Can ppl please review my band please!

Remove this Banner Ad

PrideofSA

Premiership Player
Aug 15, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
My band's name is Error from Adelaide Australia. We haven't been going at it for too long, but we recorded 2 tracks which are up on our website.

www.errormusic.cjb.net is the site and you can download the tracks under Multimedia.

Thanks, please email the band your comments or post them here please.

Sorry dude (big footy insults aside) but the world does not need another play by the numbers grunge (soft-loud) band.

Australia already has a Silverchair.

Originally posted by Santos L Helper
Sorry dude (big footy insults aside) but the world does not need another play by the numbers grunge (soft-loud) band.

nah we aren't that at all.

Those 2 songs are just a sample of what we do. They would be the more radio frendly songs.

I'd go and see you play just to hear your other songs, i reckon automuse is better than broken world....
i'll keep an eye/ear out if your ever in melbourne though

If you want an unsugar-coated opinion then here it is:

unoriginal. Just sound like every other Silverchair/Something For Kate/Motarace clone band around with the soft verses, simple riffs, heavier choruses and whiny singer. Nothing that really stands out from a bunch of other bands that are from the same genre. The recordings are a bit bleh tho. The drums sound like a couple of tin cans.

That sorta music isnt really my cup of tea tho. Sounds ok, but nothing spesh. Stick at it and write some more songs.

I can't believe the rest of the band let you get away with that whiny lead riff in the second song. Did you sneak that one in when they were out of the studio?

ps. this is just my opinion about a musical style that I don't really like. I guess others may like it.

It's allright, but as everyone has said its just the same as everything else dished up at the moment. Although that can get some bands a long way these days.

I actually thought singer was quite good, although you guys definetaly have to move into a more led zeppelin type, guns n roses type rock if you know what i mean. Not clones, but in the mould where the guitar sound is distinctive and you can always tell that sound. I know its much easier said than done, but if a band came out and did that these days they'd be huge.

Once people find out that bands can sound different to each other people will wake up and all it will take is one band to jump on the bandwagon. 70s rock is good because the bands are all different.

Originally posted by Macca19
If you want an unsugar-coated opinion then here it is:

unoriginal. Just sound like every other Silverchair/Something For Kate/Motarace clone band around with the soft verses, simple riffs, heavier choruses and whiny singer. Nothing that really stands out from a bunch of other bands that are from the same genre. The recordings are a bit bleh tho. The drums sound like a couple of tin cans.

That sorta music isnt really my cup of tea tho. Sounds ok, but nothing spesh. Stick at it and write some more songs.

Just found out that a representative from a major record company sees differently. :)

Originally posted by PrideofSA
Just found out that a representative from a major record company sees differently. :)

Just because you get a phone call from a record company doesnt mean you are original or are doing something completly different to every other whine rock band out there.

But good luck. What was the phonecall about?

Originally posted by Macca19
Just because you get a phone call from a record company doesnt mean you are original or are doing something completly different to every other whine rock band out there.

But good luck. What was the phonecall about?

Yeh i know, but she liked the songwriting and the singers voice and guitar sounds.

I didn't actually get the call, a bandmate did, but they said they were hadn't signed much from Adelaide and that they wanna see us tonight and also at rehearsal tomorrow, coz thats when she will be in Adelaide. Change of plans for tonight then.

Ofcourse this doesn't mean we are good (how much crap out their still sells and gets record deals, but it's a nice start anyway)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

and make sure you understand what their offering.

Very true.......too many new bands don't understand the debt traps a lot of music contracts bind them to.........especially from the major labels............

Much better to get signed to one of the smaller labels that many bands run themselves - at least they have an understanding of what bands go though compared to the reps at the majors whose only interest are only looking at their own commision/profits at the expence of the pawns (bands) they use.

If you don't want to compromise style you could do worse than follow a path like The Mark Of Cain.........not an easy ride but at least the Scott brothers do things their way.........

The Mark Of Cain

Remove this Banner Ad

Back