Caddy packing his bags

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Deep breaths Iva. Calm blue ocean. ;)

Meditation later tonight :thumbsu:

I just can't understand the mentality of some people constantly offering up rubbish trade deals or quoting opinion as fact, like " he has nominated Essendon" :rolleyes: when quite clearly the club has stand its position.

Let me make it simple, to get Caddy you will need to either
  • Top 10 pick (potentially cats compo as an exception
    Quality player in your clubs top 10-15
If it doesn't have this then don't bother posting it

Im not saying we are going to do any of this, lol, if its one thing all these threads tell us its everyone has very little idea, but its what we have to do if we want him. Probably Bellchambers to coll for a firsty if i had to throw one out there...or Dempsey.
Bellchambers could be worth that... not a bad piece of candy there.

Reading between the lines of what Ashcroft and GC have said recently and given what occurred last year, i think it would be an accurate assumption to presume he has already nominated Essendon.

What has Ashcroft said that would make you presume that Caddy has nominated Essendon?

To me Caddy may well become an elite player but based on output it is still a highly speculative pickup. To trade a number one ruck or someone of equal importance to our systems and structure in Dempsey. It kind of defeats the purpose of bringing in Caddy if we were to trade Dempsey in the deal. He is a quality runner and user of the pill, something we don't have in abundance. Caddy will not get to Essendon unless either GC relent abit on their compensation or Essendon trades something they shouldn't.

Reading between the lines of what Ashcroft and GC have said recently and given what occurred last year, i think it would be an accurate assumption to presume he has already nominated Essendon.

Some one will crack, Essendon, GC or Caddy.

All parties have had 12 months to come up with some kind of solution so it'll be interesting to see what is thrown up.
Yeah, i dont know where everyone is getting the vibe he has nominated Essendon from, the thought is clearly aggravating some so im bailing after this post. I believe you have to give some to get some, and yes they are important, but Caddy i think is a gem, and that is why their is so much tension regarding his compensation.
Like i said, no one knows whats going on. Only time will tell... Lets hope 'Heppellicious' doesn't run into supernova or Iva anytime soon :S...could result in a supernova. CATCHYA

If and it's a big if, the Bombers decided they could offer local QLD lad Dempsey and he was happy to come, that would do it for me. He would be great for the Suns running of a back flank opposite Harbrow. Perfect experience and age for our list. Don't think it will happen, but one can dream. Suns would have to throw in a sweetener draft pick combined with Caddy I guess.

Yeah, i dont know where everyone is getting the vibe he has nominated Essendon from, the thought is clearly aggravating some so im bailing after this post. I believe you have to give some to get some, and yes they are important, but Caddy i think is a gem, and that is why their is so much tension regarding his compensation.
Like i said, no one knows whats going on. Only time will tell... Lets hope 'Heppellicious' doesn't run into supernova or Iva anytime soon :S...could result in a supernova. CATCHYA

I got no problem with the topic, I love trade week. I get very aggrevated by people toting facts when its so false and no source ever given.

woosah.jpg

You are exactly the reason people are fed up with discussing this. You carry on your high horse as if your the coach of EFC and your words are so definite and all based on nothing. Not to mention you keep harping on about his preference being Essendon and Caddy holding us to ransom.

It's infact the opposite, a few other clubs want him, and are actually proven better traders from history than EFC. Will no doubt offer up better value than your discarded players and Ashcroft has come out saying he is not going for peanuts, and work with his manager to get him to a melbourne club.

Your demeanour on the topic is insulting, childish, and bloody aggravating.

You sir, shall be knighted for your efforts! Well put mate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we fail to get it done I will be first to admit I was wrong, will Iva or you other guys? Don't believe everything that is printed.

Your crap is printed on my screen so why should I believe that? Secondly, someone close to the Suns club would be in a far better position to know whether he did nominate Essendon or not (which he hasnt).

I appreciate that you are prepared to eat your words but if you had decent reasoning for what you are saying everyone would acknowledge it but you are acting as if you are Caddys manager.

If we fail to get it done I will be first to admit I was wrong, will Iva or you other guys? Don't believe everything that is printed.

Mate its not a pissing contest, I got no problem with you or anyone being right or wrong. It's mostly about you claiming everything you say as well known fact with zero proof. It's abnormally and way over the top arrogant.

To me Caddy may well become an elite player but based on output it is still a highly speculative pickup. To trade a number one ruck or someone of equal importance to our systems and structure in Dempsey. It kind of defeats the purpose of bringing in Caddy if we were to trade Dempsey in the deal. He is a quality runner and user of the pill, something we don't have in abundance. Caddy will not get to Essendon unless either GC relent abit on their compensation or Essendon trades something they shouldn't.

Some one will crack, Essendon, GC or Caddy.

All parties have had 12 months to come up with some kind of solution so it'll be interesting to see what is thrown up.

And actually reading the latest would lead you to believe we are going for the best deal, so lets cut out the Caddy to Essendon is a done deal. Propose some trade ideas or on your way.

If and it's a big if, the Bombers decided they could offer local QLD lad Dempsey and he was happy to come, that would do it for me. He would be great for the Suns running of a back flank opposite Harbrow. Perfect experience and age for our list. Don't think it will happen, but one can dream. Suns would have to throw in a sweetener draft pick combined with Caddy I guess.

Good call. Wouldn't a KPD or a KPF suit GC better?

I see Gummbleton as a perfect fit for GC. I really believe he will play a full season next year now that his back issues are finally behind him, he will kick 40+ goals next year. Heck he kicked 11 in 4 games for us and we were in terrible form, our delivery wasn't even at VFL standard. Image what he could do with better delivery from Bennell, Ablett, swallow and o'meara. I know most of GC supporters will disagree due to his injury history, there is risk yes but the reward will be massive.
I personally hope Essendon keep him because he will be our FF and highest goal scorer.

We could offer Gummbleton + our 2nd pick for caddy.

I see Gummbleton as a perfect fit for GC. I really believe he will play a full season next year now that his back issues are finally behind him, he will kick 40+ goals next year. Heck he kicked 11 in 4 games for us and we were in terrible form, our delivery wasn't even at VFL standard. Image what he could do with better delivery from Bennell, Ablett, swallow and o'meara. I know most of GC supporters will disagree due to his injury history, there is risk yes but the reward will be massive.
I personally hope Essendon keep him because he will be our FF and highest goal scorer.

My opinion is a no for Gumby. Too inexperienced for what we need. I made a point elsewhere in another thread in that our very own Tom Lynch has played more games with 30 than Gumbleton. So therefore regardless of age Lynch at 20 is more experienced than Gumby at 25? (not sure of age). Way too much of a risk also, hasn't been able to string more than about 2 months of football together before something going wrong.

We have Bock and Warnock as KPD, we then have Thompson, Tape, Hutchins, May any of these guys should be capable defenders coming through.

If the rumors are true that Tippett will be at the Suns next year then Gumbo would not be of value as we have Lynch and Day to support him.

I can't see you giving up anything of value like Heppell so I just can't see a deal with Essendon getting done, perhaps a three way where you get someone to take 2-3 players in exchange for a high draft pick but personally I would want a 24-25 yo that was keen to be a leader in a future premiership contender.

The general vibe over our way is we are fairly hot on him.

A lot of talk of packaging Toy in the deal.

Whats the problem with Toy? Attitude?

Not attitude. Fitness. It's been somewhat revealed lately that he's had troubles with his achilles, and thus cannot get a good run into his training. So he doesn't have the endurance for AFL footy really. If he can overcome those and get back to VIC where he's happy, you would imagine he'd turn it around.

The whole notion of him being upset with the Coach is rubbish. Toy is one of the nicest guys at the club, a real gentleman. A refreshing change of pace from the standard jock footy players.

Chronic achillies?

Not sure to be honest. It was bad enough that he had to return from Arizona early. And he has yet to build the fitness for a full senior game. Playing at the 2s level just fine.

I'm sure that's something that medical would figure out though. You don't want to be trading him in if it's a long term problem, like a Cooney issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back