Carlton AFLW/VFLW Media, Training Reports, Pics etc

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlton’s AFLW/VFLW List Manager Wayne Siekman has tendered his resignation from his position at the Club.

Siekman has accepted a role with the West Adelaide Football Club in the SANFL after joining the Blues in May 2019.

Just don't get suspended.

And good on ya Wayne, quit before we've even played a season with him there. Oh well, still plenty of time until the draft for someone new to step into the role.

Praccys this and next weekend, info from reddit. Not sure which day this weekend.

Sat or Sun 18-19th Jan: (“Match Simulation”/Combined Training sessions)

Unconfirmed - Carlton v St Kilda @ Princes Park

Sat 25th Jan:

North v Carlton @ Princes Park, Sat 25th, 11am - public access, no streams

Is anyone else "miffed" at the recent reports re Chloe Dalton doing extra sessions and work to prepare her for the Rugby Sevens campaign. It is galling to be told that the level of training and preparation the team has for an AFLW season is not sufficient for that Olympic campaign.

I am aware that the girls have an abbreviated season and continuity is an issue, but wish we had more self starters like Erin Phillips and our own Hosking twins attaining excellent levels of fitness and conditioning away from the program. Unfortunately too many present for the season with "ordinary" levels of fitness giving Harf and staff little choice but to tone back the intensity of the drills in favour of skill and structure sessions. AFLW struggles for acceptance among many traditionalists and purists and will continue to do so unless the girls take control and up the standards.

I am well aware that the AFL has a large degree of blame with a mickey mouse 7 game season imposed on the ladies, and our own D.Vescio and others have fought the fight to up the ante, but the players as a unit must take ownership.

Is anyone else "miffed" at the recent reports re Chloe Dalton doing extra sessions and work to prepare her for the Rugby Sevens campaign. It is galling to be told that the level of training and preparation the team has for an AFLW season is not sufficient for that Olympic campaign.

I am aware that the girls have an abbreviated season and continuity is an issue, but wish we had more self starters like Erin Phillips and our own Hosking twins attaining excellent levels of fitness and conditioning away from the program. Unfortunately too many present for the season with "ordinary" levels of fitness giving Harf and staff little choice but to tone back the intensity of the drills in favour of skill and structure sessions. AFLW struggles for acceptance among many traditionalists and purists and will continue to do so unless the girls take control and up the standards.

I am well aware that the AFL has a large degree of blame with a mickey mouse 7 game season imposed on the ladies, and our own D.Vescio and others have fought the fight to up the ante, but the players as a unit must take ownership.
Wouldn't the extra work entail Rugby 7 specific drills?

She cannot go into a 7s season doing nothing but footy training.

I also pretty sure most players started training before official training started.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

AFLW players are part-time athletes, they literally have reduced training requirements because some players need to work elsewhere and keep their jobs.

If all they can do is the 2 training sessions a week through pre-season, their physical performance is going to suffer. This is why I wanted Russell involved in the program if possible, because it's a significant challenge for them to build fitness outside of the current regiment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back