Carlton in the Media (articles, podcasts etc) - Part 2 (cont. in Part 3)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is 29 too old? If that truly was the reason Simmo was overlooked MM is an idiot.
Simmo is still going 5 years later.

Not sure Simmo would have been a great captain either...gives all on the field but doubt he'd like the off-field stuff especially media.

Cant agree with this, you are basing your comments on Simmo in hindsight. If 29 isn't too old then we would be targeting players who are 29 and not 23-25. Not many players go past 31-32 and any appointment of Simmo would have been considered at the time to be a short term move.

Looking back, yes it would have been a good move but i don't think many would have picked whats happened since.

Again, how very strange... I've run it through a couple channels and it's fine. Im at a loss to explain why it'd be looping like that.
I can't explain it either but it worked fine today. Great job on the pod! I really enjoyed it. Measured and fair assessments all round. Hope you three release some more Carlton specific pods in the future.

And you need a ladder to get that high..

CARLISLE%20Jake.png

Footy Classified and Juddy has mentioned most our coaches are signed up for next season (Lloyd raising our poor skills).
Well thats a downer. One or two of those assistants need to be moved on.
My first thought as well. I was looking forward to a few replacements in the off-season.
Aside from the dead cat bounce/ injection of energy from new coaches (which tends to be very short lasting) most agree it takes over a year for the new style/ ideas to really take hold. Seeing as a few of these coaches are pretty new at the club I’m happy with them. There are a few who’ve been around for a while now who I question a little though.

I guess it doesn't mean they still can't be sacked and paid out like any coach.

I still reckon there will be movement.
I think it's the we said it. They're signed up makes it sound recent, and if it's recent it isn't really likely they'll be sacked.

Obviously that isn't necessarily true, but that's how I've perceived his phrasing. I hope it's as you say, though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The boys raising more very valid points in this weeks postcast.

My biggest takeaway is their points on our aggression and intensity (Levi and Murph being the example). Id love to see us crack in a bit harder on opposition bodies when the opportunity arises.. they sure dont mind lining us up..

Edit. My point being..with age our skills will improve, but if these kids grow up being timid, theres no coming back. We MUST find a way to inject more aggression.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back