Homer Jnr

Premiership Player
Nov 10, 2004
Sam's Town
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Brisbane
An under 18's game was played today, between Caboolture and Caloundra at Caloundra. The Caboolture team had 6 aboriginal players in their team. They were hit with persistent taunts and vilifications throughout the game from players and the crowd, and when one bloke turned and told the crowd to get lost, he was reported.

The Ground Marshall knew this was going on, as did all of the umpires, and nothing was done.

Shameful display!

it was shocker.
The crowd behind one goal were licquored up and vocal.The umpire was blowing the whitles amking a decision,the plaeyr would go, but I handballed that, you could here the conversation from the sidelines, and the umpire, then immedialtye sends said player off for 15 minutes.No discussion, no 50 nothing.

This particualr umpire had lost control totally.He even refused to blow time off when players were injured and needed stretchers.3 minutes for a knee injury on a stretcher, with play continuing around.

Was told about the reacial taunts from players and officals and crowd, and refused to act.

Our societies flaws were all laid bare, it was embarrasing to watch and hear. Awful awful stuff.

i wasnt there fellas but it sounds like a terrible display on everyones behalf and is something that should not be tolerated by umpires, coaches, club officials and players.

• Banned
jimmyboy said:
i wasnt there fellas but it sounds like a terrible display on everyones behalf and is something that should not be tolerated by umpires, coaches, club officials and players.

Definately a bad day for the code in the region, but because Caboolture is a low socio-economic region, they get tarred with a brush, and through association, I hold fears that they will be the ones who are not only the victims, but the criminals.

The umpires let it go on, which is extremely sad, and the fact that 5 players of a different skin colour to one umpire got sent off doesn't look too good on face value for that particular umpire.

Homer Jnr said:
Definately a bad day for the code in the region, but because Caboolture is a low socio-economic region, they get tarred with a brush, and through association, I hold fears that they will be the ones who are not only the victims, but the criminals.

The umpires let it go on, which is extremely sad, and the fact that 5 players of a different skin colour to one umpire got sent off doesn't look too good on face value for that particular umpire.

Well I heard 2 of the conversations to that umpire by indiginous players, and they were one player said, but I handballed that umpire.
The next second, the Captain who is Indigenous asked why the player was being sent off, and he was then sent off for 15.So in the space of 1 minute, 2 players sent off, for no reason.The umpire didn't even speak except to say you are off for 15 minutes.

A bad indictment of our game.A sad thing for the confused and angry players.
A sad thing for the other players.

But there were 4 other send offs in the match.One for the whole match in the 1st quarter, he asked the umpire what was going on when he blew the whistle, no verabl stuff, nothing.Off for the match.

This umpire was so bad.The sad thing is he will probably make it at AFL level.

AFL need to address this issue, now.They need to actually send out umpirs advisors who go to matches and mark the plaeyrs.I have not seen one this year at any of the matches.

campbell said:
Well I heard 2 of the conversations to that umpire by indiginous players, and they were one player said, but I handballed that umpire.
The next second, the Captain who is Indigenous asked why the player was being sent off, and he was then sent off for 15.So in the space of 1 minute, 2 players sent off, for no reason.The umpire didn't even speak except to say you are off for 15 minutes.

A bad indictment of our game.A sad thing for the confused and angry players.
A sad thing for the other players.

But there were 4 other send offs in the match.One for the whole match in the 1st quarter, he asked the umpire what was going on when he blew the whistle, no verabl stuff, nothing.Off for the match.

This umpire was so bad.The sad thing is he will probably make it at AFL level.

AFL need to address this issue, now.They need to actually send out umpirs advisors who go to matches and mark the plaeyrs.I have not seen one this year at any of the matches.

The clubs do have the option of writing a letter of complaint to the AFLQ about this.

morphous said:
The clubs do have the option of writing a letter of complaint to the AFLQ about this.

I believe that a call was placed to AFLQ today regarding this.

The racial vilification against the 6 players was discussed, the AFLQ said, they didn't want to know about it, we are not going there.

You are ill disciplined as a club, you have to put up with everything on the field.We have problems keeping umpires.They were even told, that the father who was yelling out for the game to be stopped, when his son lay injured with what looks like medial ligament damage, and the umpire refused to stop play for 3 minutes, so the strecther could be taken off the ground with the injured player, that someone at the club should have gone to that father and told him to be quiet.also that the umpire can say at that point,I will not stop the match, if you don't shut up, to the players asking for the game to be stoppped,, I will send off your whole team.

No Duty of care to an injured payer in Qld. You can racially abuse players all you like, they don't care and don't want to know about it.

AFLQ are a disgrace.

campbell said:
I believe that a call was placed to AFLQ today regarding this.

The racial vilification against the 6 players was discussed, the AFLQ said, they didn't want to know about it, we are not going there.

You are ill disciplined as a club, you have to put up with everything on the field.We have problems keeping umpires.They were even told, that the father who was yelling out for the game to be stopped, when his son lay injured with what looks like medial ligament damage, and the umpire refused to stop play for 3 minutes, so the strecther could be taken off the ground with the injured player, that someone at the club should have gone to that father and told him to be quiet.also that the umpire can say at that point,I will not stop the match, if you don't shut up, to the players asking for the game to be stoppped,, I will send off your whole team.

No Duty of care to an injured payer in Qld. You can racially abuse players all you like, they don't care and don't want to know about it.

AFLQ are a disgrace.

This is a sad thing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back