Prediction Can Essendon Win the Premiership in 2017?

Can Essendon Win the Premiership in 2017?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think we will but I think we can.

IMO the ingredients are there for a really strong team but I'm worried that we won't get the balance right, especially in terms of run from defence and through the midfield. 5-10 range for me.

Worth noting that if we don't win the flag by 2020 it will be the longest flag drought in the history of the club. In a now 18 team competition I hope it's something we can stop from happening in 2018 or 19.

I didn't really know where else to put this so thought I'd post it here. I think a flag in 2017 might be out of reach but I honestly really, really rate your list and think a premiership in the near future is a good chance of coming to fruition for the Bombers. You have three A graders in Heppell, Hurley and Hooker. I rate those three highly, however, my favourite thing about your list is the youth. You have 5 future stars in Zach Merrett, Joe Daniher, Darcy Parish, Aaron Francis and Andrew McGrath. Those 5 could be your core guns for the next 10+ years. On top of that Fantasia and McDonald-Tipingwuti were two of my favourite non-Lions players to watch in 2016. In addition to that you have several other talented youngsters and a good mix of veterans and solid foot soldiers such as Watson, Stanton, Kelly, Hocking, Myers, Zaharakis which should see you push for a 7th or 8th spot finish in 2017. Good luck guys and seriously, you should all be extremely excited about what Zach Merrett, Daniher, Parish, Francis and McGrath can do for your club for the next 10 or so years.
Your praise is welcomed. Please come and say nice things about us again

Back