Roast Carlton announce a loss of nearly $1 million after horror 2015 season

Remove this Banner Ad

O.K. Thanks for that ODN.

Carlton & Collingwood must have been hit hard here in recent years, given the injury lists we've had.

It must have cost us a fortune over the course of a decade or so when we could least afford it.

I'm thinking injured players get paid out side the cap because you have to play replacement players under the cap.
So Daisy gets his shoulder reco paid by carlton then his rehab and salary.
While we have to pay player x match payments abs such to replace him.
We would have spent 500k plus in player surgeries alone.

They have to have insurance so that will pay a fair bit, but if Carlton want to source the best surgeons, I'm not sure it would cover everything. Always a nice gap to pay.

A quick question, I read in the Herald sun yesterday about our football clubs big operating loss, on top of an operating loss from last year too. In this article it mentioned we are paying in the region of $300,000 equalisiation tax. Can someone explain to me how this can be true? I thought this tax was going to hit teams like Collingwood who has made profits every year and Hawthorn who is pumping out profits and West Coast who spend big on their football department.

Some info on how and why we are paying this tax would be helpful, thanks in advance.

A quick question, I read in the Herald sun yesterday about our football clubs big operating loss, on top of an operating loss from last year too. In this article it mentioned we are paying in the region of $300,000 equalisiation tax. Can someone explain to me how this can be true? I thought this tax was going to hit teams like Collingwood who has made profits every year and Hawthorn who is pumping out profits and West Coast who spend big on their football department.

Some info on how and why we are paying this tax would be helpful, thanks in advance.

Based on a football department spending cap. Spend more than the cap and you start paying money into the equalisation fund.

So we, the bottom side, are spending above the cap? What a joke

This includes facilities, coaches, trainers. It's not bad that we are spending money on the footy department. It's bad that we aren't getting the results. It's old news though. New coaches, not highly paid. Bound to be spending less next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back