2nds Carlton Reserves 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

RICHMOND 0.1 3.3 8.4 9.9 (63)
CARLTON 3.6 5.7 8.12 13.13 (91)

GOALS
Carlton: Crocker 3, Betts 2, Cottrell, Cuningham, Durdin, Kennedy, Owies, Parsons, Stocker, Wooller

BESTS
Carlton: Williams, Cottrell, Kennedy, Stocker, Betts, Wooller, Delaney, Stoddart

Watched most of the second half through the barb wire at the top of the fence at the punt road end (no I am not a 7 footer there is a rail to stand on).

Carlton was severely undersized with Parks playing as a key defender ( think we may have found one there)and no real tall forwards . Was looking like we would get over run in the last after letting the Tigers back into the game and then having to kick into the wind. Midfield of Williams, Kennedy and Cunningham was just too good.

Hopefully we will see a better 2s finish this year

Watched most of the second half through the barb wire at the top of the fence at the punt road end (no I am not a 7 footer there is a rail to stand on).

Carlton was severely undersized with Parks playing as a key defender ( think we may have found one there)and no real tall forwards . Was looking like we would get over run in the last after letting the Tigers back into the game and then having to kick into the wind. Midfield of Williams, Kennedy and Cunningham was just too good.

Hopefully we will see a better 2s finish this year

Did Honey play?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good to get one over the Richmond Reserves. Richmonds depth is something that's always talked about and we seemingly knocked them off fairly easily.

I'd love to see Stocker come in next week and hit some bodies with aggression. Outside of Cripps I think it's something we lacked on the weekend.

Good to see my man Kennedy included among the best. Have to admit there's a bit of home town bias in that.
I think Kennedy was BOG in the last practice game against StKilda. He is obviously in form, and should be seriously considered for a spot in the 1's, but maybe the MC are worried about his lack of pace in this modern game as it is now.

I wonder if we will be able to attend said VFL games @ Princes Park? If not, will they be televised or even live streamed onto club sites? Who knows

Not a former Northern Blue among them, which is interesting.
Not a F/S potential either, which tells us about how the club sees some of our F/S candidates.
I'd still like to see some F/S guys going around.
Bem Caluzzi a former northern blue for 2 seasons never given a game by that very limited imo coach Josh Fraser.

He got some game time v tigers and am told did some nice stuff

Remove this Banner Ad

Back