Official Club Stuff Carlton Academy - Next Gen & Father/Son/Daughter Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I feel like Lucas has the potential to be more damaging with his kicking. I have seen him really punch the ball with penetration at times but seems to take the safe option mostly. Might be a confidence thing?
The mechanics are good, and he seems adept at hitting long targets, as well as being happy to use them. Shiort and mid range he is prone to miss some by very small margins. He is in his draft year and has moved from rep team to rep team with a couple of club games. All while carrying out his schooling (presumably). I am very confident he will consistently hit the mark in a professional environment.

The only thing we haven’t seen of Lucas is much of a contested game. His coaches suggest it is there. He has been pigeon holed as the outside runner and distributor to date, hopefully a little insight is forthcoming over the televised games. He is draftable , absolutely, where he sits will be interesting.

Is it wrong that I am hoping he slips to the rookie draft through a combination of being “outside” and committed to a club?

Not sure how accurate this is as I only follow Carlton news so it was irrelevant in previous years.

April --> May
Ben (14) --> Ben (15)
Lucas (19) --> Lucas (Not top 20)

Not sure how accurate this is as I only follow Carlton news so it was irrelevant in previous years.

April --> May
Ben (14) --> Ben (15)
Lucas (19) --> Lucas (Not top 20)
I see strong hips written about a draftee I think Dane Swan and start getting my hopes up really high.

Swan was pick 50+ btw

Apparently Alex Jesaulenko’s grandson kicked 9 goals on the weekend - not sure how old he is - but maybe time to start lobbying (very vigorously) for. Grandfather / Grandson rule!!!!

;)
Yep, Kate Jesaulenko's son, Luca. Plays U/14s for Altona Vikings. Trent Croad is his step-dad.

Has anyone seen a list of our eligible NGA players this year, if we have any? I still scratch my head, that in such a multicultural zone, with a big population, with strong football leagues, we have had stuff all players even eligible.

I think the club needs to have a chat with the Knights to see whats happening.

Has anyone seen a list of our eligible NGA players this year, if we have any? I still scratch my head, that in such a multicultural zone, with a big population, with strong football leagues, we have had stuff all players even eligible.

I think the club needs to have a chat with the Knights to see whats happening.

I think part of it is that players are boarding at private schools and we have none of those in our NGA.

I could be wrong but I remember hearing that was a factor.

I think part of it is that players are boarding at private schools and we have none of those in our NGA.

I could be wrong but I remember hearing that was a factor.

We have Parade College in our zone who won the state high school football comp last year in both top and bottom age groups and were runners up the year before.

They are a strong football school.

Nate Caddy was drafted from there last year and we have Gresham who goes there eligible next year.

There just seems a lack of information available, outside of going through the Knights list and trying to pick African or Asian names, i have no idea where to get any details.

We have Parade College in our zone who won the state high school football comp last year in both top and bottom age groups and were runners up the year before.

They are a strong football school.

Nate Caddy was drafted from there last year and we have Gresham who goes there eligible next year.

There just seems a lack of information available.
The other thing to remember is that as it currently stands if anyone is actually really good and gets drafted before pick 40 then we can't match. Mac Andrew spent 5 years in the Melbourne ( I think) NGA and apparently they did a heap of work with him only to see him drafted early by the Suns. It would actually pay to keep things a bit low key.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The other thing to remember is that as it currently stands if anyone is actually really good and gets drafted before pick 40 then we can't match. Mac Andrew spent 5 years in the Melbourne ( I think) NGA and apparently they did a heap of work with him only to see him drafted early by the Suns. It would actually pay to keep things a bit low key.

Yeah but its fun talking about players endlessly here.

We keep talking about the Campo twins, where are the other guys eligible this year or how is Gresham and Allan going, who are both eligible this year?

Yeah but its fun talking about players endlessly here.

We keep talking about the Campo twins, where are the other guys eligible this year or how is Gresham and Allan going, who are both eligible this year?
Here's what I've got, mostly grabbed from a post curnow inferno made ages ago.

1716986146994.png

No guarantees of accuracy.

Looks like more of the same from them which is positive. They are AFL players no doubt. I see them being consistent contributors who finish in or around the John Nicholls top ten most years once they hit their stride.

Wow that would be amazing.
2 players picked up in the same year becoming consistently top ten players!!!!
Yes please.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yep, Kate Jesaulenko's son, Luca. Plays U/14s for Altona Vikings. Trent Croad is his step-dad.
We did have Cameron Croad on our list at one point so that must count for something.

Fun fact, I have Cameron Croads official long sleeve jumper which was basically brand new as he never played a game for us. Picked it up from the bargain bin at the Carlton shop about 20 years ago.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back