CALLING ALL QUEENSLAND-BASED PAFC SUPPORTERS!

Remove this Banner Ad

All though I am not in Qld, I am only about an hour away from Gold Coast. From the Port originally. Have a couple of rugby mates up here who I have managed to sway over to the dark side :D I was planning to take them to the GC game be great to hook up with you guys.

Closer than me at present ... :)
Will def catch you at the GC game

Awesome mate. The local scene up in Cairns interests me a lot too. I'm certain there are some hidden indigenous gems out there that the Gold Coast discover some time in the near future. What would be an ideal venue for supporters to meet at up there? Cazaly's?

Don't worry, the Northern Rivers falls under the category of the Gold Coast zone and the local teams play in Queensland league so in a footy sense you are a part of Queensland. Been to any games at Metricon over the years?

Cheers, Matchu. No, this is my 4th year working up this way and I have not been to any game in all that time! That needs to change :)

I take it the official Qld Supporters group isn't very active?

i sent them an email at the club listed contact address but haven't had a reply

That doesn't surprise me. Not to say you won't eventually but the supporters group didn't do anything I can recall outside of organising Match Day functions. They were organised by Leon in conjunction with the club and I had nothing to do with that.

To the best of my knowledge the same applies to the Gold Coast based PAFC supporters 'club'. Nigel, who is the most recent poster on PAFC1870 has a lot to do with organising the post match functions opposite Metricon on the Gold Coast. I spoke to Nigel about watching games once. At the time, he said a few people watched games at the Southport Sharks Footy Club but Nigel and his wife (?) are pretty keen jet skiers and the water is best for that in the Winter months. He used to post on TPFP most often just prior to games on the Gold Coast to advise people of the after match arrangements and direct people to his site.

If you go to PAFC1870 and look at the top photo of the after match function post this years Suns game you'll see Nigel third from left. He looks somewhat like James Brayshaw and I'm sure he'd be glad to have me mention that yet again.

I never thought of that ... hope it's not a segregated supporter base then that can't get on with each other.

I guess as we start posting on the website and/or facebook we'll find out?

Yeah, nah. My guess is Nigel didn't even know about the other when he started the Gold Coast group and like I've said, I'm not really sure what sort of 'group' either of them are. They just each help with organising pre and post match functions.

Also, the Gold Coast is still a fair way away from Brissy to organise stuff and it's a lot easier for a local so why not have one for each city. I highly doubt there'd be any animosity.

All though I am not in Qld, I am only about an hour away from Gold Coast. From the Port originally. Have a couple of rugby mates up here who I have managed to sway over to the dark side :D I was planning to take them to the GC game be great to hook up with you guys.

Did you end up going to the game and after match on the Coast this year?

Oh, saw your more recent post.

:(

Did you end up going to the game and after match on the Coast this year?

Oh, saw your more recent post.

:(

No Lou, the last 2 games I have had to work. Last year I was going to hook up with a few people, had arranged to meet up with REH but at the last minute I was called out on an emergency. This year I am thinking I will just turn my phone off 2 days prior to the game :D

No Lou, the last 2 games I have had to work. Last year I was going to hook up with a few people, had arranged to meet up with REH but at the last minute I was called out on an emergency. This year I am thinking I will just turn my phone off 2 days prior to the game :D

smash-phone.jpg

Obviously Nigel wasn't the username?

Stretching the memory now. I know there was a TPFP poster called NigelM but have my doubts it was the same person. Anyway I've lost my PAFC 1870 details (can you see a member list anywhere?) why don't you see if you can message Nigel and get him to open an account here.

I tried to join ages ago but can't remember if I was ever successful. You had to answer a really easy question like "Who was the last coach of Port Adelaide" and it kept telling me I was wrong!! :eek:

As it turned out, when I saw Nigel's missus at the 2013 after match she checked in to it only to discover she'd made a spelling mistake so I had no hope of getting the answer right!

Stretching the memory now. I know there was a TPFP poster called NigelM but have my doubts it was the same person. Anyway I've lost my PAFC 1870 details (can you see a member list anywhere?) why don't you see if you can message Nigel and get him to open an account here.

I tried to join ages ago but can't remember if I was ever successful. You had to answer a really easy question like "Who was the last coach of Port Adelaide" and it kept telling me I was wrong!! :eek:

As it turned out, when I saw Nigel's missus at the 2013 after match she checked in to it only to discover she'd made a spelling mistake so I had no hope of getting the answer right!

Yes, Lou there are 9 members there..no Lou or Zyffer though. Sent him a message, asking if he is a member here

Yep , Gazalys Sports Bar or the patio as both look out onto this fabulous ground
I've live here now 16 years. A lot of talented / some big named ex Afl players come up for a few years then go back south. Life style is the lure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep , Gazalys Sports Bar or the patio as both look out onto this fabulous ground
I've live here now 16 years. A lot of talented / some big named ex Afl players come up for a few years then go back south. Life style is the lure.

Gazaly?

Renamed to honor Gary Jr ? :)

He is not a member here, only uses that forum

Good stuff mate. Managed to find this video on that website:

It shows Hinkley, Kochie and some players at the after match function over the road from Metricon at the Emerald Lakes Golf Club.

I was at that game

If your going to do that can you do me a favour and get port Adelaide to get their own megastore up here

Remove this Banner Ad

Back