Cam Rayner

Remove this Banner Ad

God himself, below is your re-draft of the 2017 draft where Rayner was taken at pick 1 in the actual draft....

I have taken the liberty of putting each player's 2024 average player rating beside your choices God himself. And I will also select a few points of interest from your rankings, for comment.

So, God himself, it seems if we are going by current season form, Rayner ranks 18th from his draft. Above the 3 Demons you ranked 4th, 18th and 21st. :oops:

Charlie Spargo on the other hand, who you ranked 18th best in the draft class, seems to be ranked outside the top 47 performers in 2024....

Fritsch, who you had ranked 4th, is 19th, somewhere near where I had him. In fact for God himself, you don't seem to have your order very correct and you also seem to have quite a lot of glaring omissions from your top 30.

Back to God school for you Danster. ;)
I've missed you Meteoric. I understand that you needed time away from the Rayner thread, and for very good reason :) so welcome back :)

There's one stat that I care about for Fritsch and that's Goals :) Once again, elite in that category.

No idea how these average ratings are calculated by I'm guessing there's a reason no-one uses them to analyse players except for yourself :)

I've missed you Meteoric. I understand that you needed time away from the Rayner thread, and for very good reason :) so welcome back :)

There's one stat that I care about for Fritsch and that's Goals :) Once again, elite in that category.

No idea how these average ratings are calculated by I'm guessing there's a reason no-one uses them to analyse players except for yourself :)

I am hardly going to need time away from the Rayner thread when he is having his best ever season Danster, rating the same as Jacob Weitering, just above Tobias Greene and just below the rejuvenated Jake Stringer.

But how can this be Danster? Those players are being bigged up in the media whilst you are declaring Rayner an all time bust. Perhaps footballers do valuable actions other than just kick goals Dan? And perhaps the good folk at Champion Data are kind enough to observe and record all of those actions, rate them for value to the team and turn them into an overall rating for each performance. And perhaps a player can't insulate himself from someone being rated higher than him by the simple expedient of being, how did you put it, "elite for goals." :)

But speaking of goals, I have been meaning to raise this with you. Did you realise the player you rated pick 30, Rayner, has precisely 4 times as many goals this season as the 2 Demons you rated worth picks 18 & 21 PUT TOGETHER, those being Chuck Spargo and Harry Petty? And they have only played 1 less game between them than Rayner has?

Oh dear, God himself. :tearsofjoy:

I am hardly going to need time away from the Rayner thread when he is having his best ever season Danster, rating the same as Jacob Weitering, just above Tobias Greene and just below the rejuvenated Jake Stringer.

But how can this be Danster? Those players are being bigged up in the media whilst you are declaring Rayner an all time bust. Perhaps footballers do valuable actions other than just kick goals Dan? And perhaps the good folk at Champion Data are kind enough to observe and record all of those actions, rate them for value to the team and turn them into an overall rating for each performance. And perhaps a player can't insulate himself from someone being rated higher than him by the simple expedient of being, how did you put it, "elite for goals." :)

But speaking of goals, I have been meaning to raise this with you. Did you realise the player you rated pick 30, Rayner, has precisely 4 times as many goals this season as the 2 Demons you rated worth picks 18 & 21 PUT TOGETHER, those being Chuck Spargo and Harry Petty? And they have only played 1 less game between them than Rayner has?

Oh dear, God himself. :tearsofjoy:
Best ever season? So is this the much anticipated break out you were referring to?

imagine 14.4 disposals and 0.7 goals a game being his best ever season. Gulp 😀

The list I provided was a rolling list. Happy to readjust it. Before unfortunately my friend, Rayner isn't top 30 anymore. 😀

Best ever season? So is this the much anticipated break out you were referring to?

imagine 14.4 disposals and 0.7 goals a game being his best ever season. Gulp 😀

The list I provided was a rolling list. Happy to readjust it. Before unfortunately my friend, Rayner isn't top 30 anymore. 😀

If your list was so wrong when you made it what would be the use of an updated list that is only likely to be just as wrong or more Danster? Save yourself the embarrassment comrade. :)

If your list was so wrong when you made it what would be the use of an updated list that is only likely to be just as wrong or more Danster? Save yourself the embarrassment comrade. :)
dude, you had Rayner ahead of Fritsch. if I was you, I wouldn't be mentioning anything to do with the list lol. if you want me to give an updated list I will.

dude, you had Rayner ahead of Fritsch. if I was you, I wouldn't be mentioning anything to do with the list lol. if you want me to give an updated list I will.

I had Rayner ahead of Barely AvFritsch. Official player ratings has Rayner ahead of Barely Avfritsch. Danster has Barely AvFristsch ahead of Rayner.

It appears you are the very odd man out Danster. ;)

Did he really?
lol, that is Meteroic in a nutshell.

If anyone remotely resembles qualities similar to his idol in Dustin Martin, they are declared the next great thing.

Did he really?
lol, that is Meteroic in a nutshell.

If anyone remotely resembles qualities similar to his idol in Dustin Martin, they are declared the next great thing.
lol he did. And then tried to discredit Fritsch by saying that his 6 in a granny were easy. Even though it hadn't been done in 20 years.

He had Rayner top 5. Which means he'd be worth 2 first rounders. Let's see if he gets that when traded 😀

lol he did. And then tried to discredit Fritsch by saying that his 6 in a granny were easy. Even though it hadn't been done in 20 years.

He had Rayner top 5. Which means he'd be worth 2 first rounders. Let's see if he gets that when traded 😀

Prove it.

Fritsch player ratings in finals...

2018 8.2, 5.1 21yo

2021 13.7, 4.1, 16.4(the fabled GF where Fritsch put on a Joe the Goose masterclass.)

2022 14.9, 7.2

2023 5.9, 5.9

Median 7.2, avfritsch 9.8

Rayner finals ratings from age 20 onwards...

2020 10.9, 11.6

2022 1.9, 7.9

2023 18.7, 4.7, 3.8

Median 7.9 Ave 8.5

Rayner as been younger in his finals but from age 20 onwards, he has the highest rated final, the better median performance, though naturally enough, old Barely has the slightly better AvFritsch. :)

Last edited:
There's one thing on that we've learnt on this thread and that's that the onus isn't on me to prove anything.

This is a Rayner thread and I nailed his stats in the pre-season. And proved for a 2nd year straight that he's a spud.

When you make claims you cannot prove to be correct Danster, people are entitled to believe those claims are FALSE. And in this case the claim was false, as I rated Rayner worth pick 10.

If Rayner was a spud, he would not be rating higher than your pick 4 nomination in the 2017 re-draft Barely AvFritsch. Either that, or AvFritsch is also a spud Danster. :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When you make claims you cannot prove to be correct Danster, people are entitled to believe those claims are FALSE. And in this case the claim was false, as I rated Rayner worth pick 10.

If Rayner was a spud, he would not be rating higher than your pick 4 nomination in the 2017 re-draft Barely AvFritsch. Either that, or AvFritsch is also a spud Danster. :)
lol. So you're suggesting that Rayner is better than Fritsch? Please for the love of God get some help son 😀

If you already know you are going to laugh at it then why would you need to see it?

However, here is the list, showing where Rayner sits this season in relation to Barely AvFritsch....

View attachment 2002628
so that just discredits all of your avg ratings :) not sure you're helping yourself lol.

How good was Mr.Average when he made the AA squad :)

Last edited:
If you already know you are going to laugh at it then why would you need to see it?

However, here is the list, showing where Rayner sits this season in relation to Barely AvFritsch....

View attachment 2002628
Serious question: what actually is this shit? Who has Josh Weddle as a Top 10 player in the league?

Serious question: what actually is this shit? Who has Josh Weddle as a Top 10 player in the league?

Nobody that I know of. Why do you ask?

Fyi, this is the current year top 12 rated players of those who have played more than 1 game....

To help you understand Toumpo, the columns left to right are:

1 An insignia representing the player's club's principal colours
2 player name
3 club they currently play for
4 age
5 position they mainly play
6 the word "view"
7 how many games they have represented their club in the ongoing season
8 their average player ratings in those games

Please let me know if you require any further explanation.

Oh, and don't take drugs Toump Ass, they are bad for your brain. :)

1716810988802.png

Last edited:
lol. it's a wonder why the AA selection panel don't look at your hocus pocus stats then instead of maybe watching the footy :)

Worry about Barely Avfritsch reverting to his usual season averages Danster, 2.7 goals + assists, 8 disposals, 3 contested possessions, and a handful of score involvements, with a pathetic 1 tackle and a pox 7 pressure acts per match. At his absolute peak as a 27yo. In other words, nothing to write home about, and nowhere near the expected output of a player rated worth pick 4.

Barely Avfritsch 2024 Goal Assist ranking = AFL #350, with 2 for the season. :tearsofjoy:

But he will always have his 1 x AA squad selection to fall back on, lol.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back