Teams Carolina Panthers - Cardiac Cats

Remove this Banner Ad

The only trade that can be viewed as a success as of right now is the CJ Henderson one I think (and even that is somewhat relying on future production but good value nonetheless) . All the others are fails or break evens.
Reich turned Wentz around immediately. Rhule couldnt with Darnold. Rhule doesnt strike now after time as being one who knows exactly what hes doing, learning as he goes along.

Itll be QB. Sexy selection. Helps Rhule buy himself perhaps another year (need to develop new rookie QB). Mid or late round OL can often end up starters, more so than QBs.
Probably want to avoid him trading for yet another QB that turns out a failure. Trading for one would cost multiple 1sts. Would set the franchise back if it fails.

Not trading Donte Jackson before the deadline was unbelievably dumb given es a free agent this year and we 99% likely wont re-sign him.

The Denzel Perryman trade is a fail given how well hes played for the Raiders and our need for a middle linebacker.

The Sam Darnold trade is a fail. No need to even discuss.

The trade back from early in round 2 where we could and I wanted us to take Tevin Jenkins for Terrace Marshall and Tommy Tremble is a fail given how little we use either. Jenkins played his first game yesterday after preseason surgery. If he becomes Chicago's LT for the next 10 years it will be a massive fail.

Not trading Donte Jackson before the deadline was unbelievably dumb given es a free agent this year and we 99% likely wont re-sign him.

The Denzel Perryman trade is a fail given how well hes played for the Raiders and our need for a middle linebacker.

The Sam Darnold trade is a fail. No need to even discuss.

The trade back from early in round 2 where we could and I wanted us to take Tevin Jenkins for Terrace Marshall and Tommy Tremble is a fail given how little we use either. Jenkins played his first game yesterday after preseason surgery. If he becomes Chicago's LT for the next 10 years it will be a massive fail.
Yep. Major fails all around. Draft direction and trading away and for players, as you outlined. I think Rhule is a fraud already. He has been found out all year.

Reich turned Wentz around immediately. Rhule couldnt with Darnold. Rhule doesnt strike now after time as being one who knows exactly what hes doing, learning as he goes along.

Darnold never had Wentz's talent. They were trying to shine a turd. This isn't hindsight. My doubts in Darnold were well documented on this site when we traded for him.

What annoys me is if I could see it, how couldn't they? Is this coaching staff so arrogant to believe they could or are they just dumb and trying to take shortcuts like I said above? This isn't college where you can get away with crap QB play and hide flaws. NFL defences will sniff out weakness and not let up.

Brady never stood a chance. Darnold plus lack of investment in Oline then throw in Cmac not being healthy he was bound to fail. Rhule saying he wants them to run the ball 35 times a game is just stupid you need the lead for that.

Brady never stood a chance. Darnold plus lack of investment in Oline then throw in Cmac not being healthy he was bound to fail. Rhule saying he wants them to run the ball 35 times a game is just stupid you need the lead for that.

Na, Joe Brady has a LOT of flaws, how quickly some people are forgetting what Teddy said last year, that we never practiced red zone offense for instance.

We've also been in plenty of games where we didn't run the ball enough and blew it being pass happy idiots.

You could also argue Joe Brady's overuse of CMac contributed to his injuries.

Rhule got nowhere to hide now though, hes as guilty as Brady, but coordinators are always the scapegoat in situations like this. Both of them deserved to be fired if im being honest.

Sack'em all Tepper, what a shitshow of randomness we are. Should have no problem paying out Rhule's contract given he doesn't mind eating dead cap galore at QB.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last edited:
Far more money the only and obvious reason

You get more to be a broadcaster than to be a position coach. Plus his kid is sick. I dont think he has the time.

So much better job than being a coach. You have to be obsessed to be a coach.

100%... Why on earth would you want to work 100 hours or more a week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back