MRP / Trib. The MRO vs Cam Zurhaar.

Remove this Banner Ad

This was a fine for unduly rough conduct, even tho there is minimal impact and both players are running flat out at the ball with their eyes on it. I guess its fair enough in these days of no contact footy.

View attachment cz fine.mp4

One of those players got fined so we'd expect this to cop some sort of sanction wouldn't we? After all Zurhaar now needs surgery and will probably miss three weeks.

View attachment jonas v zurhaar lol.mp4
He needs surgery so its obviously severe. As well as high and intentional. He left the ground and drove his shoulder into Zurhaar's head. So you'd expect four weeks right?

:tearsofjoy:

Didn't Griffen Logue cop a week for "there is a potential to injure" or some crap similar? Absolutely farcical. Obviously the AFL was entirely keen to "target" anyone who even looked askance at Home Francis.

Didn't Griffen Logue cop a week for "there is a potential to injure" or some crap similar? Absolutely farcical. Obviously the AFL was entirely keen to "target" anyone who even looked askance at Home Francis.

McAdam got three weeks on "potential", which is ironic given "potential" has littered his career. To be honest I didn't see that much difference between McAdams and Jonas bumps, though both were Okish, worth a free kick, probably the same with Zurhaars bump.

But we live in dark times with Lord Christian reeking havoc on a once loved game

I just don't get why the Jonas bump wasn't even mentioned as being looked at. Despite the media mentioning it multiple times in relation to Zurharr needing surgery, not once have they asked the question either.

It's one thing to disagree with Christian's assessment of an incident, it's a completely different thing for him to not even look at it. It's both baffling and frustrating.

I don't want 'justice for Zurharr' or to rub Jonas out or something, I just want to know wtf was different between his bump and the dozens other that have been scrutinized and graded by the MRO. I don't get it. What was special or different about that bump that allows it to not be scrutinzed?

It does seem strange that we allow for the potential of damage to come into play when grading an incident, but a bump that actually breaks someone's jaw isn't even looked at lol

I just don't get why the Jonas bump wasn't even mentioned as being looked at. Despite the media mentioning it multiple times in relation to Zurharr needing surgery, not once have they asked the question either.

It's one thing to disagree with Christian's assessment of an incident, it's a completely different thing for him to not even look at it. It's both baffling and frustrating.

I don't want 'justice for Zurharr' or to rub Jonas out or something, I just want to know wtf was different between his bump and the dozens other that have been scrutinized and graded by the MRO. I don't get it. What was special or different about that bump that allows it to not be scrutinzed?

Yep. I haven’t seen any maliciousness towards Jonas from North fans. We all know what he was trying to do, and it was accidental that he got Zurhaar high. Nothing “dirty” about it. And all clubs fans have been filthy when their player has been rubbed out for a similar incident.

But it begs the question - where’s the consistency? Because we know it’s not whether it was intentional or not, but whether there was an alternate option. Clearly Jonas had an alternate option.

It’s the silence from the media that’s galling. No one willing to question it - hell, we might even get a satisfactory answer from Christian! But we won’t if it’s not asked.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back