday before eating my HB ones?

Also, ablett - what do you think of this course

http://functionaldiagnosticnutrition.com/

There's is some opinions/beliefs from certain so called experts that the amino acids in the eggs may/can spike insulin n break the fast so that's why they recommend to hold off eating eggs til later in the day.
When we 1st wake up the hormone cortisol is high, it breaks down fatty acids for energy use, if eggs do spike insulin & you eat them early morn then cortisol is replaced by insulin & you change from burning fat to storing it.
That role of cortisol upon rising is scientifically proven.
So another benefit of fasting & not eating breakfast is you don't interfere with cortisol , or if you do consume something make sure it doesn't spike insulin so cortisol can still do it's job, that's the beauty of BP coffee!

If eggs are ok in the morning then why am i holding out to midday before eating my HB ones?

Also, ablett - what do you think of this course

http://functionaldiagnosticnutrition.com/

Re nutrition course, there's a lot of similar courses around that would all have there pros n cons, I'm sure you'd learn something from all of them, Holistic health Coach has some good merits too.
Are you aiming to have a wellness clinic as such one day?

The health industry is a good sector to invest in because it will only keep growing as people do!
There will always be overweight & poor health people around.

There's is some opinions/beliefs from certain so called experts that the amino acids in the eggs may/can spike insulin n break the fast so that's why they recommend to hold off eating eggs til later in the day.
When we 1st wake up the hormone cortisol is high, it breaks down fatty acids for energy use, if eggs do spike insulin & you eat them early morn then cortisol is replaced by insulin & you change from burning fat to storing it.
That role of cortisol upon rising is scientifically proven.
So another benefit of fasting & not eating breakfast is you don't interfere with cortisol , or if you do consume something make sure it doesn't spike insulin so cortisol can still do it's job, that's the beauty of BP coffee!

So does that mean the protein from the eggs would break the fast? And if so wouldn't it be a good idea to consume just the yolks as they contain all the fat and save the egg whites for later on in the day (not that I have ever separated an egg in my life)?

So does that mean the protein from the eggs would break the fast? And if so wouldn't it be a good idea to consume just the yolks as they contain all the fat and save the egg whites for later on in the day (not that I have ever separated an egg in my life)?

No because 50% of an eggs protein content is in the yolk & 50% in the white.

Yeah or at the start of the day!
Funny because last week I did a 4 day fast with only MCT and green tea, on the third night i thought for something different i would have 30ml MCT before bed (along the lines of the honey trick) worst thing i ever done as i didnt get to sleep until around half 5 and then had to get back up at 6.30

Funny because last week I did a 4 day fast with only MCT and green tea, on the third night i thought for something different i would have 30ml MCT before bed (along the lines of the honey trick) worst thing i ever done as i didnt get to sleep until around half 5 and then had to get back up at 6.30
30ml MCT!!! Did you Shart the bed all night!!!

Dose anyone experience a stomach like there is a fire burning while drinking BP?

Mine has been doing it a bit lately.
Would it be the MTC, butter or coffee?

Longer taps Savage Goal. Centimetre perfect by the Saints from the boundary 50m out!

Dose anyone experience a stomach like there is a fire burning while drinking BP?

Mine has been doing it a bit lately.
Would it be the MTC, butter or coffee?

Longer taps Savage Goal. Centimetre perfect by the Saints from the boundary 50m out!

That's your metabolism burning fat!

Nah never had stomach issues tbh.

Some people take betaine HCL tabs with there BP coffee to aid digestion n any stomach issues.
Try boiling water instead of metho!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back