MRP / Trib. Caminiti hit on Murphy

Remove this Banner Ad

Hmmm. Given how the amount of force is determined from the outcome I guess this is as good as could be expected… still disappointed, it’s basically the McKay forearm push, which was reduced to a fine, except Caminiti obviously connected different. Ahh well.

Caminiti probably would have been dropped for Membrey returning anyway, so missing a few weeks doesn't hurt us that much.

Three weeks seems fair. I wonder if the AFL will appeal.
I wouldn't have thought so, they've acknowledged themselves that should it have been downgraded to careless that 4 weeks was what they'd like to see, I can't imagine they're going to the lengths to appeal and bring everybody back over a 1 week difference.

Deserved 2 but got the obligatory 1 week extra for playing for a battling club and being a no name

3 weeks was the best outcome St Kilda could have hoped for.

Why grizzle about that when many were calling for a 5 or 6 week spell ..

Hmmm. Given how the amount of force is determined from the outcome I guess this is as good as could be expected… still disappointed, it’s basically the McKay forearm push, which was reduced to a fine, except Caminiti obviously connected different. Ahh well.
I think the only difference and this is probably more the area that stung him was that Sheezel hit happened almost at the same time that he disposed of the ball. I'm not saying I agree with this argument but it could be reasonably argued that McKay was initially intending to tackle and pulled up, thus resulting in the forearms.

You can't really use that same logic here as the ball was 50-odd meters away.

I like how they downgraded it…

Purely because it will annoy Robbo and Wheatley

And the outraged Collingwood supporters here who wanted him sentenced to life without parole at Alcatraz :)

I think the only difference and this is probably more the area that stung him was that Sheezel hit happened almost at the same time that he disposed of the ball. I'm not saying I agree with this argument but it could be reasonably argued that McKay was initially intending to tackle and pulled up, thus resulting in the forearms.

You can't really use that same logic here as the ball was 50-odd meters away.

I mean, McKays arms were crossed for a long time before the contact, seems like that was his plan, just not for it to go head high, much like what Caminiti said. The off the ball element is the real spicy bit.

Because it was worth 2 imo

Yep 2-3 is about right, 3 on the higher end. Mind you your lawyer was channeling the Castle at times

I would have preferred 1 or 2 weeks but that was never going to happen with Murphy being concussed so 3 weeks is about the best we could hope for.

A suspension of 4 weeks or more would have been over the top and I think we would've appealed that but they will probably accept the 3 and move on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Murphy having a crack at Caminiti coming off the ground and when they were shaking hands is what I have issue with. He caused the reaction yet wanted to sook it up like a little baby. A more dignified response would have been to just walk away from any confrontation. Bit like Blicavs having a go at Meek last week when he was the one who wasn't watching the ball. It's like some of these players think they can do what they like and not expect consequences to that. I rekon Murphy will have second thoughts round arming somebody trying to act tough from now on.

Yep 2-3 is about right, 3 on the higher end. Mind you your lawyer was channeling the Castle at times
we'd be better off with Denis to be frank

I mean, McKays arms were crossed for a long time before the contact, seems like that was his plan, just not for it to go head high, much like what Caminiti said. The off the ball element is the real spicy bit.
Pretty much. Not entirely sure it's worth 3 weeks as opposed to 0, but that's where the difference is.

Good result really. Hammer has a few weeks to rest and allow Members back and well Murphy has the rest of the year to prove he isnt a coward /bully that has a glass jaw and is a 24 yo embarrased by an 18 yo

3 weeks was the best outcome St Kilda could have hoped for.

Why grizzle about that when many were calling for a 5 or 6 week spell ..
Bwahahaha.

Oh man, the footy world have swallowed this one haven't they!!?

Fu** me. The dude just dropped a guy with a short left cross and TKO'd him - and the AFL have given him 3 weeks for being careless!!??

Oh man. Can I get the Saints' lawyer's number please?

How did they pull that s**t off?

Bwahahaha.

Oh man, the footy world have swallowed this one haven't they!!?

Fu** me. The dude just dropped a guy with a short left cross and TKO'd him - and the AFL have given him 3 weeks for being careless!!??

Oh man. Can I get the Saints' lawyer's number please?

How did they pull that s**t off?

You'd have a really strong point if anything you just said was based on facts.

Shame.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back