MRP / Trib. Caminiti hit on Murphy

Remove this Banner Ad

Joins a long and storied list of gutless sniping St Kilda thugs. Jeans, O'Dea, Dietrich, O'Dea, Lawrence, O'Dea, Hall, O'Dea, Lockett, O'Dea, Baker, O'Dea.
Some of them will obviously attend training during the week to show him how to drop someone properly next time.
As opposed to all those tough footballers from yesteryear running around for Collingwood like Carmen and Dennis Banks. One of the worst dog shots in AFLVFL history was Banks on DRJ.

as was pointed out abundantly by people in the thread "niggles happen about 100 times a game"

Murphy said he slipped which lowered himself before Caminiti could react

now everyone trying to change the narrative again...bless, off the ball niggles bad now, got it
I'm not changing the narrative, I'm not even putting forward an opinion on whether Caminitis decision is right. I'm saying it's inconsistent to me that if you choose to bump and make head high contact it's intentional and you're stuffed, but you can strike, make head high contact and it can be changed to careless.

I'm not changing the narrative, I'm not even putting forward an opinion on whether Caminitis decision is right. I'm saying it's inconsistent to me that if you choose to bump and make head high contact it's intentional and you're stuffed, but you can strike, make head high contact and it can be changed to careless.
in that case the difference lies with the word 'strike'.

it then lands at whether you believe the transcript testimony to be accurate or a lie. tribunal found it to not be a strike, considering it was the arm connecting and not to the head.

Genuine question, what did Caminiti actually hit him with? Looked like a shoulder when they showed it on On The Couch. Or was it an elbow?

If Murphy truly believed he got hit high because he slipped he wouldn't have been so upset about it at the time. He's just doing the players' code thing.

Yep and in return Seb Ross will do the right thing by Adams if it comes to.that - even though Adams should have no case to answer

(Log in to remove this ad.)

in that case the difference lies with the word 'strike'.

it then lands at whether you believe the transcript testimony to be accurate or a lie. tribunal found it to not be a strike, considering it was the arm connecting and not to the head.
Call it whatever you want, strike, hit - what did they label it? Semantics isn't it?

I get that the descriptors and ways of grading have played out in saints favour here but I stand by that it is an inconsistent approach (in general) that an action choosing to bump and making high contact, becomes intentional.

He intentionally moved his arm toward Murphy and hit him in the head.

I have no reason to sink the boots into Caminiti nor stkilda, I have no bias in this argument. I think the approach to this "forceful movement" if you will, is inconsistent and contradicts the "protect the head" approach taken towards bumping. I don't like that there's a different approach to these two dangerous actions.

Call it whatever you want, strike, hit - what did they label it? Semantics isn't it?

I think in a contact sport, the semantics are important differentials. Because there is contact off the ball, all the time (even without the niggling things), body blocks etc every club does it. The game would be in a sad state if strike, bump, hit were used synonymously for MRO purposes

I mentioned in this thread a couple days ago all niggle off the ball should be banned, still think that as well.

I'm assuming this is sarcasm JB 🧐
Nah, gunna melt all over the place if he doesn't get two for an act so bad on the football field, there was no free kick and Ross played on. At least two or the AFl aren't serious about concussion or some sh*t or other.....

Yep and in return Seb Ross will do the right thing by Adams if it comes to.that - even though Adams should have no case to answer
Adams' sling was the worst sling tackle ever seen should be 12 weeks at least

am I doing it right?

I get that the descriptors and ways of grading have played out in saints favour here but I stand by that it is an inconsistent approach (in general) that an action choosing to bump and making high contact, becomes intentional.

He intentionally moved his arm toward Murphy and hit him in the head.

I have no reason to sink the boots into Caminiti nor stkilda, I have no bias in this argument. I think the approach to this "forceful movement" if you will, is inconsistent and contradicts the "protect the head" approach taken towards bumping. I don't like that there's a different approach to these two dangerous actions.
the whole thing is contrdictory

Murphy smacks Caminiti in the chin/neck/chest not cited at all
Caminiti, lets call it a strike, with his forearm in an outward motion, gets 3 weeks

1 is based on outcome, yet the other not cited at all, was the worse action

or Dangerfield vs Crips last year, neither played for the ball, both late contact 1 gets 5 weeks the other Scott free

Remove this Banner Ad

Back